Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#46 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:27:54 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

The thought of thermonuking England just made me laugh my f*cking ass off. I don't know what is so freaking hilarious about it, but for some reason, I have less problem with that than I do with the idea of nuking Iraq.

Call me warped.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#47 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:38:28 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
The thought of thermonuking England just made me laugh my f*cking ass off. I don't know what is so freaking hilarious about it, but for some reason, I have less problem with that than I do with the idea of nuking Iraq.

Call me warped.

Eh.

I'm kinda with you. No warpage here. =)
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#48 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:44:47 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

And now we have just succeeded in alienating our entire English contingent on this forum. :violent3:
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#49 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:47:48 PM(UTC)
Formo

And now we have just succeeded in alienating our entire English contingent on this forum. :violent3:

Oh, crap. =(

lol
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 1:31:52 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

I have taken in the pluses and the minuses of nuking various countries, but upon reflection have realized that I was way off. Lombardi's article in NFP made me come to my senses. (See Rodgers MVP thread). Been barkin' up the wrong tree. I have always enjoyed watching the House of Commons questions for the PM (Especially when Tony Blair was running the show- I miss him, btw) and would definitely miss that if we vaporized their country.

I'm going to plan B. This is kind of dicey, and the weather will have to be just right, especially the prevailing winds must be closely monitored...

The Lombardi reference? He stated that there will be a civil war between Minnesota and Wisconsin when Favre reports to the Vikes, went further regarding brats and Minnesota beer, etc.

Nuke Minnesota.

Now there is a place that we can all agree deserves some retaliation of some sort, and I say why not just cut to the chase and be done with it?

I think I would wait until the wind is blowing from the south to the north, and am not sure how often that particular pattern develops.

I'd go ahead and warn them that we were about to nuke 'em, as I am a nice guy and wouldn't actually want to get anyone hurt, after all, they are our fellow countrymen/women and stuff, plus I have developed a fondness for some of their citizenry.

GZ the Metrodome, and make it a neutron bomb so they can't get a new stadium out of the deal. . Gotta watch that wind..Like I said this one is gonna be dicey!

Sorry. Havin' a bit of fun.

Back to schedule subject of thread.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline vegOmatic  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:37:39 PM(UTC)
vegOmatic

Applause Received: 3

3,500 deaths in this war compared to deaths of other wars or circumstances may seem small, but this war was unnecessary and wrong, and 1 death for an unjust war is too many.

* Edited due to personal attack not needed... Pack93z
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#52 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:38:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,911
Applause Received: 2,117

Haven't read many posts here, but in case it's off topic ...

I'm thankful for my freedom. I hope those who have it, are as well.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#53 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:30:20 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 177
Applause Received: 396

I know i sure am!
I watched "John Gillespie's water and woods" today, and they had a specail fishing show with verterans that got to go for free. They took 20 of them out for a day on "Lake of the Woods". They showed one vet that lost both his legs and 2 of his buddies in a road side bomb. These guys are the REAL heroes.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#54 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:51:04 PM(UTC)
Formo

Full Episode of last weeks (7-5-09) Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Watch this!!!!

BTW, if that link doesn't work, just go to ABC.com, look for full episodes, click on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and click on the 'Cooper Family' episode.

If you are an United States of America Patriot, I suggest watching it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:36:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Still a great read ... I'd be interested in having the updated statistics mentioned in the original post.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#56 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:12:48 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 673
Applause Received: 688

IMNSHO, the biggest threat to freedom lies in the mirror.

As I expect most people here have figured out, I don't have many warm feelings about the state. I tend to think we'd be better off without it, and I'd rather let all the fruitcakes out of the asylums and put all those interested in political office in.

But, that said, I don't think the state, or politicians, even Obamoids and Bush*tes, are the greatest threat to freedom.

I think the greatest threat to freedom is ourselves, and our willingness to restrict the freedom of others. It is we who have asked and expect those politicians to deal with all our problems. And invariably, we ask them to act on our behalf to the detriment of others' exercising their freedom. (That, after all, is how the state has its effects, by threatening those who might choose other than we'd wish.)

Freedom only works when each person with it is willing to forego some of what they are entitled to. When each of us is willing to say, "God (or the Constitution, or Nature, or the State of Iowa, or whatever) has given me the right to do this. But today, I choose to forego what I have the right to do and have protected." And when we're willing to do that even though "the law" says we don't have to.

And that willingness to forego is in mighty short supply these days.

Don't believe me? Look at the stories in your newspapers or on the news. And count how many of the stories involve someone going to the state for an entitlement or bitching about how the state has fallen short. And count how few of the stories don't.

Freedom is about being able to do what you want. But it's also about the other guy being able to do what he wants, even if it offends the crap out of you. Spend too much time, as, IMO, Americans of all political ideologies do, trying to get the state or "society" to protect your freedom against the other guy, and pretty soon you wake up and discover...

In the eyes of society, *you* are the other guy.

And because you have been unwilling to forebear in the pursuit of "your" rights, you have no moral ground upon which to stand anymore.

What has this to do with the original post? I need to be careful here -- as I wasn't yet a PackersHome member when the original thread was going, and I'm not sure the setting of the time. But while I agree with Shawn's epigram, I also believe that an unacknowledged component of real freedom is how and when we don't fight for it.

I would never want to claim the moral authority that those who have stood against live fire have. Indeed, I've always found Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers (the book, not the idiotic movie) provocative, almost compelling: the notion that voting citizenship should follow upon service, not precede it. I didn't serve, and regardless of the fact that I probably would have been rejected, not only for W.Point and ROTC (as I found when I looked into each) but for basic grunt (eyes), frankly I consider that a failure of mine.

But IMO we threaten what all that those who have served have fought for with our constant harping on our entitlements. I'll always remember laughing at Bill Murray in Stripes when he had the line about the constitutional right to cable TV. But when I read the paper, or watch the news, or go into the political part of the blogosphere, what I see is a nation of people who *believe* Murray's dictum.

Farce threatens to become tragedy.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline zombieslayer  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:53:01 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Well said, Wade. +1

I really think we ought to start taking a look at some of these laws and deciding which ones we can get rid of. That would be a good start.

While we're at it, get rid of redlight cameras. Those are downright Orwellian.

Then take the Bill of Rights and look which laws violate any of those 10. If anything is a violation, get rid of it.

We need less laws, not more.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:32:00 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Yep, when it takes four year degree to master the laws ... I think somethings wrong with that picture.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#59 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2011 11:08:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

It's that time again ...
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#60 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2011 8:31:31 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
It's that time again ...

'Tis.

Edited by user Sunday, July 3, 2011 8:43:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers