Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages«<45678>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:36:17 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

The more I read, the more I am convinced the media is blowing the accurate coverage of this; running with each and every angle of the story without any regard to the accuracy of said report.

Here I thought that was exclusive to the sports "journalists".

Either way.. there are a couple of unanswered questions that remain, but I am trying my best to wait until they get presented under a court of law and one can read the transcript of the events without the media spin cycle applied.

That said.. everyone is entitled to their opinion on the topic.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dingus  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:42:39 PM(UTC)
dingus

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 17
Applause Received: 25

Martin couldn't claim self defense because he was dead. Zimmerman did claim self defense after following/stalking and scaring a 17 year old boy. Martins GF was having a conversation with him on the phone and she said he expressed fear, I'll find the article.

As far as Trayvons past, he was suspended from school for having some weed shake in the lining of his backpack, and I hadn't heard about him punching a bus driver but he's not some recidivist (gotta love Raising Arizona!) who struck fear into the general public. I'm sure he was no angel, probably a typical blowhard pseudo gangster, but in the end he's dead and this full grown man Zimmerman, who was specifically told by the 911 operator to mind his own business, ended his life. And walked away.
blank
Offline Porforis  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 2:59:00 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
The more I read, the more I am convinced the media is blowing the accurate coverage of this; running with each and every angle of the story without any regard to the accuracy of said report.

Here I thought that was exclusive to the sports "journalists".


You don't read the news much, do you? Back in the day you made money by getting advertisers. You got advertisers by being relatively balanced and getting as many readers as possible. In the internet age, you get the most hits (and thus ad revenue) by posting something controversial that will stir the post and make people angry. Angry people share links more, and post more in the comments section. This isn't a liberal, conservative issue... This is the media overall.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 3:19:23 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
You don't read the news much, do you? Back in the day you made money by getting advertisers. You got advertisers by being relatively balanced and getting as many readers as possible. In the internet age, you get the most hits (and thus ad revenue) by posting something controversial that will stir the post and make people angry. Angry people share links more, and post more in the comments section. This isn't a liberal, conservative issue... This is the media overall.


LOL.. been in the IT business for over twenty years, damn never knew that website hits generated profits, thanks much for the tip. Sarcasm

My point is, if you are going to regard yourself as a fact driven journalist or company, then do your homework and provide researched facts over an angle to draw hits. If that is what you are after, then announce yourself as a "paid" blogger feeding rumors over facts. If I wanted drama and rumor, I would read TMZ.

If I hit a site like CNN, ABC, CBS I want the authors to present validated facts or if they are going to report the "latest" gossip, disclose it as such. Don't present me a timeline or accounts based on poorly researched or single unnamed sources as fact, it will be the quickest way for me to drop them as an regular read.

And Yes I know it is common, but honestly, I think it one of the greatest downfalls of this nonstop media driven age, being first or providing a slant to generate hit verses reporting the news as is without fiction.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Porforis on 4/3/2012(UTC), Formo on 4/3/2012(UTC), Wade on 4/19/2012(UTC)
Online dfosterf  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:07:31 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 403

Let's all allow the nation to come to a complete friggin' halt while we wring our collective hands over the circumstances surrounding the death of this individual.

Pavlovian- f*cking - dogs.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



thanks Post received 3 applause.
zombieslayer on 4/3/2012(UTC), yooperfan on 4/3/2012(UTC), Formo on 4/3/2012(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:37:22 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
We do agree on quite a bit about this, yet you say you stopped reading me "bruh"?

Whatever the kid or adult it previously, I don't think holds weight to what happened that night.

A few questions.

When the dispatcher told the adult it was not necessary for him to follow the kid, was he in his vehicle or on foot? I think this matters quite heavily. If on foot going back to his vehicle and the kid jumps him, then yes, I would have to say shooting him was self defense and he'd have a right to claim as such. If he was still in his vehicle and got out after being advised not to, in my opinion, he loses the right of self defense because as I've said before, he becomes the aggressor.

I read a few times, the scuffle took place on grass and some say concrete. Yet, the yellow tape blocked off was only around grass? Does this mean anything?

Why didn't the police take pictures of the wounds right away? I know this is common practice for Green Bay, WI police officers as I've witnessed it myself. They get cataloged in the case file.



I think I enjoyed the Brett Favre debates more ...


Did we even have Favre debates? lol I don't recall if we did.

That said, I can say that in St. Louis Park, MN it is NOT police protocol to take photos of wounds from personal experience.

Your first question is a good one and I would agree. I don't think there is any conclusive evidence that answers it unfortunately.

The grass/concrete question is another good one.. I haven't seen any pictures of the scene, so I don't know of any yellow tape areas.. But certainly if there's a scuffle it very well could have happened all over the place (rolling around, etc).
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2012 6:39:46 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: dingus Go to Quoted Post
Martin couldn't claim self defense because he was dead. Zimmerman did claim self defense after following/stalking and scaring a 17 year old boy. Martins GF was having a conversation with him on the phone and she said he expressed fear, I'll find the article.

As far as Trayvons past, he was suspended from school for having some weed shake in the lining of his backpack, and I hadn't heard about him punching a bus driver but he's not some recidivist (gotta love Raising Arizona!) who struck fear into the general public. I'm sure he was no angel, probably a typical blowhard pseudo gangster, but in the end he's dead and this full grown man Zimmerman, who was specifically told by the 911 operator to mind his own business, ended his life. And walked away.


