You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:46:32 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,416
Applause Received: 1,202

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
No.

and

Hell, no!

This is not Andre Rison, who had shown himself capable of being a top reciever.
This is not Terrell Owens, who though he was a major headcase, always gave full effort.
This is not even Randy Moss, who, though he undoubtedly "took plays off", never intentionally lined up in the wrong position out of petulance.

I wouldn't sign Young if I thought he had the skills of Rison in his prime AND Owens in his AND Moss in his.

If he gives me, say, four years of post-Lions, commitment and putting-the-team-first and keeping-his-spoiled-brat-mouth-shut, then -- maybe -- I'd give him a shot as a free agent.

But before then? I'd sign any of the above three, with their current skill set, first.

(And I wouldn't touch any of them with a ten-foot pole.)

Does it seem like there is a disproportionate amount of egocentric WR in the NFL compared to the other positions? We could have a who's who (I hate to use all star) of maniacal WRs of the past 20 years. Most were not all the good in the long run.

even when there was a greater emphasis on the running game there did not seem to be as many nut jobs. Perhaps because teams so often use 3 wr and at the most they only used 2 rb so the pool is larger.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Wade  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 6:40:07 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 562
Applause Received: 588

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Does it seem like there is a disproportionate amount of egocentric WR in the NFL compared to the other positions? We could have a who's who (I hate to use all star) of maniacal WRs of the past 20 years. Most were not all the good in the long run.

even when there was a greater emphasis on the running game there did not seem to be as many nut jobs. Perhaps because teams so often use 3 wr and at the most they only used 2 rb so the pool is larger.

IMO, that is part of what made Donald Driver such a wonderful story. He went against type. Even in his years where he was arguably among the best at his position, he didn't go diva. Even his Dancing with the Stars gig didn't go the direction your typical WR star would take it.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.