Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DGB454  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:27:57 PM(UTC)
DGB454

United States

Applause Given: 15
Applause Received: 7

WE ARE.

Go Pack GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsor
Offline Packerchick  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:43:20 PM(UTC)
Packerchick

Applause Given2: 601
Applause Received: 27

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
WE ARE.

Go Pack GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right. A beautiful day in Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. :icon_smile:
I am a woman and I love football.
Offline walleye  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 6:06:43 PM(UTC)
walleye

WE ARE.

Go Pack GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats right. A beautiful day in Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood. :icon_smile:

Yes it is a :xcensoredx: beautiful day in Mr. Rodgers Neiehborhood!!!! :thumbleft: :thumbright:
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline Cheesey  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 6:33:08 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

I was scared for awhile....but our guys woke up and gave the Kitties a beat down!
UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:58:40 AM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Somebody once said, passing teams score TD's and running teams score field goals. That's what I keep thinking when I watch the Vikings this season. In spite of having the best RB in the league, their offense really doesn't have an identity.
blank
Offline 4PackGirl  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 9:23:43 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

Somebody once said, passing teams score TD's and running teams score field goals. That's what I keep thinking when I watch the Vikings this season. In spite of having the best RB in the league, their offense really doesn't have an identity.

this is exactly what i told my fiance last nite (he's a queens fan - gag) when we were looking at the vikes stats. ap can only get them so far but they have to be able to sell the pass & thus far...not so much!
UserPostedImage
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#7 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 11:29:44 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 137
Applause Received: 104

I watched the Vikings/Colts match yesterday as the Green Bay game was not available in my area and it was actually pretty sad watching the Queens. They played so well in all parts of the game other than QB. The weird thing was the commentators were getting on the Minny fans for booing Tavaris Jackson. I think the fans were well within their rights to be upset. AP works his butt off, but if you can't make some key passes you just can't put up the points needed to bury your opponent. Indy had no business being in that game, but you can always count on Peyton to make a key throw and score big points.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline gbpfan  
#8 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:11:52 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

ap needs help on the o-line and doesnt have it with his q.b
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:17:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

this is exactly what i told my fiance last nite (he's a queens fan - gag) when we were looking at the vikes stats. ap can only get them so far but they have to be able to sell the pass & thus far...not so much!

You're marrying a Vikings fan? I hope you don't mind seeing a man cry because you'll be seeing a lot of it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline 4PackGirl  
#10 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:49:53 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

You're marrying a Vikings fan? I hope you don't mind seeing a man cry because you'll be seeing a lot of it.

no sh*te!!! :sign5:
UserPostedImage
Offline Packers_Finland  
#11 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 2:57:23 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 45

AP's O-Line is good enough, Hutchinson is one of the top run-blockers in the league. But opponents predict run because Tarvaris sucks.
This is a placeholder
Offline Formo  
#12 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 6:55:46 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I watched the Vikings/Colts match yesterday as the Green Bay game was not available in my area and it was actually pretty sad watching the Queens. They played so well in all parts of the game other than QB. The weird thing was the commentators were getting on the Minny fans for booing Tavaris Jackson. I think the fans were well within their rights to be upset. AP works his butt off, but if you can't make some key passes you just can't put up the points needed to bury your opponent. Indy had no business being in that game, but you can always count on Peyton to make a key throw and score big points.

From what I gathered yesterday, the fans were booing more of the playcalling than T-Jack. No doubt some of them were booing Jackson.. but just saying. I know this because I was there.

Yes, the fans have the right to boo, but it doesn't help anything, so I almost never do it. And I didn't yesterday. It's too soon to be calling for peoples jobs. 2-3 more games, though.. And I may be singin' a different tune.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 9:29:44 AM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 137
Applause Received: 104

From what I gathered yesterday, the fans were booing more of the playcalling than T-Jack. No doubt some of them were booing Jackson.. but just saying. I know this because I was there.

Yes, the fans have the right to boo, but it doesn't help anything, so I almost never do it. And I didn't yesterday. It's too soon to be calling for peoples jobs. 2-3 more games, though.. And I may be singin' a different tune.

And why would they be booing a pass thrown on third down? They were booing because T-Jack couldn't make the throws to get them the first down.

I think fans booing may have an impact. I do think that Minny is an above average QB away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. They'll be lucky to get a sniff at a playoff spot if Jackson cannot make throws at key times. I hate to say this but I will, I say they make a play for Garcia if he is shipped out of Tampa. It only makes sense to me.
"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
Offline Formo  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:09:31 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

And why would they be booing a pass thrown on third down? They were booing because T-Jack couldn't make the throws to get them the first down.

I think fans booing may have an impact. I do think that Minny is an above average QB away from being a legitimate Super Bowl contender. They'll be lucky to get a sniff at a playoff spot if Jackson cannot make throws at key times. I hate to say this but I will, I say they make a play for Garcia if he is shipped out of Tampa. It only makes sense to me.

Did we see where that pass was thrown to on 3rd down? To the RB, at the freakin' line of scrimmage, that's where.

And that's why the fans were booing. Horsecrap calls.

I'm not saying T-Jack should be and is immune to the boos. But, I'm telling you as a friend, the majority of the fans were pissed as Chilly. Because of the playcall. Not saying Chilly calls those plays... but fans still love to blame him anyway.

As far as Garcia is concerned.. He MAY be a decent short-term fix. He also would have to learn the terminology and such of the 'KAO'.

I wouldn't be upset if they made a move to get him, though.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!