Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GermanGilbert  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:34:57 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 35
Applause Received: 86

I know, the season is not over, however, I like to see how the Draft order turns out when the season is coming to an end. Thus I created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the strength of schedule for each team. Due to the tie against Minnesota the Packers Draft pick is easy to determine, but maybe someone of you is interested in the other teams spots as well.

Here is the 2014 Draft picture after week 13:

GermanGilbert attached the following image(s):
draft-tracker-w13.jpg (167kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
blank
Sponsor
Offline nerdmann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:54:31 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,498
Applause Received: 625

Almost guaranteed Ted trades down. LOL
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline GermanGilbert  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:59:48 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Almost guaranteed Ted trades down. LOL

Given the last guy he selected at 16 maybe not the worst idea Big Grin

blank
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:18:35 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 297
Applause Received: 419

Hell, Packers might as well run the table and pick 32 next year.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That way Ted can trade out of 1st and 2nd rnds and start drafting at the end of the 3rd rond.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:31:58 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,918
Applause Received: 1,412

Thanks Gilbert. I was looking this past weekend. GB has an easy schedule but it all depends on Rodgers as to whether they move up or down a few spots.

Several "experts" have GB taking a TE Jace Amaro or Eric Ebron.
I would like to see them get S HaHa Clinton-Dix myself. Neither position is very strong but I think TE might be slightly deeper.

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 3:39:59 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,498
Applause Received: 625

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Gilbert. I was looking this past weekend. GB has an easy schedule but it all depends on Rodgers as to whether they move up or down a few spots.

I would like to see them get S HaHa Clinton-Dix myself. Neither position is very strong but I think TE might be slightly deeper.

Looks to me like Finley's done. Stick a fork in him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:23:43 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 414

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Hell, Packers might as well run the table and pick 32 next year.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That way Ted can trade out of 1st and 2nd rnds and start drafting at the end of the 3rd rond.

I'd be fine with that.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 8:18:53 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 337
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
I know, the season is not over, however, I like to see how the Draft order turns out when the season is coming to an end. Thus I created an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the strength of schedule for each team. Due to the tie against Minnesota the Packers Draft pick is easy to determine, but maybe someone of you is interested in the other teams spots as well.

Here is the 2014 Draft picture after week 13:

Nice Work! Applause

I'd rather they go with someone like Hageman or Clinton-Dix in the first and hope someone like Austin Seferian-Jenkins slides into the second or slides enough to trade up and not cost many picks.

The upside to guys like Ebron and Amaro is they seem to be in the same mold as guys like Finley and Graham: new generation TEs who can line up at the line, in the slot and outside and create mismatches.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:49:47 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

WPR seriously you didnt say that did you? Green Bay has an easy schedule? Granted the Falcons are having a down year with the injuries, but the Cowboys are playing to win the east and its in Dallas, the Steelers are still clinging to playoff hope and the Bears will have Cutler back ( ok so that might actually help us Laughing ) but they are still playing for the playoffs and they beat us already once. Easy to me would be playing like the Jets, Jags, Bills, and Texans, and at the current rate we are going we would still probably lose one of those games lol
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:53:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,896
Applause Received: 2,094

2014 Packers Draft Picture is simple ... 32nd overall pick.

Falcons 3 - 9
@Cowboys 7 - 5
Steelers 5 - 7
@Bears 6 - 6

21 - 27
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
cheeseheads123 on 12/4/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:01:30 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
WPR seriously you didnt say that did you? Green Bay has an easy schedule? Granted the Falcons are having a down year with the injuries, but the Cowboys are playing to win the east and its in Dallas, the Steelers are still clinging to playoff hope and the Bears will have Cutler back ( ok so that might actually help us Laughing ) but they are still playing for the playoffs and they beat us already once. Easy to me would be playing like the Jets, Jags, Bills, and Texans, and at the current rate we are going we would still probably lose one of those games lol

My bad.

I was looking at Gilbert's post. GB has a SOS of .4635. There are only 2 teams that have an easier schedule. None of them are ranked higher on the list. I was thinking that the SOS was for the remaining games not for the ones they have already played.

However, as you mentioned Atlanta is struggling this year. Dallas is in the NFL East the whole division has had major issues. Earlier in the year Dallas looked pretty bad. They have done better recently. The Steelers are below .500 and the Bears don't do very much on defense. If we had a healthy Aaron Rodgers you would say that GB should win all 4 of these games and do so fairly easily. Now that the wheels have come off they all look like we are trying to climb Mt Everest on our knees.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:11:27 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

btw- this comes from a jsonline story

Quote:
Green Bay (5-6-1) is currently 1½ games behind Detroit (7-5) and a half- game back of Chicago (6-6). Detroit's final four opponents are 21-26-1 overall (.448), while Chicago's foes are 23-24-1 (.490). Green Bay's final four opponents are a combined 21-27 (.438).

While Green Bay has the easiest schedule, it also has a lot of ground to make up in a short time.

UserPostedImage

Offline texaspackerbacker  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:51:04 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 250

Detroit just has to lose twice. They have proven that they can be really hot and really cold. They probably will be underdogs to the Ravens, and they play at Philadelphia, a real up and coming team, but even the Giants and Vikings are possible for a team that can lose to Tampa.

I don't know how this thread got from the draft to the playoff picture, but the effect of that tie was that all tiebreakers are now moot.

It comes down to win out with Aaron Rodgers or lose if he continues to sit.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline GermanGilbert  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:48:15 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

My bad.

I was looking at Gilbert's post. GB has a SOS of .4635. There are only 2 teams that have an easier schedule. None of them are ranked higher on the list. I was thinking that the SOS was for the remaining games not for the ones they have already played.

It's neither the SOS of the games they already played nor the SOS of the upcoming games. It's the combined record of all 16 opponents as of week 13. That means the current records of e.g. Pittsburgh and Dallas are included in the calculation as well.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 12/4/2013(UTC)