nerdmann
14 years ago
I like Zombo and I like Shields.
Can't stand Clifton or Tauscher. MM's wearing thin with me too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
warhawk
14 years ago

I'm not worried about last night, but the Pack hasn't looked good so far this season.

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

Overreaction much? Way to let one loss count more than two wins. Solid win against Philly, mostly impressed that they bent but didn't break against an explosive Vick that's been lighting it up since. The Bills are the Bills, but still a very nice win.

"Porforis" wrote:

Allow me to rephrase. I'm not worried about the loss, but I would like to see them play to their full potential as a team. Wins are wins but more should be expected from a team with Superbowl aspirations.

"Chutzpah515" wrote:

I've watched the Bears win ugly for far to many years and teams like the Saints have to come back from 3 TD deficits to eak out wins to worry about style points.

Just get the F'ng W.
"The train is leaving the station."
ILikeThePackers39
14 years ago

18 PENALTIES. 18 PENALTIES.

Who kicks to Devein Hester ???? Poor ST game plan. you do not kick to Hester!!!

We may need to look a a RB that we can rely on a bit more then Jackson and Kuhn.

"packer98" wrote:

The top two I agree with, absolutely. The penalty total is just embarrassing. And again, who the hell kicks to Devin Hester? And in those situations? The first one: Dude, angle it out of bounds - at worst it goes into the end zone and they start at the 20. How hard is that? The second one: Do NOT kick it to him! And if due to some brain fart you can't manage that, get some air under that damn ball. Criminy.

The bolded part I do not agree with - at least as it pertains to this game. For the carries they were given, I think Jackson and Kuhn did fine work. I also think that had the penalties not occurred that negated scores and turnovers, we would have seen more running and thus a more respectable-looking total. The game was not lost because of lack of run-game production, and I believe the situation led them away from the run game, not lack of production. Overall, I can see some merit to the idea of getting someone else in, but not as it relates to that specific game.

But back to the important part: Who the hell kicks to Devin Hester?
blank
djcubez
14 years ago

The way I look at it is we played terrible and narrowly lost to a rival on their field. We play half way decent and we win the game easy. I talked to Bear fans today who all said the better team lost.

Eighteen penalties for over 150 yards, a PR for a TD, a lousy line drive punt that gave good FP right before halftime, a blocked FG, three INT's we had then didn't have, a TD called back on what I thought was a ticky tack holding call, and NONE of it did us in until Jones fumbles in their territory.

I mean come on. We play even half way decent and it's a win by two TD's.

I won't say we won't play some poor football along the way but I also highly doubt we will see a game where it's just mistake after mistake after mistake and it lasts all game long.

I said in the Bears thread this week that when the Bears win it's always ugly but this one really takes the cake. They GOT a W Monday but they didn't earn it. We just went out and gave it to them.

People want to analyize and dig and figure and ponder,bitch at McCarthy, and scream about a lack of running game, but the bottom line is we puked and no matter how many times we screwed up the Bears were "barely" good enough to do anything with it and lucked up on a win.

Spend a week on it if it makes you feel better. Pretty much a waste of time worrying about it as far as I'm concerned.

"warhawk" wrote:

+1 Warhawk this is how I felt. Here are a few of my drunk text musings with my friends last night:

- There were so many penalties it got hard to get much of a feel for either team during the game. The flow was so disrupted at points nobody could really get into a good rhythm.
- The only thing that stopped us from winning this game was ourselves
- We spotted the Bears 18 penalties and it still took a last second FG for them to win the game
- We basically dominated them and lost
- We were clearly the better team and a boatload of poorly timed mistakes cost us the game
- The Bears have been getting EXTREMELY lucky so far this season. I want to see what kind of team they are when they don't catch a break
- Both teams left a lot of points off the board. The Bears left 10 points off (Gould missed FG at the start of the game, dropped catch in the end zone) and the Packers left a good 7 off (negated TD, blocked FG)
- Two penalties in the red zone? This is what upsets me about McCarthy. We get into the red zone and we are driving good and then there's an offensive penalty that sets us ten yards back. In both of these situations last night we seemed content to just play for the FG after the penalty instead of take a shot at the TD. This annoys me. With our offense we should be going for the jugular every damn game, no matter the score or the opponent. There is no reason we shouldn't be trying to put up as many points as possible.
- Our offense drove down the field well for the most of the game. Rodgers looked magnificent.
- If our DB's could catch a little better and we lose a few of those penalties were looking at a 6 interception game for Cutler.

I hope this game lights a fire under our ass like Tampa last year.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I suggested to Porforis that he create this thread, and I can't remember if I plussed him up last night, so I will do it here. +1 and good work.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    bboystyle (12h) : Favre using the pitty card during that hearing for his criminal acts
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : Former Packers QB Brett Favre recently announced he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
    Zero2Cool (24-Sep) : The only QBs this season with 0 turnover-worthy plays according to PFF (minimum 30 dropbacks) Aaron Rodgers Malik Willis Justin Fields
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : @DavidBearmanPFN · 18h Vegas has watched Will Levis for 3 weeks and installed them as a 1-point favorite in Miami next week. Let that sink
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Martha, they did play much better with Dalton yesterday
    Zero2Cool (23-Sep) : Test results on Sam Darnold’s knee showed a knee bruise and no structural damage. He is not expected to miss any time.
    Martha Careful (23-Sep) : Not with Dalton apparently
    Mucky Tundra (23-Sep) : Not sure what to make of the NFC South so far this season (outside of the Panthers being a dumpster fire)
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : of course I say that and then they overturn that play that put them on the 49ers 2 yard line
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : *without
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Even with Nacua and Kupp out, Rams looking fiesty on offense
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : Tim Boyle is playing for the Dolphins
    Martha Careful (22-Sep) : I love seeing Dallas lose
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : The Red Rifle is on fire in Las Vegas! 3 TDs in the first half!
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : @mattschneidman · 2m The fire alarm is going off inside the Packers locker room here in Nashville.
    Mucky Tundra (22-Sep) : Gonna need a drink after looking at my picks for the early games in Pick'em
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : James Jones. Y’all must not know, Dr. Mackenzie🤣 he was not going to let Jordan love play today.
    Zero2Cool (22-Sep) : Malik to start. Love inactive. Per report. Let's go!!
    buckeyepackfan (22-Sep) : I think J-10VE will be inactive, a little twist that could be put in is run a wildcat with Wicks at qb. Have him as emergency qb if needed.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I think that's how it works.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : I'd go 3 QB regardless this game.
    Zero2Cool (21-Sep) : Clifford was elevated, not activated. He doesn't play, it doesn't count.
    hardrocker950 (21-Sep) : If Clifford is active, not likely to see Jordan play this weekend
    Mucky Tundra (21-Sep) : QB Sean Clifford and CB Robert Rochell elevated from the PS for the Titans game
    Zero2Cool (20-Sep) : Love questionable. Morgan is out. Valentine is doubtful
    Martha Careful (20-Sep) : Rodgers and Lazard off to a very strong start
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Josh Jacobs. Limited.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Can't find anything on Jacobs :(
    wpr (19-Sep) : Do you know if they gave Jacobs an extra day off? I hope so.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : WR Jayden Reed (calf) and G Elgton Jenkins (illness/glute) returned after sitting out Wednesday.
    Zero2Cool (19-Sep) : Packers are in pads and so is Jordan Love. Second straight day of practice for QB1.
    bboystyle (18-Sep) : If Love comes back, we win in a blow out
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Jordan Love just spoke with reporters and said he’s giving himself the week but hopeful to play Sunday against the Titans.
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Practicing is Jordan Love!
    Zero2Cool (18-Sep) : Packers are signing WR Cornelius Johnson to the Practice Squad per sources. Johnson was a 7th round pick this year.
    Zero2Cool (17-Sep) : Packers placed RB MarShawn Lloyd on injured reserve.
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Rams won’t have Cooper Kupp or Puka Nacua when they host the Packers in Week 5.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : Or is that the Rusty Red Rifle because of his age?
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : The Red Rifle Returns!
    Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Panthers are benching former No. 1 overall pick Bryce Young and starting veteran Andy Dalton beginning this week.
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : bears still have slim chance here
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : and there's another one!
    Mucky Tundra (16-Sep) : oh crap macbob has the Texans K and he keeps hitting these long FGs
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Hope the Texans beat the brakes off the Bears
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : LaFleur: “I asked Malik why he didn’t throw it on that third down and he told me Josh threw up on the ball.”
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : i was wondering why it was just you, me, beast and macbob by the end
    Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Yeah it was weird today for some reason
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : Oh my, marvin harrison jr might be as good as he was billed out to be
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : and none of the chats on my phone are showing up on the desktop chat
    Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : weird, i was on my phone for chat during the game but now on my desktop I look at chat and there's tons of chats i didn't see on my phone
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

25-Sep / GameDay Threads / wpr

24-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Featured Content / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Sep / Random Babble / wpr

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.