Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#16 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:10:39 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 207

The question is who goes if Woody comes back? Your talking about players that should benefit greatly from the PT they got last year at a position I think everyone agrees takes a couple years to be able to grasp.

So you dump one for a player that MAY give you some help for a year IF he can even stay on the field? Or, do you cut Bush or Ross who will probably do more on ST's than Woodson can give you in the Dbackfield?

I think too many people here want to cut these 2nd year players who were really out there as rookies just trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

The way this staff works I say that won't happen and that the only way Woodson comes back here is if one of the young Db's gets hurt and he's still around.

"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
earthquake on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline earthquake  
#17 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:14:26 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Applause Given: 120
Applause Received: 45

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
The question is who goes if Woody comes back? Your talking about players that should benefit greatly from the PT they got last year at a position I think everyone agrees takes a couple years to be able to grasp.

So you dump one for a player that MAY give you some help for a year IF he can even stay on the field? Or, do you cut Bush or Ross who will probably do more on ST's than Woodson can give you in the Dbackfield?

I think too many people here want to cut these 2nd year players who were really out there as rookies just trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

The way this staff works I say that won't happen and that the only way Woodson comes back here is if one of the young Db's gets hurt and he's still around.

Yeah, have to agree, only way I see Woodson back is some bad injury situation where one or two important guys in the secondary go down. Otherwise you're signing an old, slow veteran player to be a backup, but not play special teams. Backup DBs get a lot of playing time on special teams, so if he can't do that, and isn't going to start, even at the vet min his value to the team has to be fairly low.

I really like Woodson too, I just don't see it.
blank
Offline DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:25:03 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,294

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Charles Woodson - 6' 1" 202 lbs

Jerron McMillian - 5' 11" 203 lbs

Middle Finger

I figured Woodson for about 180 lbs. Thanks for making a dumbass out of me. Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool on 5/6/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:45:25 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post

I won't speak for others, but the scenario I was speaking of would be if there happened to be injuries to these guys in TC.

I don't think anyone wants any of the guys who played last year cut, but if the situation came up where The Packers needed another db, Woody would be the first called.

The Packers didn't draft a S, I think they did sign a UDFA S, but if you think about it, Woody's roster spot hasn't been filled by anyone, and if he was resigned despite no injuries, he wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone who was on the roster last year, he would just be taking back his spot on the roster.

Again, the only scenario I see he comes back is if he is needed because of multiple unjuries to the safety position.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 4:52:16 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I won't speak for others, but the scenario I was speaking of would be if there happened to be injuries to these guys in TC.

I don't think anyone wants any of the guys who played last year cut, but if the situation came up where The Packers needed another db, Woody would be the first called.

The Packers didn't draft a S, I think they did sign a UDFA S, but if you think about it, Woody's roster spot hasn't been filled by anyone, and if he was resigned despite no injuries, he wouldn't be taking a spot from anyone who was on the roster last year, he would just be taking back his spot on the roster.

Again, the only scenario I see he comes back is if he is needed because of multiple unjuries to the safety position.

Well they did take a corner in the draft and they can keep Bush and move him to one of the backup safety positions. I'm not too concerned about the secondary, just want to see more improvement out of the safeties. Considered Woodson a temporary fix last season, not a solution to losing Collins.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 5:19:44 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Middle Finger

I figured Woodson for about 180 lbs. Thanks for making a dumbass out of me. Big Grin

It Wasn't Me

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online wpr  
#22 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 7:07:17 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,728
Applause Received: 1,310

I don't understand why people can't comprehend the complete loss of speed and bum shoulder deficiencies Wood has. It is why he wasn't picked up by anybody yet. Now, if you need a dime corner to line up on a slot receiver, or to blitz - then Wood might be our man. But what should the compensation be for a guy like that?

I have confidence that McMillian will seize the job and do well. Charles Woodson is a corner, not a safety - he is too small to be an every down safety.

I can not imagine IF they did bring him back that it would be for much more than league min of $940,000 and he would be more than a situational role player.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 7:08:57 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

I like many players that we have, but if Charles can come in and beat another player for a position fair and square, the staff will have to consider his age vs losing a younger player who just needs time to develop. Tough call.

Regardless, Woodson as a pure Safety could be good with his experience. Good for many of those younger players. If his wheels are too slow to get the job done, I would side with the youth.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#24 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 8:20:53 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: Dakotat Go to Quoted Post
Well they did take a corner in the draft and they can keep Bush and move him to one of the backup safety positions. I'm not too concerned about the secondary, just want to see more improvement out of the safeties. Considered Woodson a temporary fix last season, not a solution to losing Collins.

WHAT??????

Topic..........a sign Charles Woodson will return

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:19:11 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 77

JerseyAl wrote:
For seven years, Charles Woodson was everything Packers fans wanted–a leader and defensive difference-maker.

Oh, and an expensive free agent acquisition.

But scheduled to count $9,437,500 against the salary cap in 2013, the Packers opted to release Woodson and use that money elsewhere. Since then, the Packers have signed Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews to lucrative contract extensions and brought in 11 players via the draft.

But one position that wasn’t addressed by the Packers in April’s draft was safety. [...]

Edited by moderator Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:39:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:38:05 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
WHAT??????

Topic..........a sign Charles Woodson will return

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

If you were actually capable of reading between the lines, you would understand that drafting the corner from Iowa would move Bush to safety, leaving no room to sign Woodson. Sorry I didn't connect all the dots for you in actual verbiage.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:40:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

If you were actually capable of reading between the lines, you would understand that drafting the corner from Iowa would move Bush to safety, leaving no room to sign Woodson. Sorry I didn't connect all the dots for you in actual verbiage.

There is no world where Jarrett Bush (you're a lazy ass who can't type the players first name so I have to assume) makes Charles Woodson expendable, none, zero, absolutely not possible.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:41:52 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

There is no world where Jarrett Bush (you're a lazy ass who can't type the players first name so I have to assume) makes Charles Woodson expendable, none, zero, absolutely not possible.

How many more Bush's do we have? And yes, I am a lazy ass when there is absolutely no money on the line. Wood is going to cover all the punts and kickoffs then, cause that's what backup players do?
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan on 5/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:49:46 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

How many more Bush's do we have? And yes, I am a lazy ass when there is absolutely no money on the line. Wood is going to cover all the punts and kickoffs then, cause that's what backup players do?

No clue, haven't checked the roster, hence why I had to assume. Making the reader assume is awful and disrespectful ... it's like killing kittens with a rusty spoon anally. I now just checked the roster and I can't find "Wood" on there so I have to once again assume this is a trick question, perhaps even rhetorical?

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:12:54 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

No clue, haven't checked the roster, hence why I had to assume. Making the reader assume is awful and disrespectful ... it's like killing kittens with a rusty spoon anally. I now just checked the roster and I can't find "Wood" on there so I have to once again assume this is a trick question, perhaps even rhetorical?

Rolling On The Floor Laughing

I forget about that rapist/rapier wit of yours sometimes.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed