Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
12 Pages«<89101112>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#136 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2011 10:11:36 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

I don't think Playmobil's making the toy anymore. At least, it's listed as "out of stock."
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#137 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2011 10:31:42 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Ask someone who trusts government why it is that governments have been responsible for the deaths of more people in the 20th and 21st centuries than have died previously in the entirety of human history and watch them squirm.

25 million soldiers killed in WWI & WWII combined.

Lenin (European communist) killed 4 million people.

Stalin (European communist) killed between 19 million and 27 million people. His purges were responsible for a lot of the deaths but also he ordered starvation of Ukrainians which resulted in millions of death and a lot of cases of cannibalism.

Mao (Asian communist) - anywhere from 30 million to 55 million killed. During the Cultural Revolution, enemies of the state were often killed and eaten. Yes, look it up.

Hitler (European fascist) killed 12 million.

Ottoman Empire (Europe & Asia) killed between 1 and 2 million Armenians.

I can go on and on but I'm getting sick of typing so I'll omit Bosnia, Ethiopia, the Philippines, etc. Morale of the story, war sucks, but governments kill more people than even war.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline istanbulpacker  
#138 Posted : Saturday, January 1, 2011 10:43:37 PM(UTC)
istanbulpacker

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 7

I don't think Playmobil's making the toy anymore. At least, it's listed as "out of stock."

I didn't even look at that. Judging by the prices for the "collectibles", I would have been right on. Damn the luck. Yet another missed opportunity.

....another thing I noticed. Most people, after viewing that page for a playmobil security check point toy bought.....Kindles??!!
blank
Online Wade  
#139 Posted : Sunday, January 2, 2011 1:20:52 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

I didn't even look at that. Judging by the prices for the "collectibles", I would have been right on. Damn the luck. Yet another missed opportunity.

....another thing I noticed. Most people, after viewing that page for a playmobil security check point toy bought.....Kindles??!!

Well, maybe they'll use the Kindle to read books on 20th century history. :)
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#140 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 5:34:21 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

[youtube]TEeRD26hDDw[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Offline djcubez  
#141 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:25:43 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

A high-ranking source inside the TSA has revealed that a gun went undetected through an airport body scanner.

Mythbusters Adam Savage Tears Into Body Scanners.

Quote:
"It's certainly possible that one day an Islamic terrorist is going to kill a lot of people in America again. But it's almost certain they will do it somewhere other than a passenger airplane. If it's in a shopping center, will they then make us all go through scanners at the mall if we want to buy a pair of shoes? If they blow up an office building will every worker in America be subject to frisking?"

"That's why this is security theater. We are chasing phantoms by pretending that if we stop people from carrying a bottle of shampoo on an airplane that we are safe. If you are so scared of terrorism that you're willing to throw logic out the window and subject yourself to ever more irrational safety procedures for no good reason, you'd better think twice about ever leaving your house. That, of course, is exactly the point of terrorism. And authoritarian police states."
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline Formo  
#142 Posted : Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:18:07 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

A high-ranking source inside the TSA has revealed that a gun went undetected through an airport body scanner.

Mythbusters Adam Savage Tears Into Body Scanners.

Quote:
"It's certainly possible that one day an Islamic terrorist is going to kill a lot of people in America again. But it's almost certain they will do it somewhere other than a passenger airplane. If it's in a shopping center, will they then make us all go through scanners at the mall if we want to buy a pair of shoes? If they blow up an office building will every worker in America be subject to frisking?"

"That's why this is security theater. We are chasing phantoms by pretending that if we stop people from carrying a bottle of shampoo on an airplane that we are safe. If you are so scared of terrorism that you're willing to throw logic out the window and subject yourself to ever more irrational safety procedures for no good reason, you'd better think twice about ever leaving your house. That, of course, is exactly the point of terrorism. And authoritarian police states."

Ya'know.. I love Savage on his show. I've always had a feeling, though, that I probably disagree with almost all political and social issues. But he nailed this one right on the head.

A-effin'-MEN!
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline vegOmatic  
#143 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 1:37:46 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

My girlfriend has an uncle who is a TSA screener.

All the crap you hear in the news is way overblown from actual procedures and policy.
blank
Offline djcubez  
#144 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 5:45:57 PM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

All the crap you hear in the news is way overblown from actual procedures and policy.

That doesn't mean the basic procedures and violation of our rights isn't wrong in the first place.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Online Wade  
#145 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:16:53 PM(UTC)
Wade

That doesn't mean the basic procedures and violation of our rights isn't wrong in the first place.

Indeed.

And millions of unreasonable searches and seizures every day are still millions of unreasonable searches and seizures every day.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline vegOmatic  
#146 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:52:03 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

Come up with a procedure that satisfies all parties or don't fly.

Complaining without offering a solution accomplishes nothing.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#147 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:51:51 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

OK, how's this? Get rid of the TSA entirely. Save us taxpayers money (it's not just about flying, the government has become too freaking big and it's bankrupting us. Do you have any idea how much we're paying on INTEREST on debt alone?)

Then turn it back over to the airports, as it was before. Studies have already shown the TSA accomplishes nothing other than wasting traveling time and taxpayer money.

Americans have no idea how bad the situation with the deficit is. If I were in power, the first thing I'd do is to start cutting agencies and the TSA would be numero uno on my chopping block.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online Wade  
#148 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 8:36:03 PM(UTC)
Wade

"Rights" are not things that are defined by "satisfying all parties."
Offline Pack93z  
#149 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 1:30:03 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,018

Again.. tell me how flying on airlines are a right?

It is a method of transportation that is regulated like any other method of transportation.. just like licensing your car or paying a toll.. it is aspect of the regulations of flying and an attempt at keeping those travels safe.

Now it is completely debatable if the measures offer much protection in reality.. but I don't see how it is infringing upon your rights when you purchase a ticket to travel upon any of the airlines that fly into regulated airspace.

Now we have someplace in this thread talked about why they are regulated.. the history behind it. That there is debatable as well.

But the teeth of this rights argument in my mind are lost when you agree (purchase) an agreement to fly from point A to point B.

An trust me.. I personally have it rougher than the average person when it comes to security checkpoints at the airport.

And I despise it just like anyone else.. but I happen to believe that this mode of travel is more delicate than other methods of travel and has the ability to do more damage both to those upon the craft and those on the ground than any other method of travel.

And I believe that it should have some measures of additional security to it.. however I do believe some measure currently are overboard.

But I fail to see how it infringes upon a right when you agree to those measures when you decide to purchase a ticket.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#150 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 8:27:05 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

I think it becomes a right when you make a purchase. Granted purchasing a ticket doesn't guarantee you a spot on the plane (even though 99.99% you get the spot).

But I think that's just semantics. My problem is the masses of sheeple that bend over and let the government shove it where the sun don't shine. Honestly, I'm glad I don't have to travel all the time. And when it comes down to when/if I ever have to, I think I'll just work on getting a pilot's license and fly myself where I need/want to go.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Rss Feed