I guess I'm missing the point of this post.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#83 Posted : Wednesday, April 4, 2012 12:26:11 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 172
Applause Received: 375

Dingus, beleiev me, i know more about racism then you think.
"Reverse discrimination" has hit me my entire life.
Yes, minorities were treated bad in this country in the past. And the country has gone overboard the other way to somehow make up for it.

Let me ask a question (to everyone) on here.
What if Zimmerman was YOUR brother, or close friend? Would you want the "rush to judgement" that you have seen all over the networks?
They arn't "newscasts" anymore. They are all about getting people to watch. The more "sensational" the more viewers they get. There is no "journalism" anymore. GET THE SCOOP! and worry about if there is any truth to it LATER.

I just hope i (or any of my loved ones) are never put into a situation like this, where you have the entire country wanting to string you up, without anyone "bothering" to waste time with the facts.

As i have stated over and over, i don't truly know what happned. NO ONE on this site truely knows what happened.

As far as OJ Simpson, i saw alot of the trial on TV. And from that, i based my opinion on his guilt.
I would NOT however, have jailed him based on what i saw on TV. I would have to have been in the courtroom for the entire trial to come to a "guilty" or "not guilty" verdict. As i said, it's m ONLY my opinion based on what i saw, which is alot more then i have seen on the Zimmerman case.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 9:39:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,093

George Zimmerman was arrested and charged with second degree murder.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#85 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 3:59:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,093

http://www.cnn.com/2012/...teen-shooting/index.html

According to this, the adult was told he was not need to follow the kid, yet continued following him anyways. I hadn't heard it said absolutely before this. A good point was made too about the stand your ground law ... -- Florida Rep. Dennis Baxley, who sponsored the "stand your ground" law in 2005, said nothing in it allows people to "pursue and confront."--

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#86 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:05:26 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Did we even have Favre debates? lol I don't recall if we did.



Funny. I don't remember if it was on this site or the one that should not be named. It was 2007. Some of us wanted Randy Moss by any means necessary and there were pretty much two sides to the argument Favre vs Ted Thompson.

So this was pre-2009 Favre on the Vikings.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#87 Posted : Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:19:05 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,093

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Funny. I don't remember if it was on this site or the one that should not be named. It was 2007. Some of us wanted Randy Moss by any means necessary and there were pretty much two sides to the argument Favre vs Ted Thompson.

So this was pre-2009 Favre on the Vikings.


I don't believe anyone knew how badly Brett Favre wanted Randy Moss and it was solely speculation. It would have been the other site that had held that debate as the traffic built large here August 2008. :-) (actually, the exact day that Brett Favre was traded to the New York Jets if you want to know an exact date.)
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#88 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:17:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,093

Jorge Rodriguez, Zimmerman’s next-door neighbor, has come forward saying that Zimmerman had “two big, butterfly bandages on the back of his head, and another big bandage...on the bridge of his nose” the day after the shooting.

Rodriguez’s wife Audria also claims to have seen the bandages, and a third neighbor, who chose to remain anonymous said "I saw two bandages on the back of his head, and his nose was all swollen up."


I wonder how many folks are going to say he went to the store and bought the bandages and put them on for "show" ...
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#89 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:35:46 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 675

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
LOL.. been in the IT business for over twenty years, damn never knew that website hits generated profits, thanks much for the tip. Sarcasm

My point is, if you are going to regard yourself as a fact driven journalist or company, then do your homework and provide researched facts over an angle to draw hits. If that is what you are after, then announce yourself as a "paid" blogger feeding rumors over facts. If I wanted drama and rumor, I would read TMZ.

If I hit a site like CNN, ABC, CBS I want the authors to present validated facts or if they are going to report the "latest" gossip, disclose it as such. Don't present me a timeline or accounts based on poorly researched or single unnamed sources as fact, it will be the quickest way for me to drop them as an regular read.

And Yes I know it is common, but honestly, I think it one of the greatest downfalls of this nonstop media driven age, being first or providing a slant to generate hit verses reporting the news as is without fiction.


Jeez, and people call me a dreamer. Big Grin

I can't remember the last time I watched "news" on TV. 9/11 maybe?
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#90 Posted : Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:46:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,894
Applause Received: 2,093

Speaking of the facts. NBC fires producer over edited Zimmerman 911 call.

NBC News edited version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good ... he looks black."

Actual version. Zimmerman: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. Or he's on drugs or something. It's raining, and he's just walking around, looking about."

The 911 handler: "OK, and this guy -- is he black, white or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black,"


This was AUDIO that was edited, not just some copy/paste flip up ...


Sensationalism... annoying! Why can't we just get the known facts and ... god forbid ... use our OWN minds to come with our own opinions instead of always being steered one way or another.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Formo on 4/19/2012(UTC), Since69 on 4/19/2012(UTC)
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
11 Pages«<45678>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.299 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
13m / Random Babble / wpr

14m / Random Babble / wpr

32m / Around The NFL / Cheesey

40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / pkrjones

42m / Random Babble / Cheesey

48m / Super Bowl Talk / wpr

53m / Random Babble / wpr

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / hardrocker950

5h / Random Babble / wpr

5h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Smokey

6h / Welcome to our Community! / Smokey


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.