Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline CaliforniaCheez  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:53:10 PM(UTC)
CaliforniaCheez

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 130

They only keep parroting what the local media tells them because they cannot think on their own.
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/11/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:39:33 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 6/13/2013(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:28:39 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Every time I try to explain to middle class Americans how they are being used by the sperm bank winning Republican politicians they keep putting into office.

It must be difficult to be a Viking, Lion, or Bear fan and watch superb QB play in GB for the last 20 years when each of those teams has arguably more talent than the Packers do.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:43:42 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 175
Applause Received: 392

Ha.

Good subject!

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:18:37 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Oh please.

If you gonna use 'facts', lets use relevant ones, shall we?

Arguably the hardest 4 game stretch any team had to endure coming out of the regular season, the Vikings went 4 and 0 (pundits and NFL fans alike predicted a 1-3 finish). Ponder improved from his mid-season slump and ended up during those 4 games with 4 TDs, 1 INT, and a 60% completion rate. No, not A-Rod numbers, but a significant improvement from the 4 games prior.

That said, with the additions to the offense, there are no more excuses for the QB. If he can manage to make his passing game not only effective but deadly, the Vikings could be a force in the NFC, much less the NFC North.

This is why Vikings fans are so excited. Mind you, excitement doesn't equate to Super Bowl predictions. I know how you fools like to exaggerate opposing teams' fans excitement into something that's not there.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 5:06:29 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Oh please.

If you gonna use 'facts', lets use relevant ones, shall we?

Arguably the hardest 4 game stretch any team had to endure coming out of the regular season, the Vikings went 4 and 0 (pundits and NFL fans alike predicted a 1-3 finish). Ponder improved from his mid-season slump and ended up during those 4 games with 4 TDs, 1 INT, and a 60% completion rate. No, not A-Rod numbers, but a significant improvement from the 4 games prior.

That said, with the additions to the offense, there are no more excuses for the QB. If he can manage to make his passing game not only effective but deadly, the Vikings could be a force in the NFC, much less the NFC North.

This is why Vikings fans are so excited. Mind you, excitement doesn't equate to Super Bowl predictions. I know how you fools like to exaggerate opposing teams' fans excitement into something that's not there.

he is so cute when he is dreaming. you almost hate to wake him. naw.

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 6:24:26 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
he is so cute when he is dreaming. you almost hate to wake him. naw.

How bad do you think Formo is going to bend us over a table should the Vikings ever win a Super Bowl? But for this year, it isn't their offense that will doom them, it will be their defense.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 6:58:29 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
How bad do you think Formo is going to bend us over a table should the Vikings ever win a Super Bowl? But for this year, it isn't their offense that will doom them, it will be their defense.

All ready covered. Unless they are the Cubs (another losing organization that he supports) every team has to win a championship eventually. So when the vikies do win I will say that is cute they finally have one. Real teams and organizations have double digit championships and to come back when you have this many UserPostedImage
and we will let you sit at the big boys table.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 6:59:13 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

lol yah that'll happen ... and I'm gonna get married some day!!

UserPostedImage
Offline flep  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 12:30:18 AM(UTC)
flep

United Kingdom

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
If he can manage to make his passing game not only effective but deadly, the Vikings could be a force in the NFC, much less the NFC North.

Now there's something I've never read, or thought I'd see when talking about the Viqueens. "Passing - effective - deadly". Surely an internet first for them to be included in one sentence.
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
Offline DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:16:44 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

God we are some condescending f*cks sometimes. But yeah, this is the Vikings we are talking about.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#12 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:22:01 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

God we are some condescending f*cks sometimes. But yeah, this is the Vikings we are talking about.

exactly. We would be more sensitive if it was a loser like the Browns or the Jags.

UserPostedImage

Offline Formo  
#13 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:59:49 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: flep Go to Quoted Post
Now there's something I've never read, or thought I'd see when talking about the Viqueens. "Passing - effective - deadly". Surely an internet first for them to be included in one sentence.

He was only a few bad passes to winning another game or two. I know this is a hypothetical, but that doesn't dispute that Ponder may be closer to being an effective passer than you, or the rest of you rubes, think.

But for this year, it isn't their offense that will doom them, it will be their defense.

I agree. Defense will be the bane of this year's team, despite the young additions added. Winfield, even in his slow age, was very effective. I saw someone bring up some interesting facts that showed how ineffective the defense was without him in the line up versus how effective it was with him in the line up. The results I remember were pretty staggering. I think they only used the past 3 seasons as a base (as to not skew the stats too much with a younger version of Winfield.

I have no idea if Rhodes or Floyd will be big time players (if I had to guess, Floyd will be the future Pro Bowler), but I do think they'll be at least serviceable contributors this year.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Rss Feed