Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:12:56 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,022

*** posting this outside of the Official thread as I want to hear thoughts directly on this aspect... ***

Listening to Bill Michaels on the way home (Time delayed broadcast out of Marshfield) and he referenced this article..

Quote:
Packers will deny it, but they must beat Giants

GREEN BAY, Wis. — This is not going to be just another regular-season game. No, the Packers' upcoming matchup with the New York Giants means far more to coach Mike McCarthy's group than the win or loss that will come from it.

It was the Giants who ended what was nearly a perfect season for Green Bay in 2011. A dominant Packers offense that led the NFL in scoring could muster only 20 points, while Eli Manning lit up the scoreboard for 37 points. It was a beatdown at Lambeau Field, one that finished Green Bay's season in devastating and unexpected fashion.

Even if the Packers win the rematch that will take place Sunday night in New York, it won't make up for that loss 10 months ago. No Week 12 game can ever trump a win-or-your-magical-season-is-over playoff matchup. But beating the Giants would be a significant hurdle for Green Bay to clear in order to reach the Super Bowl this season, one year after the team seemed destined to make a deep run at winning a second consecutive title.

That hurdle is a mental one for the 7-3 Packers. A small dose of revenge will certainly be on some of their minds, but the 6-4 Giants have no reason to fear or be intimidated by anything Green Bay might throw at them. Because, when it mattered most, New York came out victorious in a must-win game, leaving confidence squarely in favor of the guys in blue, red and gray.

While I understand what they are saying, I don't know that I agree with the premise.

Instead, I think this is an important measuring stick game right now, one in which it will really lay out the Packers must do the remainder of the season to make the run they want to. In fact, I think if they blow out the Giants it will actually be counter productive to the Packers end goal.

We need to be a hungry and aggressive team, I think as long as this game is close and well played, win or lose it will fit the Packers needs moving forward. I actually think a blowout loss would be better than a blowout win in terms of the Packers mindset.

Thoughts?
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:59:22 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

The Green Bay Packers are going to friggin' crush the New York Giants this next Sunday night on national tv.

Book it. Bet it.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Packerchick on 11/20/2012(UTC)
Offline vikesrule  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:05:33 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
The Green Bay Packers are going to friggin' crush the New York Giants this next Sunday night on national tv.

Book it. Bet it.

Crush em' you say.....Bet it you say......Think

Offline dfosterf  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:21:22 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Crush em' you say.....Bet it you say......Think

What did you have in mind, notwithstanding the complete tragedy that particular personal function in your physiometric repertoire might be?

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline vikesrule  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:42:33 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

What did you have in mind, notwithstanding the complete tragedy that particular personal function in your physiometric repertoire might be?

Got the thesaurus out again, eh foster.

Well, let's examine this bold statement of yours, shall we?

"The Green Bay Packers are going to friggin' crush the New York Giants this next Sunday night on national tv"

Hmmm....crush em.....

Hmmmm, I would say that would mean that the Packers would beat the Giants by.....mmmm...two touchdowns and a field goal or by 17 points in a jarhead's comprehension level.

If you agree to that, I would be so inclined to make an interesting wager.

Or perhaps you want fewer points differential .....<cough cough, blowing smoke out your ass again>Wanna Box?
Offline dfosterf  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:46:54 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Well, I want appropriate "book".

Example:

You win, I send you a couple hundred bucks or something.

I win, You come to Harrisburg, Pa, and lick my (Green Bay Packer fan) dog's balls in front of all my friends with my video camera rollin'...
UserPostedImage

Offline vikesrule  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:03:18 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Example:

I win, You come to Harrisburg, Pa, and lick my (Green Bay Packer fan) dog's balls in front of all my friends with my video camera rollin'...

Interesting.

Just a couple of flaws in your aforementioned "stakes"
1. Coming to Harrisburg PA, shithole that it is - no problem.
2. Licking your dogs balls - very difficult to accomplish since I am sure that they are sized like your balls which are microscopic in nature.
3. In front of all your friends - foster you have no friends, so that point is moot.

With that said, since you seem to agree to the 17 point spread.....
You win and I'll send you a bottle of some very good booze of your choice (up to $200)
I win, well I don't drink anymore, so we will have to come with some kind appropriate compensation.

You game bucko?
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:03:37 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,297

Example:

I'd rather have a picture of that dog t-bagging VR. LOL
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 11/20/2012(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:17:03 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Interesting.

