Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:11:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Police: One Boston bombing suspect dead, another on the run
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 6:58:26 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 405
Applause Received: 233

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Police: One Boston bombing suspect dead, another on the run

It now appears that they ARE the obvious category of suspects - Muslim terrorists, although Chechen, not Arab, Afghan, or Pakistani. I am at least damn glad it didn't turn out to be some other variety of terrorist - which would have given comfort and credence to the leftist types who whine about security and pre-emptive actions against such Muslim terrorists.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 7:21:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I would rather it not have happened at all. That's just me though. I value life, even that of those I do not know. I'm weird like that.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Porforis on 4/19/2013(UTC)
#19 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 10:18:16 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Obviously, all of us who are not part of the problem wish it hadn't happened or had been prevented by security. The problem would be compounded, however, if it had turned out to be some other variety of terrorist. Probably nobody has ever helped the Muslim jihadist cause more than Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber. Why? Because that event allowed the God damned leftist mainstream media to harp away on it that whatever other group is just as bad as Muslims, especially anybody with even a hint of conservative views in his soul. Thankfully, it wasn't another McVeigh, but one (or two) of the "usual suspects".

Certainly nobody with a hint of leftist sentiment in their soul would respect a quote from Rush Limbaugh, however, Rush said something pretty significant Tuesday, the day after the bombing - well before we know who or what group did the deed: If it turns out to be a Muslim, the God damned leftists of the media will be falling all over themselves to say it is just some lone wolf, and absolutely NOT representative of the majority viewpoints of Muslims. However, if it turns out to be anybody the leftist media can possibly link to anything remotely perceived to be conservative or anti-government or pro-American or pro-Israeli or whatever, the same assholes of the media will go massively out of their way to claim the bomber IS representative of whatever. They damn well did that with McVeigh when nobody among conservatives praised or defended him.
Offline Porforis  
#20 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 10:22:39 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

What's that? The left will do anything they can to attribute violence from leftists to be an isolated incident and violence from right-wingers to be the norm? Yep, sounds like human nature and typical partisan politics that comes from both sides of the aisle to me.
UserPostedImage
#21 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 10:34:50 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
What's that? The left will do anything they can to attribute violence from leftists to be an isolated incident and violence from right-wingers to be the norm? Yep, sounds like human nature and typical partisan politics that comes from both sides of the aisle to me.

Yeah, more moral equivalence bullshit from you, however, what is undeniable - although I expect some in here will try, is that the attributing to the group mindset really IS true for the one, and most certainly is NOT for the other.

Offline Porforis  
#22 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 11:06:02 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, more moral equivalence bullshit from you, however, what is undeniable - although I expect some in here will try, is that the attributing to the group mindset really IS true for the one, and most certainly is NOT for the other.

Assuming that you're attempting to explain that certain segments of the right don't blame all their problems on the left, while the vast majority of the left blindly ignores everything the left does wrong while blaming everything on the right... Well, why should I bother arguing with you when you do an excellent job of proving yourself wrong?
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 11:32:01 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

I still can't believe this happened, and then the Texas explosion. Terrible.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#24 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 12:31:53 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I still can't believe this happened, and then the Texas explosion. Terrible.

And the ricin letters to Obama and that Senator I'm too lazy to look up at the moment. Regardless of whether the texas explosion was an accident or not, it does seem that every horrible attack lately seems to be inspiring other crazies to wreak their own havoc. It is nice to see such strong public outreach to the victims though - goes a way towards restoring faith in humanity.
UserPostedImage
#25 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 4:14:12 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Assuming that you're attempting to explain that certain segments of the right don't blame all their problems on the left, while the vast majority of the left blindly ignores everything the left does wrong while blaming everything on the right... Well, why should I bother arguing with you when you do an excellent job of proving yourself wrong?

What I am saying, specifically, is this: Stereotyping/profiling/what's that other word I'm thinking of, and making the presumption Muslim perpetrators really are representative of the solid majority view (if not behavior) among Muslims, THAT is justified because it is true in the huge majority of cases - the huge majority of them support and praise the direct doers of terrorist deeds. And the American left? They tend to defend and make excuses for Muslims, and they are in denial of the obvious and often play the race card on those seeing things clearly. I expect you will provide an example of exactly what I'm talking about. So called right wingers - often merely good normal America-loving Americans, are disparaged, unjustly stereotyped, and often portrayed as morally equivalent (sound familiar?) with the true evildoers. And of course, unlike Muslims, the vast majority have no sympathy or support for domestic terrorists, McVeigh-types, etc. So go ahead and identify what your core point of view is by commenting.

Regarding the West, Texas explosion, I haven't heard any suggestion that it was anything other than an accident - even though it happened on the eve of April 18 - the anniversary of the Branch Davidian thing in Waco and also the Oklahoma City bombing.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 4/21/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:40:39 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

captured
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed