You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#31 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:20:45 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,518
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211



Even IF the catch was really a catch... the end result shouldn't of been a touchdown.


Tate CLEARLY pushed Shield out of the play and onto the ground.

Also add in the horrible call roughing the QB call earlier which kept one of the last two drives alive when, Walden or Perry legally hit Wilson...
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#32 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:33:57 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 508
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 155
Applause Received: 105

We can discuss this till the Milk-Makers come home. It won't change a thing. All we are doing is Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating DeadhorseBeating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse
Of Course it is the off-season and we don't have much to discuss right now. So beat awayTongue Tongue Tongue
Wisconsin Born,Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#33 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:34:05 AM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,734
Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Part of the running game is cumulative. You have to wear a defense down. Normally this comes with Time of Possession, if your coach is even concerned about that sort of thing.


That would b true if winniñg % went up with TOP.

But it doesn't.So I wouldn't be concerned either.

You can't wear a D down if the running game can't move the chains.

You have to actually gain yards. They don't give you first downs just for rushing attempts.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline macbob  
#34 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:35:32 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,695
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
The 3 runs in the first half included a 20 yard run by Cobb. Leaving Benson with 2 per.

Whenever Benson got the ball, he got little or nothing. Including the dump off passes.


What was Rodgers numbers that first half? 58 yards on 27 passes...hey, 2 yards per attempt!

Dexter_Sinister wrote:
On the TD scoring drive, other than the TD run, Benson had 2 runs for -3 yards in the other 16 plays. You can give him credit for the TD run, but giving him any credit for the running game making being the difference is total BS.


Benson: 10 rushes for 49 yards in the 3rd quarter, and we have drives of 70 and 66 yards.

Dexter_Sinister wrote:
You are saying the only adjustment they made in the second half was running the ball. Not in protecting Rodgers better.


No, I didn't. Please don't put words in my mouth.

What I said was running the ball helped our OL protect Rodgers better by not letting the DL, etc tee off on the QB like they did in the first half, when we abandoned the run. Which helped our passing game in the second half.

Dexter_Sinister wrote:
Running in the 4th quarter didn't help us generated a critical first down. So you can say "if" all you want to conjecture how effective more running might have been. But when they really needed the yards, running DID let them down. No ifs about it.


I did not say the running game won the game for us. Or that all we should do is run the ball. Or that we should have run the ball more in the second half. Or that we should become primarily a running team.

What I said was that our lack of balance on offense in the first half made it easier on the D to concentrate on and shut down our passing game (58 yards passing) because McCarthy abandoned the run without having even seen if we could run it against Seattle (1x carry first quarter, 2x 2nd quarter= abandoned in my book). Result = 0 points, 58 yards passing, 82 yards total offense in the first half.

Scoring drives first half = 0 out of 5. Scoring drives second half = 3 out of 4.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 6/30/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 6/30/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#35 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:38:07 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,582
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,469
Applause Received: 353

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post

No, I didn't. Please don't put words in my mouth.


Dex likes to do that so that every scenario fits his narrative.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#36 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:31:57 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,734
Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Dex likes to do that so that every scenario fits his narrative.


What is the logical conclusion if you say, they didn't run so they didn't score. They started to run so they did score.

The conclusion is you are crediting the running for the scoring and conversly blaming the lack for not scoring.

Even though the only TD scoring drive had 3 runs for negative yards. Pretty much the same ratio of the first 2 drives of the game.

Ignoring any other protection adjustments they made.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline macbob  
#37 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:25:16 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,695
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
What is the logical conclusion if you say, they didn't run so they didn't score. They started to run so they did score.

The conclusion is you are crediting the running for the scoring and conversly blaming the lack for not scoring.

Even though the only TD scoring drive had 3 runs for negative yards. Pretty much the same ratio of the first 2 drives of the game.

Ignoring any other protection adjustments they made.


The logical conclusion is stated in my previous post. I just re-read it, and it looks pretty clear to me.

The 'logical conclusion' I would draw from your arguments is that you obviously preferred the offense of the first half of that game over the second half, where we wasted handing the ball off to Benson 10 times in the 3rd quarter alone.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#38 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:28:18 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 8,552
Joined: 7/28/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

FACT: It was a horrible call.
But we can't change it.
There are calls all the time that are bad and make the difference in a game. This one stood out because of the fake refs, which were making bad calls left and right. Being at the end of the game, being the deciding score, just made it stand out more then all the other lousy calls.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#39 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:51:27 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,734
Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
The logical conclusion is stated in my previous post. I just re-read it, and it looks pretty clear to me.

The 'logical conclusion' I would draw from your arguments is that you obviously preferred the offense of the first half of that game over the second half, where we wasted handing the ball off to Benson 10 times in the 3rd quarter alone.


None of that is accurate. I prefer the drive they had in the 4th quarter that produced a TD. Not wasting downs on ineffective rushing and protecting Rodgers better.

I have said we needed to run more many times. But I also said we couldn't because we didn't have a decent running back. So there wasn't much option. Benson's poor running was not helping them score. We didn't need a crappy POS back that averaged 2 per getting 25 touches. We needed a solid back averaging 4 per getting 25 touches. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option.

You guys seem to be saying that they should have handed it off more because they did in the 3rd quarter and scored 2 FGs.

The only TD drive they had was with the same rushing ratio that you blame for not scoring any points in the first 2 quarters. They scored as many points not running the ball (and not getting sacked) as they did running the ball in the 3rd quarter. Yet all the credit is given to the running game.

Even though they did run more in the final drive and had negative rushing yards. Your useless rushing attempts produced a 3 and out.

Benson's lack of ability and the teams lack of viable alternatives prevented them from being able to run as much as they wanted too is my point.

Your point seems to be they didn't want to run and Benson sucking was only incidental.



I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline Dexter_Sinister  
#40 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:10:01 PM(UTC)
Dexter_Sinister

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,734
Joined: 6/12/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
What was Rodgers numbers that first half? 58 yards on 27 passes...hey, 2 yards per attempt!



Benson: 10 rushes for 49 yards in the 3rd quarter, and we have drives of 70 and 66 yards.



No, I didn't. Please don't put words in my mouth.



I did not say the running game won the game for us. Or that all we should do is run the ball. Or that we should have run the ball more in the second half. Or that we should become primarily a running team.


Scoring drives first half = 0 out of 5. Scoring drives second half = 3 out of 4.


Now who is putting words in?

Because I didn't any of that either. I only said you are blaming the loss on the not running the ball enough in the 1st half.

You only blamed the not running in the first half for the offensive problems. You didn't credit anything else as contributing to the better 3rd quarter and 1 drive in the 4th (where they actually didn't run any more than the 1st half). When you say the protection was better, you credit the running game. All the improvements you attributed to the running game. You may not have stated "they didn't make any other adjustments." But you did take all the credit for them and gave it to the running game. Even when they were not running any more than the first half and still scored a TD.

Points scored on drives with 80% or more passing, 6. Points scored on drives with a more balanced pass/run ratio, 6.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Offline OlHoss1884  
#41 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:38:27 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 207
Joined: 5/8/2013(UTC)
Location: Waukegan, IL

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 97

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
We can discuss this till the Milk-Makers come home. It won't change a thing. All we are doing is Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating DeadhorseBeating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse
Of Course it is the off-season and we don't have much to discuss right now. So beat awayTongue Tongue Tongue


The "angry mob" is simply responding to a poor opinion piece about what happened on the play. Despite our anger over the terrible officiating in general and the multiple errors on that specific play, I think most of us choose to focus on the future rather than the past. But if someone wants to make asinine assertions with little or not basis in reality, it is neither unexpected nor the least bit wrong to beat their opinion down (verbally).

What I wish would happen is that those that benefitted from the play, or those who support their side of it, would admit that they got away with it. I have done so with the Majkowski pass that beat the Bears in '89.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/1/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#42 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 10:32:39 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,532
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

It was a series of bad calls. But unlike the Seahawks, it didn't happen to us in the Superbowl.



“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
OlHoss1884 on 7/1/2013(UTC)
Offline OlHoss1884  
#43 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 10:43:30 AM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 207
Joined: 5/8/2013(UTC)
Location: Waukegan, IL

Applause Given: 26
Applause Received: 97

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
It was a series of bad calls. But unlike the Seahawks, it didn't happen to us in the Superbowl.



All true. More importantly, I sincerely believe the Packers would not have gotten past SF in last year's playoffs, even if the game had been in GB, and thus it would not have made any difference, in the end. And I suppose if it finally got the NFL embarrassed enough to sh*tcan the replacement officials, some good came out of it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Offline macbob  
#44 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 2:56:25 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,695
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 225

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
You didn't credit anything else as contributing to the better 3rd quarter and 1 drive in the 4th (where they actually didn't run any more than the 1st half).


Oh yeah--well you didn't credit Benson's running for 50 yards in the 3rd quarter (4.9 yards per carry) as contributing to the offense in the second half. So there...

This is ridiculous. Once again you are attributing something to me that I didn't say. I'm sure that everyone else who has read this far in the thread will applaud when I say I'm done on this topic. Bang Head
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Dexter_Sinister on 7/1/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 3:52:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,532
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Clint Didier!

John Anderson was great.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.649 seconds.