Just a couple of flaws in your aforementioned "stakes"
1. Coming to Harrisburg PA, shithole that it is - no problem.
2. Licking your dogs balls - very difficult to accomplish since I am sure that they are sized like your balls which are microscopic in nature.
3. In front of all your friends - foster you have no friends, so that point is moot.

With that said, since you seem to agree to the 17 point spread.....
You win and I'll send you a bottle of some very good booze of your choice (up to $200)
I win, well I don't drink anymore, so we will have to come with some kind appropriate compensation.

You game bucko?

What are the Giants favored by in this game? I honestly do not know.

1. Harrisburg itself isn't even a shit-hole, most of it, truth be told, but I actually don't live there. I live between Harrisburg and Hershey.
2. I promise to wash his balls before your arrival, as I'm a kind person. Technically, much like the whole Harrisburg thing, he has no real balls, so there's nothing to arrive at in that dept. either. As to the comparison, you may be on to something there- I'm the guy that was out blow-drying the hamster a few weeks ago per my wife's directions.
3. You probably wouldn't like that answer upon arrival, lol, but you think what you think...

Joke--

If I'm spottin' you 17, you taking up drinkin' again has to be on the table.

edit- chipmunk, not hamster. I was out in a freezing friggin' rain blow-drying a Goddamned chipmunk. He lived, btw.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:31:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:52:16 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I'd rather have a picture of that dog t-bagging VR. LOL

Shelter dog, t-totally fixed. Even when Nick goes down on him, I'd expect ambivalence from my little boy, but you never know in those kind of circumstances, he might opt to show off, lol

We played those Giants not only with a bye, BUT WON OUR DIVISION WITH FOUR GAMES LEFT TO PLAY PRIOR. Talk about a recipe for a complacent team... Frankly, the Vikings suckiness DID contribute to the Pack losing in the playoffs last year, so Nick has that on us also.

Go ahead and motivate the Pack, as the Giants have... Lord knows we have done enough of it to others... We will just see what happens when Aaron and co. want to prove something, as I strongly suspect is the case here.

(Sorry, Shawn, a small diversion Laugh )

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:59:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline beast  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:35:31 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

I don't understand why some are saying this game is a must win game...

The Packers have proven they get beat the Giants in the regular season.

What they haven't done is proven they can beat the Giants in the post season...
That would be a double much win game if they do face each other. Needing to win to stay alive but also needing a win to get past the Giants beating them the last two times they met in the playoffs.

Though before the Packers won the Super Bowl, they did end the Giants season (in the regular season, week 16 match-up which was basically a playoff game, as the winner made the playoff, loser would watch the playoffs)

The Packers can't knock the Giants out of the playoffs this time... but IF the Cowboys beat the Redskins, then the Packers can knock the Giants out of the NFC East division lead.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline El3ment12  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:16:27 PM(UTC)
El3ment12

Applause Given: 29
Applause Received: 24

What would really damage our psyche is a blowout loss. The giants are a great team and we shouldn't feel worthless if we lose to them.
Online nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:29:56 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,299
Applause Received: 573

Without Clay, this will be like that Jets game, wasn't in in '10, where we went into their house and won in a close hard fought game?

Win or lose, we will play tough. I like our chances.

I don't like being behind the Bares in the division, but I'm not calling this a must win.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:27:01 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

To me, they are ALL must wins. Especially after gifting the game to the Colts. CHI is tied for the division lead, even though we own the tie breaker. I would feel better with us owning the division lead outright. Add to that, I would much rather force the Giants to have to come back to GB in the playoffs, rather than have us go there. The Packers need to right that NFC Divisional loss last year, and what better place to do that than at home.

Win Packers.

That being said, it will be a battle all the way, especially with NYG coming off their bye. Our OL and DL will have to win the day. Trenches. If we can win those battles, we can come out with the W.

I would add, how many here would rather we play SF here in GB or there in San Francisco during the playoffs? Man, I would so much rather we play that game in GB. SF has 4 away games left, @NO, @STL, @NE, @SEA. They also play MIA and AZ @ home.

Winning Sunday @NYG will help us pass them in the standings, which we really ought to be trying to do through the rest of the regular season, forcing any playoff game between us to Green Bay and Lambeau.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:38:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline gbguy20  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:37:46 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

I think it is more of a must win for the giants than the packers. The giants are just barely holding off the cowboys and the saints. saints are playing well but have a tough schedule ahead (but so do the giants). Cowboys suck but have an easier schedule than both of them.
call me Dan
Rss Feed