Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 4, 2012 8:09:07 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
YOU DIRTY STINKY ROTTEN PINEAPPLE SMELLING FROG LICKING TRAITOR!!!


you forgot "bee milker".
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Sponsor
Offline DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 7:34:54 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
you forgot "bee milker".



Shouldn't you really call me a sustainer of life? Without my beekeeping bretheren, you all cease to exist. I like that, not only am I a righteous republican jobs provider - I am a sustainer of life on this planet.

I really need to stop denigrating myself and allowing all of you to do that to me as well.

But if you all need to, you can look upon me as the capitalist abuser of insects.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 3/5/2012(UTC), Nonstopdrivel on 3/5/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 7:57:28 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Shouldn't you really call me a sustainer of life? Without my beekeeping bretheren, you all cease to exist. I like that, not only am I a righteous republican jobs provider - I am a sustainer of life on this planet.

I really need to stop denigrating myself and allowing all of you to do that to me as well.

But if you all need to, you can look upon me as the capitalist abuser of insects.


That was brilliant.

UserPostedImage

This is off topic Hi Jacked! Hi Jacked! and I really don't mean to detract from Arrigo's great work but I have been concerned about our bee population for a long time. Has the bee crisis stabilized or is it still falling?
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 9:04:22 AM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)
Location: Germany

Applause Given: 364
Applause Received: 263

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
But if you all need to, you can look upon me as the capitalist abuser of insects.

Thanks for starting off my day with a good chuckle.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 10:29:18 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,383
Applause Received: 600

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Shouldn't you really call me a sustainer of life? Without my beekeeping bretheren, you all cease to exist. I like that, not only am I a righteous republican jobs provider - I am a sustainer of life on this planet.

I really need to stop denigrating myself and allowing all of you to do that to me as well.

But if you all need to, you can look upon me as the capitalist abuser of insects.


Hey man, what's your take on all this hysteria about bees dying?
Also, on topic: the Packers are awesome.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 11:46:19 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Hey man, what's your take on all this hysteria about bees dying?
Also, on topic: the Packers are awesome.


I think it is a combination of bad beekeeping, feeding the bees a bunch of fungus filled cheap honey from China, and most recently they've found that if beekeepers don't get to a dead hive - a parasitic fly lays eggs in the dead bees that lay at the bottom of the hive. The larvae flies eventually take over other hives in the group creating a mystery called colony collaps disorder.

A dilligent beekeeper kills off a weak hive and doesn't let dead bees rot at the bottom of the pallet. A smart beekeeper doesn't rob his hives of the honey the bees produce and feed back rotten Chinese honey or Wade's favorite product - corn syrup from Iowa.

I don't know how this topic matriculated to beekeeping but I think fault lies with Wayne.



UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 11:48:08 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 642
Applause Received: 1,320

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
That was brilliant.

UserPostedImage



Please don't tell VR - he likes to live in an alternative world where poetry teachers are Demigods and Viking fans know something.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 12:10:38 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I think it is a combination of bad beekeeping, feeding the bees a bunch of fungus filled cheap honey from China, and most recently they've found that if beekeepers don't get to a dead hive - a parasitic fly lays eggs in the dead bees that lay at the bottom of the hive. The larvae flies eventually take over other hives in the group creating a mystery called colony collaps disorder.

A dilligent beekeeper kills off a weak hive and doesn't let dead bees rot at the bottom of the pallet. A smart beekeeper doesn't rob his hives of the honey the bees produce and feed back rotten Chinese honey or Wade's favorite product - corn syrup from Iowa.

I don't know how this topic matriculated to beekeeping but I think fault lies with Wayne.





yep I am the one who stole the thread from Arrigo. But I had help from Kevin etal. I can not imagine feeding bees anything but the food they make themselves. I knew they were dying off and that they were being destroyed through cross breeding with less productive breeds.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 12:59:14 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
yep I am the one who stole the thread from Arrigo. But I had help from Kevin etal. I can not imagine feeding bees anything but the food they make themselves. I knew they were dying off and that they were being destroyed through cross breeding with less productive breeds.


