You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline longtimefan  
#31 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 12:37:03 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
When you lose a couple games... the slugs crawl back out from underneath the rocks.. someone is digging up a stir.. remember where PF Weekly's home is.. Chitown.. what better way to cause issues.. find someone that will complain..

This same board backed Ted's play this offseason.. I have a hard time believing that endorsement is crumbling after 5 games.. or 6 if this was released this afternoon..

In regards to all parties, I think the trade worked.. Brett, Aaron, Chad and their respective teams.

I had no idea we had that many people on the board, and with that many people I'd be shocked if the board was unanimous in supporting Thompson's decision. I'd be willing to wager some portion of them conditionally backed it if GB took the next step this year but made it clear that if they regressed someone's ass would be on the line. The bottom line is this team just missed the Super Bowl last year. .

lot of those guys on the board are just in name or so I have heard

Also during the summer drama one of the memebers allowed his private plane to be used for Mark Murphy to fly down to Brett in the famous "buy out"

I also heard that during the summer that the MAJORITY of the board had no issues with it at all, there were a FEW that didnt like it, but those few didn't say to much when it came right down to it.

I suspect that those FEW now are the ones raising the questions if at all
Offline gbpfan  
#32 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 12:54:59 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

brett is gone a-rod is playing well grant is finally getting some yards and the d-line showed yesterday with the o-line out on the field longer than 1 minute they can play i don't see a-rod and ted going anywhere as much as i like brett and yes he is doing good for his new team,if he doesn't return after this year where will the jets be no one knows we will with a-rod and i think they can beat thew colts :icon_smile:
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#33 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 1:19:35 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

What I don't get is why anyone's against Aaron Rodgers . Aaron Rodgers 's been nothing but outstanding this whole season. If anyone has a beef against anyone, it should be Ted Thompson , not Aaron Rodgers .
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#34 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:00:23 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Lets say for example. TWO of these board members are saying that kind of stuff, and all the rest are on TT's and MM"s side.
WHO do you think they are gonna follow........yup.....the two PO'd guys. After all, is there a story at all from the rest of the guys that back Ted Thompson and MM? Nope.
It's ALL about getting a "story" out.
JMO
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#35 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:01:49 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Lets say for example. TWO of these board members are saying that kind of stuff, and all the rest are on Ted Thompson's and Mike McCarthy"s side.
WHO do you think they are gonna follow........yup.....the two PO'd guys. After all, is there a story at all from the rest of the guys that back Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy? Nope.
JMO

You may be right.
This may be just another story to get hits.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Bigbyfan  
#36 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:03:47 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 71

This stroy smells like Bull Shhh...... Well you get the point :)
blank
Offline Cheesey  
#37 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:04:28 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Lets say for example. TWO of these board members are saying that kind of stuff, and all the rest are on Ted Thompson's and Mike McCarthy"s side.
WHO do you think they are gonna follow........yup.....the two PO'd guys. After all, is there a story at all from the rest of the guys that back Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy? Nope.
JMO

You may be right.

Thats what i'm thinking.
These guys want a story, and will go after whoever gives them one to write.
It's much more interesting then them writting "Out of the 44 board members, all but 2 are backing Ted Thompson and MM".
Would anyone go "WOW! if they read that? I don't think so.
UserPostedImage
Offline Trippster  
#38 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:26:31 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Applause Received: 10

JMO

You may be right.

Thats what i'm thinking.
It's much more interesting then them writting "Out of the 44 board members, all but 2 are backing Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy".

WOW!! :cyclopsani:
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Offline WhiskeySam  
#39 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:32:18 PM(UTC)
WhiskeySam

Applause Received: 1

JMO

You may be right.

Thats what i'm thinking.
It's much more interesting then them writting "Out of the 44 board members, all but 2 are backing Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy".

Somehow, I don't think the number is that lopsided either way. But I do think it will shift to one side or the other depending on how the team finishes.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Offline warhawk  
#40 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:39:27 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 161

This is audibles which comes from scouts, coaches, and other front offices personnel around the league.

In other words this is the belief around the NFL. It's not necessary the beliefs of the board. The only thing that matters is what the board believes and not what another GM or front office guy believes. I don't think Ted's future is in jeopardy right now.

Thanks for the information. That is good to know.

I don't know how a GM could go from GM of the year to on the hot seat in just one off season.

To see it from the Favre fan point of view - if you trade away a player of that caliber (leaving all the off season drama out of it and looking at it from a purely talent point of view), you had better be damn sure about the guy you are sticking in his place.

rodgers is beyond fine. I dont get this post.

Neither do I.

Nor does any of this make sense when you consider these two QB's talent will be crossing lines the more they play. Favre is getting older and Rodgers is getting more experience with each game and I believe there will be a clear picture even by this time next year who you would want on the field.

Favre may very well have been a better choice (but not by leaps and bounds by the way both have played so far) for 16 games.

When it comes to NEXT year and the year after that and the year after that making this move NOW will pay the dividends where his stock will be going up and Favre's going down with time.

The only "Board Members" talking this crap must have big noses they can't look past. Besides, anybody left that doesn't think Arod can play QB in the NFL?

I can tell you this there would be a lot more teams going after him then Brett Favre if the two became available after this year and you can take that to the bank.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline Cheesey  
#41 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 3:49:24 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Trippster....i just don't KNOW about you!!!

Anyway......maybe it's more then 2. Could be alot more then 2 (but i don't think thats the case, but i don't really know)
Writers want stories, and want to write interesting stuff. I bet alot of them were hoping Rodgers WOULD suck, as it would make their jobs super easy. They could use that all season.
He's messing up their work! LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#42 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 5:48:16 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

I'm not crazy about TT. I didn't like the Favre trade. I didn't like the Harrell pick(would have lliked the Clevland trade for a 2nd and a 1st) with his injury background. I didn't like it that he didn't go after a DL, or OG free agent during the off season. I didn't like it that he didn't pull the trigger on the Moss trade.

But he has brought in some nice young talent and I believe he will continue to do so. Rodgers fell into his lap and he grabbed him when many thought it was a stupid move. He needs to have the courage to get 2 or 3 more key players somehow. I don't like TT, but as long a he gets the job done and brings a SB or 3 I don't have to like him. I like the Packers not him.

Don't worry about the "board" as a unit they don't have much say about the football part of the business, they are administers. The executive committee has a lot more clout because there are only a few on it. They have a huge say in who the President, who in turn choosees the GM.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Online buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:13:44 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 332

I said it early last summer, and got branded a Ted Thompson hater and BF lover, and I will say it again now,

TT handled the BF situation so badly, if The Pack does not see improvement over last year(I.E get to the SB) He will be in real trouble, and not by any of AR's fault he will be thrown under the bus with Ted.

TT did nothiing but set up Aaron Rodgers to fail in Green Bay. This is not in any way a jab at AR, IMHO he has played well, but Ted Thompson has almost guaranteed Aaron Rodgers will not make it in Green Bay.

Just my opinion, bring this post back up in February and throw it in my face, anyone, I hope it can be done, but doubt it.

THE FUTURE IN THE NFL IS NOW!!!!!! "Building for the future" talk is something GM's and HC's use to keep the Fans and Board members happy, question is how many more years is Ted Thompson gonna build before he brings a championship back to Green Bay?

He was close last year and decide to take two steps back, won't be long before the "Indians" get restless!!!!
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."