You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 1:40:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,787

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Vikings running back Adrian Peterson hasn't been in close contact with Brett Favre this offseason. But after seeing Favre last week, Peterson says he expects them to be teammates this year -- and he's willing to beg Favre to come back if that's what it takes.

"I saw him down in L.A. for the first time this offseason, down at the ESPYs," Peterson told the Oklahoman while in town for a football camp. "Looking in his eyes, I got the sense he was coming back. I'll be going down to his house, telling him, 'Favre, I need you back.'"

Peterson said reaching the Super Bowl would carry extra weight for him this season because the game is in Texas, where he was born and raised. And he says the Vikings need Favre at quarterback if they're going to get there.

"I grew up watching Favre," Peterson said. "I'm as big a fan of his as the people that's watching him. People in Green Bay that's been watching him all his life. Just to have the opportunity to play with him and come up short, it would definitely feel good [if he came back] this year [and we] hoisted up that trophy [together] in Dallas, Texas."

For Favre, whose own agent thinks he's a drama queen, it must be music to his ears to hear Peterson talk about him in such glowing terms. When Favre eventually reports to the Vikings, he'll surely say he decided to return for another season because he loves his teammates as much as they love him.

I think Favre needs Adrian more than the other way around.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 2:57:41 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 337

I thought AD was in a contract squabble with the Vikes.

I was hearing/reading that he has done virtually nothing in the off-season that would count as addressing his fumble issues.

He was suppossedly at some parade when he he should have been with the team, or somesuch, plus he skipped OTA's.

Fine with me, but just thought it interesting that AD would make a pronouncement about Brett when he has his own issues.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Cheesey  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 24, 2010 5:46:44 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Well......isn't this "love fest" SPECIAL???
They both NEED each other.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:00:48 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

AP missed one weekend of OTAs. Ever since then, he's been working with the team and running around with a football shaped medicine ball.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:21:42 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

More then we can say about BF, hey?lol!
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:35:09 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

Actually AP skipped all of the Vikings OTAs and almost all of the veterans on the team did. The thing that burned Chillie's chili was AP skipped mandatory mini camp.

The difference is all the signed Packer players attended OTAs, even the injured players like Driver and Harris.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Gravedigga  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:25:18 AM(UTC)
Gravedigga

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson hasn't been in close contact with Brett Favre this offseason. But after seeing Favre last week, Peterson says he expects them to be teammates this year -- and he's willing to beg Favre to come back if that's what it takes.

"I saw him down in L.A. for the first time this offseason, down at the ESPYs," Peterson told the Oklahoman while in town for a football camp. "Looking in his eyes, I got the sense he was coming back. I'll be going down to his house, telling him, 'Favre, I need you back.'"

Peterson said reaching the Super Bowl would carry extra weight for him this season because the game is in Texas, where he was born and raised. And he says the Vikings need Favre at quarterback if they're going to get there.

"I grew up watching Favre," Peterson said. "I'm as big a fan of his as the people that's watching him. People in Green Bay that's been watching him all his life. Just to have the opportunity to play with him and come up short, it would definitely feel good [if he came back] this year [and we] hoisted up that trophy [together] in Dallas, Texas."

For Favre, whose own agent thinks he's a drama queen, it must be music to his ears to hear Peterson talk about him in such glowing terms. When Favre eventually reports to the Vikings, he'll surely say he decided to return for another season because he loves his teammates as much as they love him.

Yea, everyone needs a fumble machine like Peterson. They should trade him for a stud cornerback and go with the rookie rb they drafted and another veteran unless he has figured out his fumbling/holding the ball right issue.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline zombieslayer  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:14:16 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I respectfully disagree. Favre led the O last year for the Vikings, not the other way around.

Favre will be back. And he'll throw another 30+ TDs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:55:58 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

[youtube]RM146mVPttY[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:00:53 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I respectfully disagree. Favre led the O last year for the Vikings, not the other way around.

Favre will be back. And he'll throw another 30+ TDs.

I don't think Favre needs Adrian to throw 30 TD's.

I can't deny the obvious fact that when you have a RB with the talent of Adrian, you can't tell me that doesn't doesn't open up passing lanes with a play action pass. Not to mention when the box is stacked too. Those things help a QB a lot. Look at how many teams said "old man, go ahead and try to beat us, we're stopping Adrian" and to his credit, he did beat them, but the focus was stopping Adrian.

UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:10:56 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

I think the key was containing AP and not letting Favre beat you. Let AP get over 100 yards, just don't let him break away and score. Keep him in front of you and play the Pass the same way. You can't ignore either one of them.

As much as I don't want to, I have to defend AP. 6 fumbles lost in a year and you want to toss him. Favre had 7 ints and 2 lost fumbles in his best year and every one congratulates him. AP is the most productive back for the last 3 years. So he loses one every 2-3 games. Even in NO, AP didn't turn over the ball, Favre did, 3 times.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 4:47:56 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I don't think Favre needs Adrian to throw 30 TD's.

I can't deny the obvious fact that when you have a RB with the talent of Adrian, you can't tell me that doesn't doesn't open up passing lanes with a play action pass. Not to mention when the box is stacked too. Those things help a QB a lot. Look at how many teams said "old man, go ahead and try to beat us, we're stopping Adrian" and to his credit, he did beat them, but the focus was stopping Adrian.

Favre was on pace for 30 TDs with the Jets before that injury. I think if you look at Favre's career, it's in stages. His best years were '94-97 and then '07-present (not including the last 5 games of '08 where he should have been pulled).

Does Adrian open up things for Favre? Heck yeah. But the MVP of the Vikings' O last year was Favre, not AP. That's what I was getting at. That TD pass that won the game against the Niners was the prettiest play I saw in '09, period.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Formo  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:38:24 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

But the MVP of the Vikings' O last year was Favre, not AP. That's what I was getting at. That TD pass that won the game against the Niners was the prettiest play I saw in '09, period.

It DID win the ESPY for the best play of the year.. In ALL sports. Can't argue that.

Still gives me goosebumps.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:42:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

The pass with the 49ers was a wing and prayer, per Brett Favre. Fantastic play, but it wasn't the throw itself that was MOST impressive. It was his pocket presence that was most impressive.

Obviously the man who only chucked 7 picks with 33 TD's was the MVP of their offense. That wasn't being disputed.

I'm saying this, again, and again.
Brett didn't open things up for Adrian as much as Adrian opened them up for Brett last year. Brett took full advantage of Adrian last year.

I think teams are going to be tripping over themselves trying to decide who to try to stop more, Adrian or Brett? I think they hammer the shit out of Brett and he unfortunately gets hurt.

If I recall correctly the Saints threw the kitchen sink at Brett and then some. It forced him into several mistakes. I see other teams trying to emulate that. Some will get toasted, but some will get home with it.

UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:43:40 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

I think if teams don't follow New Orleans' example and pound Favre, they're stupid. How many teams tried Capers' strategy of shutting down Peterson and daring Favre to beat them, and how many failed in the attempt? Hell, the Packers alone failed twice.
UserPostedImage