This is a problem I have with some folks. I don't mind off topic posts here and there, but my problem comes in when the off topic posts take over the thread. The issue is some of you don't know when enough is enough and get back on topic. Here we have a good example of someone who kept it going and tried pinning it on someone else ... me. I interjected some humor into a member who frequents another site. Should that really be derailing a thread?

You should whip yourself five times for each character you used and post it on YouTube. NOW!


So you are aware, this is the off season and thus normally I couldn't give a damn, but what you guys did here was insanely rude. Joe Arrigo took a lot of time into procuring his post (even if its copied/pasted all over) for us to slam him, ridicule him, praise him, whatever ... and you fools run your mouth on a different topic.

I want us to be able to joke around, throw in off topic posts here and there, but I would just like to see us get the thread back on track quickly, rather than continue the topic in the wrong thread. We can always create new threads for such topics. That is allowed and this just in as of year 2012... IT'S FREE TO CREATE NEW TOPICS!! Yes, it's true folks, just for you lovely PackersHome members, we are offering no limit on topic/thread creations!



On a little more serious note, it makes me wonder how many others notice this trend and themselves find it humorous, but figure, why spend all the time into structuring a well thought out post/topic when it'll just be defaced by page two from some clowns thinking they are funny?




UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 1:15:18 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370


I am guilty. No whipping but I'll go stand in the corner. I also did apologize for getting the topic off center.

I have been wanting to ask Dakota about the bee issue for some time. I just keep forgetting about it. My original intent was to ask and then move on. I did go back on topic after this mess got rolling.

UserPostedImage


"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 1:16:49 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Oh and I wasn't doing it to try and bee funny. It is a serious situation that we are facing with the loss of bees.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Rockmolder  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 1:18:07 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 243

Zombie and NSD have ruined me. I just asumed "Milk those bees" would be a sexual innuendo for something, but I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what it was.

Apparently, it's about bees.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/5/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 1:18:53 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I am guilty. No whipping but I'll go stand in the corner. I also did apologize for getting the topic off center.

I have been wanting to ask Dakota about the bee issue for some time. I just keep forgetting about it. My original intent was to ask and then move on. I did go back on topic after this mess got rolling.


Eh, it happens man, we all do it. I just would like to see more respect towards those who take the time to make an original topic, know what I mean? Personally, if I was Joe, I wouldn't post my stuff here anymore. Sure, he knows and accepts he's going to be blasted for his "rumors", but to see a thread be taken off topic on page two ... has to make a guy think ... wow, that wasn't worth posting. Next ...


But again, we all do it ... I just wanted to explain my "site owner" view of it because I have let other topics go awry during the off season. I felt it was necessary to explain why this time I split it.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 1:19:34 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Zombie and NSD have ruined me.

Words spoken normally by women across the globe ...

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 3/6/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 1:23:35 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Eh, it happens man, we all do it. I just would like to see more respect towards those who take the time to make an original topic, know what I mean? Personally, if I was Joe, I wouldn't post my stuff here anymore. Sure, he knows and accepts he's going to be blasted for his "rumors", but to see a thread be taken off topic on page two ... has to make a guy think ... wow, that wasn't worth posting. Next ...


But again, we all do it ... I just wanted to explain my "site owner" view of it because I have let other topics go awry during the off season. I felt it was necessary to explain why this time I split it.


from the time I was posting the bee milking I was hoping you would split it off. (mainly because I hoped to learn more about their current state.) In retrospect it was lazy of me to expect you to do the dirty work instead of me starting a new topic.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

17h / Random Babble / nyrpack

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

17h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

17h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

18h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

18h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / StarrMax1

1-Sep / Random Babble / dfosterf

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Gaycandybacon

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.