Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline porky88  
#61 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:03:45 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 397

If Rodgers is seriously hurt then you sit him when you fall out of contention because you don't want to risk further damage. That doesn't appear to be the situation though.

The Packers are one game out of the NFC North. Anything can happen, although I'm know longer expecting anything. Rodgers needs to play. He needs experience. Whether it be for this year or in the future. Rodgers for the most part has played well this season and has a bright future ahead of him.
Offline twebdonny  
#62 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 8:59:15 PM(UTC)
twebdonny

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
If Rodgers is seriously hurt then you sit him when you fall out of contention because you don't want to risk further damage. That doesn't appear to be the situation though.

The Packers are one game out of the NFC North. Anything can happen, although I'm know longer expecting anything. Rodgers needs to play. He needs experience. Whether it be for this year or in the future. Rodgers for the most part has played well this season and has a bright future ahead of him.

I think he is hurt much more than anyone knows. I know, as well as do you all that Aaron will not be benched for Flynn or anyone else. Thought I would raise a bit of all your hackles and it looks like I did. Good luck Aaron, still think you should sit a week or two, guess we will see who was right at the end of this year's run.

DJ
Offline Zero2Cool  
#63 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 9:00:26 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

You still won't answer my question. Very nice. I'd dodge it too if I had this thread tagged with my name. :)
UserPostedImage
Offline twebdonny  
#64 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 9:25:49 PM(UTC)
twebdonny

When the season ends, no playoff berth, or one and done, you will look back at this thread...

guarandamnteed

DJ

Why?

Is this your question?
If so, then my answer is that this thread spells the reason why the season
has prematurely ended.
See, NO DODGING HERE!

DJ
Lifetime Packers Fan, Non Kool-Aid Drinker
Offline TheEngineer  
#65 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 10:02:17 PM(UTC)
TheEngineer

When the season ends, no playoff berth, or one and done, you will look back at this thread...

guarandamnteed

DJ

Why?

Is this your question?
has prematurely ended.
See, NO DODGING HERE!

DJ

Listening to your advice would spell the reason why a season will prematurely end.

Rodgers is the better QB, I'm sure you'll agree. But I just don't think he's sufficiently injured, and Flynn able to play at a close enough level, to warrant a switch. With Flynn I think we'd probably lose 2 or 3 more games than if Rodgers had played, and we'd be all but out of the playoffs.
blank
Offline twebdonny  
#66 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 10:06:17 PM(UTC)
twebdonny

guarandamnteed

DJ

Why?

Is this your question?
has prematurely ended.
See, NO DODGING HERE!

DJ

Listening to your advice would spell the reason why a season will prematurely end.

Rodgers is the better QB, I'm sure you'll agree. But I just don't think he's sufficiently injured, and Flynn able to play at a close enough level, to warrant a switch. With Flynn I think we'd probably lose 2 or 3 more games than if Rodgers had played, and we'd be all but out of the playoffs.

2 weeks of rest would probably be all that is needed...right now that is...

I would rather have a healthy Rodgers going into a playoff game, then someone who may be out for the season after another beat down on a bad wing.
Offline Packnic  
#67 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 10:10:57 PM(UTC)
Packnic

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 6

dude im pretty sure that a front office that just shelled out a ton of money on a guy...isnt going to force him to start if they don't think he is healthy enough.

The arm obviously isn't issue enough for the FO to gamble all that money on.
blank
Offline dhazer  
#68 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 10:21:56 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Ok folks ready for my thoughts on this.
I know everyone thinks they know what i am going to say because everyone knows what i think of Rodgers.

Well to be totally honest i feel sorry for the kid. Yes i said that. If he is hurt or not it don't make a bit of a difference. I have read every page of this thread and can't believe how some have turned on the kid. The poor kid is not coming out are you fricken serious. If he would be benched or what not that would look bad on Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson and also on Rodgers. The fiasco and decision made this offseason has made the bed Rodgers is stuck with and for that i feel sorry for the kid because if he is hurt he can't come out no matter what.

