Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
11 Pages«<891011>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#136 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:19:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,239
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,293

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Apparently I'm just not making any sense and the world is a giant, simple place where everyone's brain chemistry is the same except mine.


You realize we can joke around a little bit.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#137 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 11:18:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,614
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

"He brought a gun to a struggle, to a fight that he started ... wanting to make sure the victim didn't get away," the prosecutor said. "And now he wants you to let him off because he killed the only eyewitness, the victim Trayvon Martin, who was being followed by this man."

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline DakotaT  
#138 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 12:25:58 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,239
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,293

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
"He brought a gun to a struggle, to a fight that he started ... wanting to make sure the victim didn't get away," the prosecutor said. "And now he wants you to let him off because he killed the only eyewitness, the victim Trayvon Martin, who was being followed by this man."


I haven't been following the trial, but like you say, he's guilty as hell - but I'm sure our usual die hard righties will defend Mr. Zimmerman.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#139 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 12:49:35 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Posts: 1,530
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 790

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
A woman in Florida was being strangled by her husband and she tried escaping. She ran to her car in the garage, but forgot her keys. She grabbed her gun and went back in the home to get them. The husband said he was going to kill her. Woman fired off the gun. She's now serving 20 years in prison. The woman claimed 'stand your ground' law as her defense and a judge in the case rejected the request, saying her decision to go back into the house was not consistent with someone in fear for her safety.

I mention this because if she can't use stand your ground, neither can George Zimmerman. As I've been trying to say, if he was in fear of his life, why did he leave his vehicle and pursue on foot?


What if she went back in the house with her gun but instead of threatening her the guy actually started beating on her face before she shot him. It's a slightly (but importantly IMO) different situation.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#140 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 2:05:28 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,527
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
And if they don't comment, they are insensitive assholes. Some of you need to shut the fuck up about whining about EVERYTHING! More like DepressionHome.com holy fuck!

How about we focus on the real issue here instead of being selfish idiots turning this into a political attack? A boy was KILLED wrongfully! What did he do to deserve such a fate? How does this relate to our society and stereo types? That's what we should focus on, not the fuck face politicians.


WE ALL AGREE POLITICIANS ARE FUCKING SCUM, TWO FACED WEAK MINDED LOSERS.


I read an article that the boy was on his phone with his girlfriend and said something about being scared that someone was following him? If the boy was such a threat, why was he being followed? Maybe I misunderstood something.


Edit: I just realized I was reading page one of a 10 page thread started a year ago hahahaha. Oh well, what I wrote still pretty much applies.

WRONGFULLY! It seems like you, at least in this forum, try to be the "voice of reason" - finding the middle course in discussions, etc. As I read this thread, everything (with the possible exception of Dakota hahahaha) was civil and not making unwarranted assumptions - other than you and your use of WRONGFULLY.

The prosecutor in his closing argument kept saying "Zimmerman made assumptions - WRONG assumptions", based on the fact that others - presumably black teens - had committed crimes and got away before the cops arrived. SOMEBODY should have said right then and there, it is a colossal ASSUMPTION that is likely to be WRONG as RIGHT when the prosecutor, the media, basically everybody commenting ASSUMES that the guy killed was NOT one of those habitual criminals who had always gotten away in the past - because the cops were late.

I hope Zimmerman gets off.

BTW, Obama was probably correct - if he had a son, he would be just like that hahahahaha.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#141 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 2:19:35 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,614
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

I wasn't there. I can't say what happened. Sorry that is not understandable by you.

I'm not sure what he could be getting off with? The more I've learned (witnesses info has come out since this thread started) about this, the more I think the only real wrong thing he did was get out of his vehicle.

The media made this into something at the encouragement of the kids parents. I am not saying they wanted this to be a race thing, that was the media. But the parents wanted this to get attention because they feel their son was murdered, rather than killed in an act of self defense. The media continues to throw up pics of the kid as a pre-teen, when he was in fact 17 and well over six feet tall.

Media wants us to think it was a racially motivated murder by a white man against a innocent black child. Not to mention the doctored 911 call to fuel the racial fire on this. That's why this is so publicly accessible when for example there are nearly two dozen murders in Chicago THIS MONTH alone that don't merit even a footnote.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 7/15/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#142 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 3:44:14 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,527
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I wasn't there. I can't say what happened. Sorry that is not understandable by you.

I'm not sure what he could be getting off with? The more I've learned (witnesses info has come out since this thread started) about this, the more I think the only real wrong thing he did was get out of his vehicle.

The media made this into something at the encouragement of the kids parents. I am not saying they wanted this to be a race thing, that was the media. But the parents wanted this to get attention because they feel their son was murdered, rather than killed in an act of self defense. The media continues to throw up pics of the kid as a pre-teen, when he was in fact 17 and well over six feet tall.

Media wants us to think it was a racially motivated murder by a white man against a innocent black child. Not to mention the doctored 911 call to fuel the racial fire on this. That's why this is so publicly accessible when for example there are nearly two dozen murders in Chicago THIS MONTH alone that don't merit even a footnote.


