Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages«<56789>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#91 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:45:29 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of the facts. NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC News edited version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good ... he looks black."

Actual version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 handler: "OK, and this guy -- is he black, white or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black,"


This was AUDIO that was edited, not just some copy/paste flip up ...


Sensationalism... annoying! Why can't we just get the known facts and ... god forbid ... use our OWN minds to come with our own opinions instead of always being steered one way or another.


That fact was the main reason I jumped on the masses for wanting Zimmerman executed. This got turned into a huge race issue when it shouldn't have.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#92 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:20:48 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
That fact was the main reason I jumped on the masses for wanting Zimmerman executed. This got turned into a huge race issue when it shouldn't have.


Yep, always tons of clowns (Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, whomever) eager to jump on the race card tossing. I avoided that aspect altogether cuz I prefer to live in my own little land that we're better people than being prejudice over something as petty as tone of skin color. Sadly, it does exist.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#93 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:48:37 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of the facts. NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC News edited version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good ... he looks black."

Actual version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 handler: "OK, and this guy -- is he black, white or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black,"


This was AUDIO that was edited, not just some copy/paste flip up ...


Sensationalism... annoying! Why can't we just get the known facts and ... god forbid ... use our OWN minds to come with our own opinions instead of always being steered one way or another.


Wow.....and some people think the "main stream media" doesn't have an agenda.
It's kind of funny....some people think it was "racism" that kept Zimmerman from being charged in the first place. But really, if it was, wouldn't true racists want Zimmerman procecuted? For them it would be a "win win" situation. A young black man killed by a latino.

Sadly, i have to admit that racism in the U.S.A. is alive and probably always will be.
No one should be judged just on their race. NO ONE.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#94 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:56:42 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

911 Call wrote:
Dispatcher: How old would you say he looks?
Zimmerman: He's got button on his shirt, late teens.


Zimmerman today at bond trial wrote:
I wanted to say I am sorry for the loss of your son, I thought he was a little bit younger than I was, and I did not know if he was armed or not.



This kind of nitpicking is going to run rampant through this trial.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#95 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 11:17:26 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 353

Just saw this on "Yahoo".
Supposed to be a pic of the back of Zimmerman's head right after the incident.
http://abcnews.go.com/im...head_dm_120419_wmain.jpg
Looks like he WAS getting beat up.
Hopefully this isn't another "photo shop" or something like that.
Who knows, with all the so called "truth" coming out of the media.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#96 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 11:32:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Seen that too. Why is that coming out now? I had said earlier that I thought police took pictures of such things, especially during a potential murder. So, is this from the police? If so, why is it not released until now? Is this more slanting of the story like NBC did with the 911 audio?
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#97 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 3:04:07 PM(UTC)
porky88

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Joined: 4/26/2007(UTC)

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 348

Why is everyone politicizing this story? Seriously, Fox and MSNBC care about ratings and that‘s it. They don’t care about Zimmerman. They don’t care about a 17-year old young man. Talking about racism or reverse racism generates interest in the story, which results in higher ratings for Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow. Unfortunately, idiots buy the load of crap they hear from them. You can blame the coverage, but if it equates to higher ratings, then perhaps you should blame yourself. I'm just sayin.

Frankly, Zimmerman admits to the shooting and an arrest should‘ve been made. It damn sure took too long, in my opinion. However, Zimmerman also deserves a chance to defend himself, which people seem to be forgetting about. Whatever happened to the right to a fair trial?

Whether the kid was 17 or 24 doesn’t change the fact that he could probably hurt somebody. He wasn’t a boy or baby. He was a 17-year old capable of inflicting harm. Did he do that? I don’t know, though the picture suggests there was a tussle. Did Zimmerman racially provoke the kid? I don’t know. There’s a process, though, and it deserves to play out.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#98 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 3:13:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

That's why I don't watch the news. And after what NBC did, I feel even better about avoiding the news.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#99 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 4:57:07 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

http://www.cnn.com/2012/...ils/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Whole article is worth a read. Regardless, Zimmerman's life is pretty much over regardless of what actually went down. He's been convicted by a substantial portion of the public and he's guaranteed to have a near impossible time finding employment, probably get death threats for years to come and be harassed in public.

Quote:
Zimmerman's wife depicted him as a man she has never seen angry. His father said he was a truthful man who had long been concerned with helping others. And his mother said he had organized a campaign to "get justice" for a homeless man who had been beaten in Sanford, as well as mentoring a 14-year-old African-American boy from a dangerous Orlando neighborhood.

...

She said he has been a mentoring the 14-year-old for three years even though the program he had joined shut down after only nine months because of the economy.

She said she begged him not to go because of the danger.

