Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Megatron  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:33:56 AM(UTC)
Megatron

More....

from packer update wrote:
01/27/2009
SHHH..HERE'S WHAT WE'RE HEARING
Talk about awful luck. An agent estimated that the two knee injuries suffered by Mark Tauscher - the first in 2002 and the second last December - probably cost the veteran $20 million..... Speaking of right tackles, the coaches would like to see Breno Giacomini add at least 10 pounds between now and the start of training camp. The former Louisville star weighed under 310 as a rookie. While Giacomini figures to take snaps with the No. 1s when workouts begin in March, one scout told us that he isnt close to being ready to start in the NFL..... Dont be surprised if Green Bay listens to offers for Scott Wells at some point prior to the start of next season. The coaches see Jason Spitz as a natural center and rookie Brennen Carvalho showed some potential while a member of the practice squad......

Megatron.. I clipped some of the article and added a link to the rest.. the site owner has a disclaimer.. "Copyright 2009. Do not repost articles."

In past talkings with them, they didn't mind part of the article being posted and a link back to the rest.. so that is what I did. ~Pack93z
blank
Sponsor
Offline digsthepack  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:21:43 AM(UTC)
digsthepack

Applause Received: 7

Geez....passion!! Go figure.......
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:40:42 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

I hope the Greene sees someone doggin it, don't care whom it is, grabs him by the scruff of the neck and headbutts him into next week sometime around the first preseason game of the season.. set a freaking attitude the it will not be the way we play ball in Green Bay.

I hope Bishop comes to camp with a awful bag of pissoffness in his pocket and starts to drill every single moving human in sight.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:42:32 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Spitz at C. I think that's he's best spot as long as he stops fumbling the snap.

Also I think Colledge will be the starting RT for this season unless Tausher come back or Colledge is needed at LT.

Clifton, Barbre, Spitz, Sitton and Colledge.

I think this lineup goes down in football smarts but would be a LOT better running the ball.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline bozz_2006  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:42:45 AM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

Practice to win. Play to win. Win.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:46:56 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't mind seeing more of Spitz at C. I think that's he's best spot as long as he stops fumbling the snap.

Also I think Colledge will be the starting RT for this season unless Tausher come back or Colledge is needed at LT.

I think this lineup goes down in football smarts but would be a LOT better running the ball.

I like from C to RT. But have serious doubts about the left side. And that definitely is not the area to have doubts about the Oline. A nice 1st round or FA LT would be nice.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:45:27 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

I like from C to RT. But have serious doubts about the left side. And that definitely is not the area to have doubts about the Oline. A nice 1st round or FA LT would be nice.

Well, I was thinking about the current roster. I think Barbre would do alright... I think what he needs is to be throw into live game action more to learn. Clifton...... how knows.... I think it depends on how his body and mind hold up.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:12:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

I think we can get one more year out of Clifton, but when he faces speed rushers like Allen, he needs tight end help this year. I don't think moving College is wise this year, which means we need to draft a big RT that can start day 1.

Next year is when you move College, but his move is to LT, and hopefully by then, Babre is finally ready to play. We are also making a big assumption that Sitton is ready to rock as well. I always worry about our O-line. If these guys were better, our offense could finally get down to it's most explosive formations.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:31:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,996

Quote:
The former defensive staff was extremely unemotional, and the players too often performed that same way.
I've been complaining about this for years.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline digsthepack  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:35:46 PM(UTC)
digsthepack

Applause Received: 7

Too true, Z2C.....too often the defense played like a bunch of buttoned down businessmen in uniforms.

I think one thing is clear......we are cultivating the "Wayne Simmons/Mike Douglass/Chuck Cecil" mentality that this defense has sorely lacked since Fritz.

About time!! Hitting others, in a vicious but legal way, can feel SO good!

LOVE the Perry and Greene hires....with, of course, Dom, leading the charge.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:40:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,842
Applause Received: 1,996

I go back to the time of the Randy Moss fake moon. Flag or no flag, you LEVEL anyone who does that in YOUR HOME! When that happened, I agreed with everyone who ever said our defense was soft, because that proved we were soft. The thought of NOT smacking him to the turf still gets me peeved to this day. If you let others push you around an walk on you, they will continue to do. Just like the rest of the NFL, they seen that, they knew we wouldn't do squat about it so where's the respect?

At worst we would have gotten a 15 yard penalty on the kick off. Woopie freaking doo!!

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline bozz_2006  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:42:07 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

and a league fine for the player, that our organization would have quietly reimbursed him for.
UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:10:14 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

I go back to the time of the Randy Moss fake moon. Flag or no flag, you LEVEL anyone who does that in YOUR HOME! When that happened, I agreed with everyone who ever said our defense was soft, because that proved we were soft. The thought of NOT smacking him to the turf still gets me peeved to this day. If you let others push you around an walk on you, they will continue to do. Just like the rest of the NFL, they seen that, they knew we wouldn't do squat about it so where's the respect?

At worst we would have gotten a 15 yard penalty on the kick off. Woopie freaking doo!!

That would be a great way of revenge. I'd love to see this, but, especially if a QB does this, you can't do anything or they'll be on your side of the field.

Now I don't want the league to turn into all kinds of battering and bruising, but they're just going overboard on this.

Anyway, I'd like to see this passion aswell. If we're beating the Cowboys, I'd love for one of our players to dance on their star or something. Might not be that classy, but damn would I love that.

Lets just get the defense actually play good first though. I read alot about teams stumbling out of the starting blocks when they go to the 3-4. Good to know that Capers', in one year, made the Jaguars from the 20th something defense into the 4th.
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:15:45 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

remember this?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:16:53 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

and then...
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed