You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:58:33 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, good point by Nodak.

However in my current mood, I can't help be reminded of (and to paraphrase others), and with a little bit added .......

Week after week, year after year, decade after decade .....

only the Minnesota Vikings can continually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing, but I will always be a Vikings Fan (may God have mercy on me).

Perhaps to cheer me up I shall become a Cowboys Fan for a week, just to "pee in ZombieSlayer's cheerios" :thumbright:

You will ALWAYS be a Vikings fan?
In that case God will have NO mercy on you. He has TRIED to show you the errors of your ways. HE has pointed you to "the light", yet you choose NOT to partake of the bread of fan life, and CHOOSE to remain in fandom darkness. Go to the light Vikesrule! It's NOT too late to turn from the Viking darkness, to the light of the GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:00:50 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing,

And HERE they ARE!!! :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain1: :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:51:13 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Considering Chilly and the team's positive feedback on T-Jack this offseason/preseason, I was somewhat surprised with this move. What shocked me was "Childress indicated that the switch would not be temporary, and that Frerotte is now the starter for the Vikings."

Here's a few questions I have, then. How long WILL T-Jack be ridin' the pine? Will the playcalling improve? Will the execution improve? Obviously, those questions will be answered in the following weeks.

One thing's for sure.. We'll definitely find out what the Vikings offense's problems are, it being either the QB play or the playcalling. Maybe even the O-Line factor will make an appearance.

I'll say this; I'm excited to see who the REAL culprit of the Vikings offensive woes is.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:54:44 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,779

I think to find the real culprit you need to look no further than the sidelines. I think the Vikings have the worst BEST team in the NFL. Loads of talent and a HC that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. That's just my opinion.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Formo  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:59:57 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I think to find the real culprit you need to look no further than the sidelines. I think the Vikings have the worst BEST team in the NFL. Loads of talent and a HC that doesn't know what the hell he's doing. That's just my opinion.

Ya'know.. I've supported Chilly and T-Jack as much as I've supported Denny and Moss in '98. With a few exceptions -=cough=-McKinney-=cough=- anyone wearing Purple I support.

I've stated many times, from when they first donned the beautiful Viking horns all the way through the past rough 2+ seasons, that I wasn't going to jump off their 'support wagon' until this season. I'll give 'em both until week 4 or 5 before I stop placing hope in them, and stop defending them.

And from the looks of it, you may be right.. Although I'm not fully ready to stake that as my claim.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline vikesrule  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:43:53 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Forgive me for this most blasphemous and heinous of comments, but......ah.......dang it.......uh....

"I agree with Zero2Cool."

Arrrrgh, I feel so dirty!

&lt;goes for a thorough decontamination and a long hot shower&gt;
Offline Cheesey  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:29:00 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Forgive me for this most blasphemous and heinous of comments, but......ah.......dang it.......uh....

If you are thinkinjg about Zero...........a COLD shower will work better for you!!!LOLOLOL!!! :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:34:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

If you are thinkinjg about Zero...........a COLD shower will work better for you!!!LOLOLOL!!! :thumbright:

SICK!!! :xcensoredx:

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:40:36 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

http://thevikingage.com/...9/16/another-conspiracy/ &lt;-- viking fans will like that link

UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:44:25 AM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

the only thing i can say is they may have put gus in over jackson,but i dont think that will change much of anything for them,they have such good talent being wasted because they dont have a coach ap is a beast dont know about the w.r have they gotten a t.d yet :icon_smile:
blank
Offline bigfog  
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:53:19 AM(UTC)
bigfog

Well, "Gut Rot" gives them a much better offense. Childress won't have to limit the playbook now.

This move makes the Vikings a better team.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline NodakPaul  
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:30:59 AM(UTC)
NodakPaul

Well crap.

Sorry I have been off the boards... I had fires of my own to put out in purple land... :)

Gus might not be the answer, but at least it is a change. The TJack experiment is a failure, and Childress is along with it because of a lack of a dependable back up plan.

I think we will do better with Gus, but not as good as we could if we had a decent QB under center. You guys interested in trading Rodgers? ;)

Don't count us out yet, there is still a LOT of football left to be played. But the hill just got steeper for the Vikings.
"There's the snap, Rodgers with a quick drop - in trouble! AND SACKED BY ALLEN! The ball is lose, the ball is lose, and recovered by Kevin Williams! And that's the ball game! Childress and the Vikings FINALLY beat the Packers!"
--
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:36:23 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 351
Applause Received: 930

Don't count us out yet, there is still a LOT of football left to be played. But the hill just got steeper for the Vikings.

Oh I agree it is not over by an stretch of the imagination.. but unless that oline steps it up another notch, I don't think Gus will be able to buy time with his legs.

And is there any more to why Chilly named Gus the starter for the remainder of the season?

It must be trying times being a faithful Viking fan on the PPO these last 2 weeks.. good luck this weekend.. Take the Cats down from the unbeaten.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:57:59 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Thanks, good point by Nodak.

However in my current mood, I can't help be reminded of (and to paraphrase others), and with a little bit added .......

Week after week, year after year, decade after decade .....

only the Minnesota Vikings can continually snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh, I'll be better soon. There might be cracks appearing, but I will always be a Vikings Fan (may God have mercy on me).

Perhaps to cheer me up I shall become a Cowboys Fan for a week, just to "pee in ZombieSlayer's cheerios" :thumbright:

That would be worse than just peeing in my cheerios. That would be like taking a dump in it, mixing it around, and switching the box with a Chocolate Cherrios box so I actually take a bite.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline djcubez  
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:04:54 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Maybe Culpepper will un-retire.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here