Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:16:11 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,031

On my way to work today the radio host, Rookie was talking about the Mason Street bridge being out. Apparently he signaled a woman to go ahead of him and immediately afterwards some guy in a POS green car jumped through too. My rule is I always let one person through and when someone tries forcing their way, always rubs me the wrong way.

A caller phoned in and said he hates it when you have two lanes and you see the guy in the left lane with no blinker so to avoid cluttering up the right lane, you hop behind him. Only to have the jerk flip on his signal when the light turns green.

What traffic rants do you have?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:33:37 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,830
Applause Received: 1,364

Shoulder riding to get to the front of the line. I was in Chicago last year and some dude in a beat up old car (who know doubt lived int he area) tried to ride the should and force his way in front of me. I didn't yield and he was screaming at me. He passed up 30 or 40 cars to get to the front of the line and then was mad he couldn't get past one more.

One the other hand I was leaving a Packers game last year and was coming off a side street onto Ashland Ave. There was heavy traffic in both lanes of Ashland and a long line on my street. Both lanes on Ashland would frequently be stopped because of the traffic light ahead. When traffic was moving the right lane would let people from the side street in. (One car only) When it was my turn the car on Ashland would not yield. As if being one car ahead was going to make any differnce. I had the angle off the side street and just kept coming a forced my way in front of him. It is nice having an older car. Guys in new cars don't want scratches on their car. Based on his reactions he was a little miffed to say the least.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Mucky Tundra  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 6:00:19 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 380

Frickin Southerners in Murray that don't use their indicators. You can pretty much tell which people are from the North and the ones from the South without looking at their plates because of this (it's a college town). Because of the size of the town there are a lot of lights that don't have turn lanes/green arrows. It's not uncommon to be sitting their trying to take a left and waiting for cars to go by for 2-3 cars without their indicators blinking to make left turns. You end up sitting there like an idiot because you had time to turn but didn't know you could because the morons won't turn on their indicator.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 6:54:03 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 639
Applause Received: 655

4 way stops anywhere other than a suburban residential neighborhood.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 9:26:25 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 229

hahahahaha As I read all those, I'm the (what's the plural of) nemesis of you guys, I'm thinking just about all of those could have been me - not in person, as I haven't been to Green Bay in over 30 years (or Kentucky in over 20).

Driving is a form of competition. Getting a car or two ahead is meaningless in practical terms - just like if we were completely honest with ourselves, even winning/losing a round of golf or match of tennis doesn't ultimately make or break our lives. Even (apology for heresy) if the Packers win or lose, great or painful as it may feel, it ain't gonna save or kill any of us.

What I really really hate is the plethora these days of left turn signals, etc. - basically annoying little things set up as handicaps (in the golf sense) for less competent drivers. Wade, I LOVE 4 way stops - the few that are left. They are one of the last vestiges of survival of the fittest. Given your political stance, how could you FAVOR government intrusion in the form of stop lights? The only things better than a 4 way stop is a 2 way stop or a yield sign or best of all, a completely unmarked intersection. When I come to a 4 way stop, there can be 3 people who SHOULD go before me, but if those dumbasses hesitate, I will go ahead of them and look down on them for their incompetence. As the outbreak of these damn left turn lanes, etc. have increased, I have increased my zeal for finding short cuts through parking lots, making U-turns after right on red, etc. If a damn cop tries to stop me for cutting through private property (which a public parking lot ain't), I'll just say, "Can you prove intent? Maybe I intended to buy a Taco, then I changed my mind."

And the most annoying thing of all that is creeping in: you know how it is supposed to turn green the one way when it turns red the other? Well, the traffic control idiots now have this super-annoying little pause where it is red every direction for a second or two before turning green. That just drives me up the wall.

As for any rants against individuals, in most cases, I grudgingly respect somebody for beating me at my own game. In all other cases, well, that's why God gave us a middle finger.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline yooperfan  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 9:34:32 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 539
Applause Received: 247

Wisconsin Drivers!!!!!
Offline wpr  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 9:36:11 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

TX it is incompetent drivers like you who cause about 50-60% of the claims I have to deal with and thus higher insurance costs. Glad you are in TX. stay there. hahahaha

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/7/2013(UTC)
#8 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 12:10:59 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
TX it is incompetent drivers like you who cause about 50-60% of the claims I have to deal with and thus higher insurance costs. Glad you are in TX. stay there. hahahaha

FAR more accidents are caused by slow-assed fools who get hit from behind - the most dishonorable kind of dent is in the rear hahaha. Also, those same slow-assed rule-following fools cause the great majority of road rage among us normal people who get pissed off at them. As I said, though, most of that can be solved with a simple middle finger - the God-given remedy for dealing with dumbasses.

wpr, somehow I knew (or at least am not surprised) that you are an insurance guy.

Answer me this question if you can: many years ago I briefly sold life insurance (A.L. Williams). I was told at that time that auto insurance was just a side light for most insurance companies, not much profit in it. Now, you have Discount Double-Check and 10 or 12 other companies aggressively, almost frantically advertizing for auto insurance business. Apparently there is real profit in it now. What has changed? Safer driving? The "Individual Mandate" as applied to auto insurance? Something else?