This post of yours was indeed fair and balanced. The only complaint I had about that old one (I didn't realize until after I replied it was a year ago) was not saying "possibly" or "maybe" wrongfully killed - as it is just as likely - ALL of us NOT being there - that Trayvon was of those who got away before the cops arrived in the previous incidences of criminal activity as that he was an innocent victim.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Formo  
#143 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 4:19:25 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I haven't been following the trial, but like you say, he's guilty as hell - but I'm sure our usual die hard righties will defend Mr. Zimmerman.


Of course he's guilty. He admits to shooting him.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Trippster  
#144 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 5:14:22 PM(UTC)
Trippster

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 627
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 10

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Of course he's guilty. He admits to shooting him.


He is guilty of shooting him but is GZ guilty of murder? He was following TM as a neighborhood watch. Was it a smart move? Probably not. Was it an illegal move? No.

What really matters is the state of mind of GZ when he pulled the trigger. Did he fear for his life?

Could he have gotten out of the fight without getting killed and just taking a serious ass whooping? Maybe.


On the other hand, one punch can kill someone. It happened to a teacher in Kenosha a few years ago. took a punch, hit his head on the cement and died.

As a referee in hockey I break up alot of fights and this I can attest to. Once the players fall to the ice we break up the fight immediately. Why? The danger of being hit in the face with a punch while the head is on the ice(cement) the force of the punch is increased significantly as the head has no ability to absorb the punch by rocking back. That said, it can be quickly lethal.


I own a gun. I carry concealed. If someone was on top of me at night punching the crap out of me and I had the feeling that I could not escape I would feel as though the perp would beat me until I became unconscious and possibly died.

I would pull the trigger.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/12/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 7/12/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#145 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2013 10:43:15 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,239
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,293

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post


I hope Zimmerman gets off.


Oooooohh, big shocker there. I hope he is convicted so I can listen to the clowns on the Fox Network cry about something other than Barry.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#146 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 10:00:06 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,614
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

Not Guilty.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#147 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 1:16:31 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,527
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

They had some scientist on CNN a little while ago citing research where they hooked up sensors to the brains of a bunch of people and showed them subliminal images - so short time that the people didn't consciously know what they had seen. There was a lot of neutral pictures, trees, fruit, etc. some of people of various age and gender. The guy stated that 87% of white people tested had a major negative reaction in their brain to the image of the face of a black man. Since it was subliminal, it had nothing to do with background racist attitude or feeling, just the natural reaction of the mind. The percentages were almost as high for hispanics and Asians. The guy, being a liberal scientist, was mystified, and was saying a fundamental adjustment needed to be made in "educating" people in this country. What really blew his mind was that over 40% of blacks even reacted that way - which he characterized as being "prejudice against themselves" (kinda like Dakota hahahaha).

What never seemed to enter his mind - or anybody else sitting around that CNN table - was that maybe, just maybe, there was good valid JUSTIFICATION for such a visceral reaction.

Similarly, the prosecutor and all the liberal apologists for the "victim"/faultfinders of Zimmerman like to bring up how so many presumably mostly black teenagers had done bad deeds and got away before the cops arrived at that place, and how that fact tainted the mind of Zimmerman. Well, yeah, maybe it did ...... maybe justifiably so ...... what also was NEVER suggested - although it would seem to be a definite possibility - is that Trayvon Martin himself, if not doing any harm THIS TIME, was one of those who got away so many times in the past.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Formo  
#148 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 1:41:43 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Trippster Go to Quoted Post
He is guilty of shooting him but is GZ guilty of murder? He was following TM as a neighborhood watch. Was it a smart move? Probably not. Was it an illegal move? No.

What really matters is the state of mind of GZ when he pulled the trigger. Did he fear for his life?

Could he have gotten out of the fight without getting killed and just taking a serious ass whooping? Maybe.


On the other hand, one punch can kill someone. It happened to a teacher in Kenosha a few years ago. took a punch, hit his head on the cement and died.

As a referee in hockey I break up alot of fights and this I can attest to. Once the players fall to the ice we break up the fight immediately. Why? The danger of being hit in the face with a punch while the head is on the ice(cement) the force of the punch is increased significantly as the head has no ability to absorb the punch by rocking back. That said, it can be quickly lethal.


I own a gun. I carry concealed. If someone was on top of me at night punching the crap out of me and I had the feeling that I could not escape I would feel as though the perp would beat me until I became unconscious and possibly died.

I would pull the trigger.


Oh, I don't disagree. My posts was more about poking fun of Dakota for not being thorough in his accusation. =)
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#149 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2013 4:20:55 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,239
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,293

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Oh, I don't disagree. My posts was more about poking fun of Dakota for not being thorough in his accusation. =)


You looking to get your ass kicked in here like you did on Facebook? Big Grin
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#150 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:47:52 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,614
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

juror wrote:
I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods, and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he really should have done, But I think his heart was in the right place. It just went terribly wrong.

When he was in the car, and he had called 911, he shouldn't have gotten out of that car.

I think George got in a little bit too deep, which he shouldn't have been there. But Trayvon decided that he wasn't going to let him scare him ... and I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him

He had a right to defend himself. If he felt threatened that his life was going to be taken away from him, or he was going to have bodily harm, he had a right.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
11 Pages«<891011>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Random Babble / Wade

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

8h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Random Babble / dhazer

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Jul / Around The NFL / musccy

21-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21-Jul / Random Babble / wpr

20-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.