Zero2Cool
13 years ago

This is the last year of my contract. Nothing has been discussed. There's not been anything said. Not a letter. Nothing, I'm not saying that I want to stay here, but I love playing here. If the future of my job lets me go to another team, then that's what it's going to be. But for right now, I'm still in a contract for the New England Patriots, and I have a job to do.

"I don't want to talk about contracts. I just want to let you all know that I'm here to play my last season out. If an opportunity later on in the season presents itself for me to be a New England Patriot, I will accept that. But if it doesn't, I must move on.

"Randy Moss" wrote:

After this week 1 meltdown, Randy Moss requested to be traded.

Edit, I bet Moss is dealt for a 2nd and only a 2nd. I think he's worth more than that and that'll be why the Patriots ask for and get it. Plus, the Patriots seem to hit on 2nd's better than anyone else in the league.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago
In Kevin Seifert's blog.. He lists the things that Moss did in Minny that caused an uproar. One of the things he added to the list is just him grasping at straws.. which was when Moss mooned the fans in GB. But he conveniently left out how he ran over a meter maid in Minneapolis and had weed in his car. WTF Seifert?!

The atmosphere around him was toxic. On multiple occasions, he walked off the field before the conclusion of competitive games. He pretended to moon the crowd at Lambeau Field in an infamous 2004 playoff game. He mocked the NFL's looming discipline for the incident, telling a group of reporters that he would pay the fine with "straight cash" and that next time he would shake another body part at the crowd.

"Kevin Seifert" wrote:

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
porky88
13 years ago
The real question becomes whether Favre truly has anything left in him. Remember, he's going to be 41 and though he was great last season, circumstances are different.

Nevertheless, this will happen. Minnesota is an aggressive team and New England is more conservative. They'll take the deal because that's what they do. Trade veterans for draft picks and develop guys.

The Vikings feel like this is their year. Maybe it is. I picked them to get to the Super Bowl actually, so I don't blame them for going all in.

Still, there are two sides to look at here. Moss wants to cash in one more time. If the Vikings give in, then what does that say about Sidney Rice? He's younger and very talented, but they didn't pay him. What will he do? Will he want as much as Moss? More? If the Vikings don't give into his demands, will he balk and just walk at a later date.

A lot of side stories to look at.

Furthermore, Rice might be done for the season. Perhaps he's not as healing as good as people think.

I admire the fact that they recognize that this is probably it, but you also have to wonder where this team will be in a few years. Maybe where Washington was just one season ago.

By the way, you know Brett Favre is in on this.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
The Viking's don't care about that, nor should they. If they want a realistic chance at the trophy, you send a 2nd rounder and another for Randy Moss.

I'm one of those who believes where there's smoke there's fire and I'm certain there's talks going on. If the Vikings fail to land Moss, its a huge negative on their management in my humble opinion.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

Edit, I bet Moss is dealt for a 2nd and only a 2nd. I think he's worth more than that and that'll be why the Patriots ask for and get it. Plus, the Patriots seem to hit on 2nd's better than anyone else in the league.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm hearing it's a 3rd and most likely a 4th. I guess the trade part is basically done, but Moss and the Vikes are working on a deal (Moss probably wants a single year deal, while the Vikes probably would want a multiyear deal). Once the deal is done, I've heard the trade just needs to be made official.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

I still don't believe it, though. It would be surreal, though and hearing about Moss, Favre and AP on the same team? Damn. Almost gave me a woody.

"Formo" wrote:

Almost, hell the earth moved 2 inches. :icon_smile:

You might as well go all in for good. Just makes the final collapse that much more sweet.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

I'm hearing it's a 3rd and most likely a 4th. I guess the trade part is basically done, but Moss and the Vikes are working on a deal (Moss probably wants a single year deal, while the Vikes probably would want a multiyear deal). Once the deal is done, I've heard the trade just needs to be made official.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Would that be ironic Rourke? Not sure if I'm using the word correctly. English class was well lets just say my Junior year I took 9th, 10th and 11th grade English in the same semester.

Anyhow, that'd be ironic if the Vikings want 2 or more years and Randy Moss refuses to sign anything but a one year deal... same thing apparently he did to the Packers.
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Hey now, those contracts can be a tough one. I recall the Packers losing out on Moss because of the very same scenario you just provided. GB wanted a two year deal. Moss wanted a one year deal.

My guess is the deal is a second-round draft choice and a conditional pick based on performance.
Formo
13 years ago

The real question becomes whether Favre truly has anything left in him. Remember, he's going to be 41 and though he was great last season, circumstances are different.

"porky88" wrote:

There's a lot of talk going on that this is exactly what Favre needed to get his 'spark' again. I'm sure he'll perk up (if he hasn't already) if this becomes official.

Nevertheless, this will happen. Minnesota is an aggressive team and New England is more conservative. They'll take the deal because that's what they do. Trade veterans for draft picks and develop guys.

The Vikings feel like this is their year. Maybe it is. I picked them to get to the Super Bowl actually, so I don't blame them for going all in.

Still, there are two sides to look at here. Moss wants to cash in one more time. If the Vikings give in, then what does that say about Sidney Rice? He's younger and very talented, but they didn't pay him. What will he do? Will he want as much as Moss? More? If the Vikings don't give into his demands, will he balk and just walk at a later date.

A lot of side stories to look at.

"porky88" wrote:

I don't think Rice will be upset in the least about this. His deal isn't up yet, so he can't say too much.. Besides, he's getting paid now to side on the bench. Can't be mad about not getting an extension when your hurt. I'm 100% confident that if there is a next year (read: A new CBA is signed), that the Vikings will pay El Syd when his contract is up.

I admire the fact that they recognize that this is probably it, but you also have to wonder where this team will be in a few years. Maybe where Washington was just one season ago.

By the way, you know Brett Favre is in on this.

"porky88" wrote:

Yeah, Favre is totally in on this. And this will become a rebuilding team immediately after this season is done for them, most definitely. I doubt they'll turn in to Washington, though.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Hey now, those contracts can be a tough one. I recall the Packers losing out on Moss because of the very same scenario you just provided. GB wanted a two year deal. Moss wanted a one year deal.

My guess is the deal is a second-round draft choice and a conditional pick based on performance.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Hey, I'm not saying it's a done deal. I'm far from it. Like I said on PP.O, I will only believe this when we see Chilly or Favre pick up Moss at the airport and have 4 helicopters in tow. I'm just reporting what I'm hearing.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : Packers Final Injury Report: Jordan Love questionable vs. Vikings
Zero2Cool (14h) : We are hosed. Not practicing Friday: CB Jaire Alexander, CB Carrington Valentine, G/T Jordan Morgan.
Zero2Cool (26-Sep) : rude
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : RIP Frank Ragnow
Mucky Tundra (26-Sep) : @E_Woodyard #Lions HC Dan Campbell says they're gonna put Frank Ragnow down this week. "We've got to be smart," Campbell said.
bboystyle (25-Sep) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Around The NFL / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Random Babble / wpr

26-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

25-Sep / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

25-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.