4PackGirl
13 years ago
ok guys - i need some insight. this kid, caleb, is bullying my kid and a bunch of others too. it started at the end of the year last year & has continued into this year. he has physically assaulted both my kids. tackled them onto concrete, thrown them to the ground, & in general been a pain in the ass.

i tried talking to the principal/superintendent but he's an administrator who claims his hands are somewhat tied. and while he'd like to discuss what he's doing to caleb - he can't due to privacy bullshit. i know he was suspended several times last year & kept in from recess but clearly this kid doesn't care. i researched it alot & found horror stories of victims who have killed themselves because of a bully. i don't think we're at that point yet but this morning, cory didn't want to go to school.

my boys are not little wimpy kids or anything but for some reason he's targeted them & a few others. i decided to write a formal complaint to the principal/superintendent & school board. i specified each incident in the letter & informed them that this IS PHYSICAL ASSAULT. and that i expected them to do something about it. if they didn't, i would be left with no other alternative than to contact the police if/when it happens again. i don't want to be an over the top overbearing parent but i don't know what else to do.

were any of you victims of bullies? any ideas on how to handle this? what the hell should i do???
Cheesey
13 years ago
Oh god......i was bullied every day Jules. My life at school was a living hell.
There was one kid who would wait till i came out of school at the end of the day, then punch me. That was when i was in 4th grade i believe.
Like every day, he taunted me about how he was gonna beat me up after school. This day though, i didn't let it bother me. After school, i went out the usual door.....there was Scott, with about 30 kids in a circle (all waiting to watch the carnage) Scott was saying "Come on Smith! Come get your beating!" Just then, Scott felt a tap on his shoulder.....he turned around to see my 16 year old brother. He said, as he pointed to me "You see that boy?" Scott said "Yes". My brother said "That's my little brother. If you EVER touch him again, I'll be the one waiting for YOU! Now, get out of here!"
Scott took off like a missle, and from then on was my friend.
Maybe you need to get someone to scare the kid. My brother never touched Scott, just put fear into him.
I would document all what's going on.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
13 years ago
thanks alan. i'm torn between handling it the PC way or basically telling my kids to beat the living crap outta the kid the next time he shoves them. quite the conundrum, eh?
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

thanks alan. i'm torn between handling it the PC way or basically telling my kids to beat the living crap outta the kid the next time he shoves them. quite the conundrum, eh?

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Teaching your kids to kick the bully's ass won't solve the problem though. He'll just move on to fresher, younger targets. Happens with bullies. Scaring them works better.
This is a placeholder
4PackGirl
13 years ago
well i don't have anyone who could scare them. i'd send my hubby but the lil kid might have a heart attack then. and heaven forbid a parent or anyone else for that matter should say anything to someone else's kid. see the irony there, he does it on a daily basis but nobody can do it to him. we live in a seriously f'd up world. they have a million excuses but no solutions. typical of our school system.
longtimefan
13 years ago
Send letter to school and CC it to the parents of the bully

Put in the letter if it continues you will seek legal assistance
IronMan
13 years ago
Lock him in a room, and make him watch the Packers/Bears game in its entirety.
4PackGirl
13 years ago
thanks for the laugh, iron. kinda needed that today. :)

and LTF, all the research i've done suggests contacting an attorney if the situation isn't better in 2 weeks. they feel that is ample time to stop the bully & ensure the safety of the victim(s). i'm not a 'sue happy' kinda person. but if it happens again, i might have to do that. ridiculous? hell yes. this whole f'in thing is ridiculous. this kid is 7 years old & has been a nightmare since kindergarten. he's supposedly in some sort of high intensity counseling - has been since at least last year. guess what? it ain't f'in workin!!!!!
MontanaBob
13 years ago
Julie,

Longtimefan has a good point. Mail that letter AND send one to the police department/juvenile officer or someone who deals with minors, and an attorney.

As frustrated as we may get with the school systems, things have changed over the past number of years.......most not good for schools. The first words many kids learn today are,"I'm gonna sue you!" Administrators are scared to death of being sued...it's like an engineer having one of his bridges collapse. It ain't going to help your career.

The Privacy Act, good as it may be, has crippled what schools can let out on discipline, etc. and students names in particular. Again, the administrators fear the word "sue."

Don't worry about being the nagging parent. There are probably several others there that are just too afraid to do or say anything. Be that one who does something about it.

And if all else fails, teach your boy how to break a cement block with a forehead butt, give a school demonstration, and look the bully right in the eye and have him mouth the words......"You're next, Jellybrain."
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
4PackGirl
13 years ago
thanks so much bob. i was hoping you'd chime in. the principal/superintendent (they are the same guy here) actually commended me AND my sons for coming forward. i'm sure in some way it was just lip service but he said he's amazed at the number of parents who really don't care. so i think i will add something like "i'd rather avoid this unpleasantry but if necessary i will pursue legal action." does that sound ok? geez louise i didn't think i'd be dealing with this in 2nd GRADE!! i had no idea how unprotected these kids are.
Similar Topics
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (2h) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
    Zero2Cool (3h) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
    buckeyepackfan (3h) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
    Zero2Cool (19h) : I think that's how it works.
    Zero2Cool (21h) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
    Zero2Cool (21h) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
    hardrocker950 (23h) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
    Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
    Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
    Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
    wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
    bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
    Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Oh yeah, for sure. That's just not fair thoguh.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Zero, what I meant was that surely a tech and IT genius such as yourself would find a way to change the pick
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Well, I mean, I know I did, but might not have waited for it to register and went into Chat. Oh well
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Or so I thought I did. lol
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : I had Colts for few days to throw everyone off. At 11am or so, I changed it to Packers.
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : You know if you didn't say anything you probably could have changed it and no one would have noticed ;)
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Vikings over the 49ers, Bucs over the Lions
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : lol awesome. my pick for Packers didn't go through. sweet
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Packers defense has 6 Takeaways in two games.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : nah
    Martha Careful (15-Sep) : I think I've been booted out of the chat room
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jordan Love has his left leg wrapped in a sleeve as he stands on the sidelines during National Anthem.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Jaire Alexander, Eric Wilson and Elgton Jenkins are the Packers’ team captains today against the Colts.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Looks like Sean Rhyan will start at right guard, based on the early warm-ups.
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : No surprise, Love inactive
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Inactives: 10 QB Jordan Love 27 S Kitan Oladapo 57 DL Brenton Cox Jr. 73 T Andre Dillard 79 T Travis Glover 96 DL Colby Wooden
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

18-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.