And if people think i'm being sarcastic then you should have been in chat when i was of the only ones that was saying the kid was going to drive us to a win.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline longtimefan  
#69 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 10:45:17 PM(UTC)
longtimefan

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 21

he was tossing 60 yard bombs in warm ups

yeah that tells me his shoulder is hurt
Offline packersfan101101  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:32:40 AM(UTC)
packersfan101101

Rogers is hurt and is not getting better getting beat down week after week.

Any chance we have of winning a playoff game depends on Rogers being truly healthy.

I think it's time to sit Aaron and play our backups and see what they can, or cannot do.

Backing into the playoffs only to be one and done does not thrill me at all
and that is what is going to happen without a healthy Rogers. Right now he cannot throw downfield and teams are well aware of this and continue gunning for him.

Whatcha think kidz?

DJ

that may be the stupidist thing ive ever heard
brandon jackson is amazing
Offline macbob  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:07:24 AM(UTC)
macbob

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Applause Given: 296
Applause Received: 249

guarandamnteed

DJ

Why?

Is this your question?
has prematurely ended.
See, NO DODGING HERE!

DJ

2 weeks of rest would probably be all that is needed...right now that is...

I would rather have a healthy Rodgers going into a playoff game, then someone who may be out for the season after another beat down on a bad wing.

DJ-Do you actually think the Packers stand much of a chance of beating the Bears or Saints with Flynn at quarterback? With the running game we've shown so far this year? I don't--I think we'd lose both and our record would be 4-7. Your 'healthy Rodgers going into a playoff game" is senseless since 4-7 isn't going to get you into the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
Offline alldaybaby  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:43:11 AM(UTC)
alldaybaby

don't worry guys you play the saints in a couple of weeks and you all start singing his praises again, their pass defense is horrible, why is it so hard to understand , rodgers is a average QB behind a average line , the same line that favre made look very good , same goes to your RB a average guy that favre made look very good , find another favre then you'll be very good again , good luck in trying to find one though
a classic Aaron rogers quote\r\n\r\nquote: \&quot;I\&#039;ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer....He\&#039;s been great for me...Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. \&quot;
Offline 4PackGirl  
#73 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:37:12 AM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 159
Applause Received: 124

if rodgers had thrown some int's in this game & in several others on complete bonehead passes, i'd understand the hate but...since that didn't happen, i say WTF??

also on the whole "holds the ball too long" deal - the guy already sees a guy coming at him untouched, knows he's gonna get the snot kicked outta him, & is STILL trying to complete decent passes - i don't think that's holding onto the ball too long, i think that's balls out taking em for the team. he has no time to see the plays develop & yet he's supposed to in a split second, decide to throw the ball away?? then i'm guessing he'd be nailed for throwing the ball away too much. no win situation when you're losing.

but hey - maybe that's just me. i don't give up on players until THEY give up on this team...period!!
UserPostedImage
Online dfosterf  
#74 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:58:48 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 418

if rodgers had thrown some int's in this game & in several others on complete bonehead passes, i'd understand the hate but...since that didn't happen, i say WTF??

also on the whole "holds the ball too long" deal - the guy already sees a guy coming at him untouched, knows he's gonna get the snot kicked outta him, & is STILL trying to complete decent passes - i don't think that's holding onto the ball too long, i think that's balls out taking em for the team. he has no time to see the plays develop & yet he's supposed to in a split second, decide to throw the ball away?? then i'm guessing he'd be nailed for throwing the ball away too much. no win situation when you're losing.

but hey - maybe that's just me. i don't give up on players until THEY give up on this team...period!!

You used to be good lookin'. Good post, btw. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline alldaybaby  
#75 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:00:33 PM(UTC)
alldaybaby

he threw a couple "bonehead passes" the viking players didn't make it count , otherwise the score may have been alot different, the couple i'm talking about is one that hit wyms on the helmet and deflected into drivers hands , and the one that sapp caught and dropped , i'm sure there were more just can't be bothered trying to think of them
a classic Aaron rogers quote\r\n\r\nquote: \&quot;I\&#039;ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer....He\&#039;s been great for me...Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. \&quot;
Rss Feed