BTW, in 50 1/2 years of driving, I have been involved in exactly one property damage accident - no injuries. I got hit from behind (oh the shame of it hahahaha) while sitting at a stop light by a damn drunk. He got injured - by me beating the crap out of him right there in the street.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 12:30:09 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
FAR more accidents are caused by slow-assed fools who get hit from behind

Unless the person who gets hit from behind is driving in reverse, it is almost always the driver who hits them that CAUSED accident.

I miss the days, of my beater car. Changed from an automatic on the column to 4 on the floor. When some dufass would pull up on my rear, I'd flip the column shifter to R and watch them freak when my reverse lights came on at 55.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 12:55:16 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

I hate it that deer (and most other wildlife) think they have the right of way... that is the most traffic on my roads to and from work daily. Big Grin

Edited by user Monday, October 7, 2013 1:18:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Porforis  
#11 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 3:35:53 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

1. Tailgating
2. Failure to use turn signals when changing lanes or turning
3. Being in the left lane for no reason
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:37:08 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post

1. FAR more accidents are caused by slow-assed fools who get hit from behind - the most dishonorable kind of dent is in the rear hahaha. Also, those same slow-assed rule-following fools cause the great majority of road rage among us normal people who get pissed off at them. As I said, though, most of that can be solved with a simple middle finger - the God-given remedy for dealing with dumbasses.

wpr, somehow I knew (or at least am not surprised) that you are an insurance guy.

2. Answer me this question if you can: many years ago I briefly sold life insurance (A.L. Williams). I was told at that time that auto insurance was just a side light for most insurance companies, not much profit in it. Now, you have Discount Double-Check and 10 or 12 other companies aggressively, almost frantically advertizing for auto insurance business. Apparently there is real profit in it now. What has changed? Safer driving? The "Individual Mandate" as applied to auto insurance? Something else?

3. BTW, in 50 1/2 years of driving, I have been involved in exactly one property damage accident - no injuries. I got hit from behind (oh the shame of it hahahaha) while sitting at a stop light by a damn drunk. He got injured - by me beating the crap out of him right there in the street.

1. Wrong. Statistics say so.

2. Auto insurance is not a lost leader. There are many years were the industry combined loss ratio for auto insurance is 103-107%. That means for every dollar the industry takes in they spend a dollar and three cents to a dollar and seven cents. When they can get more than 10% on their investments it is not terribly bad (although companies will still complain.) in today's financial market they are not getting that. The past few years the loss ratio has been a little higher than that thus the rate increases for the past few years has been a little steeper than usual. As for your question about all the ads, the companies you are mentioning depend on auto sales. They do very little outside of home and auto insurance. They need auto sales or die.

3. One driver's record does not mean it is a safer method of driving. I have met hundreds of teenagers that have not have had tickets or accidents. But as a collective group their record is not very good. Your cohorts have ruined your argument. (I had an attorney once tell me that his law firm knew how to practice law safely. After all they never had a malpractice lawsuit in the 100 years that the firm had been in existence. I told him that was marvelous but didn't mean they wouldn't in the future. They had 2 claims in the next 3 years.)

UserPostedImage

Offline yooperfan  
#13 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 5:40:44 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 539
Applause Received: 247

"Left laners: people driving aimlessly in the passing lane clogging up traffic.
When I have to pass them on the right they always get the finger.

People using the left turn lane to merge into traffic.
It's called the left turn lane for a reason numbnuts!
Offline Porforis  
#14 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 7:59:31 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
"Left laners: people driving aimlessly in the passing lane clogging up traffic.
When I have to pass them on the right they always get the finger.

People using the left turn lane to merge into traffic.
It's called the left turn lane for a reason numbnuts!

Thanks for reminding me of #4: People who use turning lanes or shoulders to get around a car or two.
UserPostedImage
#15 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 9:19:09 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
1. Wrong. Statistics say so.

2. Auto insurance is not a lost leader. There are many years were the industry combined loss ratio for auto insurance is 103-107%. That means for every dollar the industry takes in they spend a dollar and three cents to a dollar and seven cents. When they can get more than 10% on their investments it is not terribly bad (although companies will still complain.) in today's financial market they are not getting that. The past few years the loss ratio has been a little higher than that thus the rate increases for the past few years has been a little steeper than usual. As for your question about all the ads, the companies you are mentioning depend on auto sales. They do very little outside of home and auto insurance. They need auto sales or die.

3. One driver's record does not mean it is a safer method of driving. I have met hundreds of teenagers that have not have had tickets or accidents. But as a collective group their record is not very good. Your cohorts have ruined your argument. (I had an attorney once tell me that his law firm knew how to practice law safely. After all they never had a malpractice lawsuit in the 100 years that the firm had been in existence. I told him that was marvelous but didn't mean they wouldn't in the future. They had 2 claims in the next 3 years.)

My #1 couldn't be wrong because I didn't say far more than what hahahaha.

#2: Thanks for the info. It still seems illogical for so many companies to spend so much on fancy commercials unless they are making a ton of money on the product. If they do very little outside of home and auto insurance, and that is a mere loss leader, then how/why are State Farm, Allstate, GEICO, etc. such big prosperous companies?

My #3 was in response to being called an incompetent driver with implications of not being safe - when it is in fact the silly fools crawling along complying with instead of defying, ducking, and dodging all those stupid rules and regulations they are ramming down our throats with so much as a legislative vote. So strange that our Libertarian types all seem to have their heads in the clouds and don't give a damn about this kind of down to earth government shit that really does mess with our lives, unlike ........ all the shit they do deem worthy of ranting about.
Rss Feed