"He said, 'Mom, if I don't go, they don't have nobody,'" Gladys Zimmerman said.

She said her son also participated in a 2010 campaign to "get justice" for an African-American homeless man who was seen in a videotape taken by an onlooker being struck by a man who later turned out to be the son of a Sanford police lieutenant.


Before anybody brings it up, I'm not taking more stock in this article and his family than any of the articles painting him as a racist, just wanted to point out more stark contrast and uncertainty.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#100 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 7:51:13 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Seen that too. Why is that coming out now? I had said earlier that I thought police took pictures of such things, especially during a potential murder. So, is this from the police? If so, why is it not released until now? Is this more slanting of the story like NBC did with the 911 audio?


Because now is the trial. Until then, the media shouldn't have access to evidence.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Porforis  
#101 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 10:04:15 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Because now is the trial. Until then, the media shouldn't have access to evidence.


Apart from the footage when they were bringing him into the police station, 911 recording, every witness in the universe going public...The cat's already out of the bag, and it shit all over the carpet. Might as well spray some febreeze.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#102 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:35:13 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 353

People are murdered in every major city every day.
Don't they deserve the 24/7 CNN, NBC, ABC coverage just as much?
Where's the uproar over every other murder?
(Or the thousands of TRUELY innocent unborn children murdered in this country every year in abortion clinics?)
Sorry if i upset anyone with that comment. It's just the way i feel.
More people will march to "save the whales" or the "rainforest" then children still in the womb.
Something's just not right about that.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#103 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:44:23 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
People are murdered in every major city every day.
Don't they deserve the 24/7 CNN, NBC, ABC coverage just as much?
Where's the uproar over every other murder?
(Or the thousands of TRUELY innocent unborn children murdered in this country every year in abortion clinics?)
Sorry if i upset anyone with that comment. It's just the way i feel.
More people will march to "save the whales" or the "rainforest" then children still in the womb.
Something's just not right about that.


Right, so because attention is not brought out on every murder, we should pretend none exist? Sorry, that's wrong. Flip on the local news, it's mentioned, I know because it's why I stopped watching!

The media is stupid, but guess what, if we didn't click the articles or pay attention to what they say, they wouldn't say it. I hate it as much as the next person, but shit, I'm guilty of it from time to time when I have nothing better to do while killing time waiting for a tele-conference meeting to conclude.

I absolutely HATE it when people say 'why the attention to this, but not the other similar' because it's foolish. You bring attention to any unjust act and HOPE it can be used as a catalyst to prevent similar unjust acts! Same thing I said about the Kony whatever thing.


As for the abortion comment, please, they have loads of people picketing against abortion and for abortion. That gets plenty attention, and in my personal experience of seeing the grotesque signs while driving... too much attention. Same goes to those inconsiderate pricks who show bloody animals to kids as they are leaving the circus.

Wheres the uproar... there is your damn uproar! (like a kittens meow!!) :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#104 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:53:35 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 353

No, i'm NOT saying they shouldn't report this particular killing.
Just that it's every day. It's not "reporting" anymore. It's just trying to get points now.

As far as the "grotesque" abortion signs. I guess ignorance is bliss.
Most people don't want to see the TRUTH of what happens in an abortion. Give it a nice name, and pretend it's just getting rid of an unwanted "growth" An "annoyance".

Maybe if more people saw the "grotesque" pictures they wouldn't be so quick to say it's acceptable to do.

Reality has a way of messing up what you would rather believe, hey?
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#105 Posted : Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:58:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
No, i'm NOT saying they shouldn't report this particular killing.
Just that it's every day. It's not "reporting" anymore. It's just trying to get points now.

As far as the "grotesque" abortion signs. I guess ignorance is bliss.
Most people don't want to see the TRUTH of what happens in an abortion. Give it a nice name, and pretend it's just getting rid of an unwanted "growth" An "annoyance".

Maybe if more people saw the "grotesque" pictures they wouldn't be so quick to say it's acceptable to do.

Reality has a way of messing up what you would rather believe, hey?


I don't agree with abortion at all, but their methods are idiotic and wrong. Holding 5x5 billboards on the street is not the right way to get the TRUTH out.

When I was teenager and my girlfriend got pregnant, we thought three options. Abortion, Adoption, Keep. We eliminated abortion immediately after researching it as we felt the child deserved a CHANCE. We figured, if we can't raise this child, let a family whom is not blessed with the miracle of child birth.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
11 Pages«<56789>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
59m / Around The NFL / OlHoss1884

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / GermanGilbert

1h / Around The NFL / Cheesey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

2h / Random Babble / Cheesey

2h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / QCHuskerFan

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

28-Aug / Random Babble / Wade


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.