Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
9 Pages«<56789>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dhazer  
#91 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:42:21 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 191

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

Well, you're obviously not from Chicago or old enough to really remember what it was like when ReinsDork did that. NO comparison, in any way at all.

Excuse me i was a Bulls season ticket holder when he did this. He didn't want it known as MJ's team he wanted it known as the team he built. Ted Thompson didn't want this known as Favre's team he wants it known as his own. The bulls have sucked since and as far as Ted Thompson he has had 1 winning season out of 4 your probably to young to remember the last time the Packers had losing seasons. People are saying he has helped this team by getting us under the cap well tell me this what good is it if he don't spend it but on second teir players? Ted Thompson got rid of the aging line but yet to this day hasn't found a replacement. So now tell me where i am wrong.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:09:55 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,862
Applause Received: 2,023

This is a serious question, Why would Peppers want to came to Green Bay? He will probably get offers from many teams, some who made the play-offs this year.
The other thing is what makes anyone think Ted Thompson is going to offer any FA with Peppers talent enough money to make him come here?

He hasn't done it in the past, why should he do it now?

Please prove me wrong Ted.

I'm wishing for a pony myself. Until Ted Thompson shows me that he's willing to spend some bucks on quality FA's, he's the Matt Millen of GB in my book.

He sure paid the farm for Charles Woodson. He payed Ryan Pickett a pretty good share of money too. I'd say those two players are quality FAs.

The problem is people want that EVERY year..
And the problem is, there isn't a Charles Woodson to be had, every year.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline zombieslayer  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:45:54 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

What I read about Wolf and Favre is that Wolf really wanted Favre. The Falcons ended up drafting him and Wolf did what it took to get Favre over here.

So Wolf gets full credit for Favre, as Ted Thompson gets full credit for Gregorious.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline RaiderPride  
#94 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 9:58:13 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 189

2008 = Hiccup.

Nothing a long drink of water this off season will not take care of.

It had very little to do with T.T.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline bozz_2006  
#95 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:01:32 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

Applause Given: 19
Applause Received: 11

Have you ever been doing the big-glass-of-water trick to get rid of the hiccups, and then hiccup in the middle of drinking the water, then the water goes down the wrong tube and you puke????

....i swear, that's.... never happened to me.
UserPostedImage
Offline RaiderPride  
#96 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:12:27 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 189

Have you ever been doing the big-glass-of-water trick to get rid of the hiccups, and then hiccup in the middle of drinking the water, then the water goes down the wrong tube and you puke????

....i swear, that's.... never happened to me.

LOL to frickin funny.

You have to put your head down and drink from the opposite side of the glass that you normally drink from.

R.P.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline bozz_2006  
#97 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:27:05 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

I'm with you LT... but, kinda tough to prove either way.
UserPostedImage
Offline bozz_2006  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:46:59 PM(UTC)
bozz_2006

we've got 8 pages on this thread, let's not let it devolve into an "ego-measuring" contest.
UserPostedImage
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:53:12 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

The ego sub-thread has been split into its own thread.
UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#100 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 1:05:38 AM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 261
Applause Received: 226

The only thing that matters is the results on the field.

Bingo!
In the end of the day, I want more Lombardis than the Cows. I don't care of the GM comes to work dressed in a tutu. Just get us the players it takes to win. That's all I ask for.

Oh, great, thanks for THAT visual. Now I've got visions of Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson in tutus. I'm going to have to go scrub my eyes with drano now...
UserPostedImage
Offline ILikeThePackers39  
#101 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 2:07:46 PM(UTC)
ILikeThePackers39

he reminds me of his brother Jerry Reinsdorf when he dismantled the Bulls.

Well, you're obviously not from Chicago or old enough to really remember what it was like when ReinsDork did that. NO comparison, in any way at all.

Excuse me i was a Bulls season ticket holder when he did this. He didn't want it known as MJ's team he wanted it known as the team he built. Ted Thompson didn't want this known as Favre's team he wants it known as his own. The bulls have sucked since and as far as Ted Thompson he has had 1 winning season out of 4 your probably to young to remember the last time the Packers had losing seasons. People are saying he has helped this team by getting us under the cap well tell me this what good is it if he don't spend it but on second teir players? Ted Thompson got rid of the aging line but yet to this day hasn't found a replacement. So now tell me where i am wrong.

Brett isn't MJ - there's one area you're wrong. Also, Reiny flat out SAID he wanted the Bulls to be known as his team and not MJ's or Phil's - Thompson hasn't ever said anything, and as usual it's your irrational hatred (fueled by an equally irrational hero worship) that's leading you to compare the two.

If Thompson ever manages to put together a track record as miserable as Reinsdorf, then maybe I'll join you - but as of yet he's not anywhere near in the same category.

EDIT to add: And as my member name attests, I'm 39 - I lived through the 70s and 80s right along with everyone else. Again, comparing the current Packers to the joke we used to call a team is just hyperbole aimed at stirring people up, and that's just tired as hell at this point. Get a new act.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#102 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 3:30:49 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

The only thing that matters is the results on the field.

Bingo!
In the end of the day, I want more Lombardis than the Cows. I don't care of the GM comes to work dressed in a tutu. Just get us the players it takes to win. That's all I ask for.

Oh, great, thanks for THAT visual. Now I've got visions of Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson in tutus. I'm going to have to go scrub my eyes with drano now...

You're welcome.

You know what though? Ted Thompson wouldn't look too bad in a tutu. Mike McCarthy though, that would be disastrous. He'd be like the Hippo dancing with the Crocodile in Fantasia.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#103 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:52:52 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 338

What I read about Wolf and Favre is that Wolf really wanted Favre. The Falcons ended up drafting him and Wolf did what it took to get Favre over here.

So Wolf gets full credit for Favre, as Ted Thompson gets full credit for Gregorious.

Sure he did! But it was still a gamble at the tiime. And after Wolf watched Favre for a bit, he then went to FA and got Reggie. He knew there was a piece from the puzzzle that was missing, on DEFENSE.

Jennings is definiyely a piece in the current puzzle, but there are still some missing pieces.

So....when Wolf did a good move, he was a genius....when Ted Thompson does it, he's "lucky?" Man.......to me thats just ignoring the truth because you don't WANT to give any credit to TT.
Wolf got Reggie........TT got Woodson and Pickett........TT just got "lucky" again, right?
Oh....and Wolf took several years to build the Packers to where they won the Super Bowl. But you arn't willing to allow Ted Thompson to have the time needed?

To me its unreal how some will dissmiss good moves by our current GM based only on the fact they hate the guy. Ted Thompson got Rodgers.........a guy who threw 28 TD's, and only 13 ints, over 4000 yards in his first season on the field.
Damn......that Ted Thompson is just "lucky!" He has NO idea what he's doing.
UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#104 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:01:41 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 537
Applause Received: 247

Cheesey, relax, your blood pressure is skyrocketing.
It's all gonna be good come next year when we have the 32nd pick in the draft.
Offline Cheesey  
#105 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:03:36 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 338

Cheesey, relax, your blood pressure is skyrocketing.
It's all gonna be good come next year when we have the 32nd pick in the draft.

Thanks Yoop.....and you are right. With what i'm going through right now, getting worked up is the worse thing i can do.
I just have a problem TRYING to understand the lack of logical thinking.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed