You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#31 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 7:14:12 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
They shouldn't blitz because there just bad at it. They should drop at 7 in coverage.

Then we get picked apart with short throws, screens and draw plays and not to mention run all over.

I don't think you understood or understand or something.

Your not going to drop any into coverage if thy read run so the running stuff is out.

As far as the short passes how does dropping more guys in coverage help the short passes? It doesn't.

The only thing about dropping more in cover means it times longer to pressure the QB. But then if rushing 5 guys get the same amount of pressure as rushing 4 guys why not let that 5 guy go help with coverage.
America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline gbpfan  
#32 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 7:52:13 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

it was a good game again the out come but it shows our d-line yes they had opportunity they did give up a big play when white got the 65 yards or what ever it was then johnson ran it in for the t.d but that was the biggest mistake after that they played hard against a o-line that is hard to beat to my understanding well we did and got 2 sacks to boot our o-line they had some good opportunity when d.d was on the 10 and dropped the ball i understand why just saying if holds on that could have been a game changer it shows our team is becoming very good even when cliffy went out and collage came in i think they will beat the vikes even if they are in the dome they will win they were in a loud place yesterday and i have to say it din't upset a-rod so it shouldnt on sunday :reindeer:
blank
Offline dfosterf  
#33 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 9:13:29 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

As much frustration as I felt in that game, I'm still going to call it a plus one for our football team. I don't know if that experience will evidence itself on this next game, but I suspect it will. That was a seriously good football team we just played, and that was a seriously good game that both teams played. They ran through us badly... who didn't think that was going to happen? Collins beat us when it counted... I and many told you that could easily happen, too. My point being that in the arena of a loss, this one has to be considered as about as good as you are going to get. I'm thinking Giants vs. Patriots of last year. We have very little to hang our heads about, and we actually got some props from ESPN radio this AM for being undoubtedly the best .500 team in the NFL. I'da preferred a win, but am quite used to diggin' for positives... I'm just sayin'
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline dhazer  
#34 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2008 9:31:27 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 175

That was very well put Sod. And as far as waiting for the idiots to come out just who are you referring to. I could bash Rodgers bigtime but i haven't. I called this game by saying the titans would win this on a late fg. The titans are undefeated for a reason. They just have that edge this year, or the will whatever you wanna call it. I believe we are a good team but not a great team. I was happy to see we played tough and i was actually very impressed with our d this week granted they gave up alot of rushing yards but the Titans will get those yards no matter who they play. I will say if williams is in there instead of harris and bigby was out this game could of went our way, their rust showed. But all in all i was impressed with the teams effort. Our D just ran out of gas.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline RedSoxExcel  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 12:18:28 AM(UTC)
RedSoxExcel

Applause Received: 3

I loved watching the game.

At the end of the day, its an undefeated team AT home. So we took them to OT, thats a moral victory.

But overall almost doesn't count for wins. 4-4 is disappointing because I feel we are better than that. A couple of these close losses have really hurt but this one I was expecting to lose so can't really complain.

But if we lose next week against the hated Vikings, I'm going to throw up.
blank
Offline Overkill  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 5:58:34 AM(UTC)
Overkill

"Our D just ran out of gas."

About the sum of it.

Traitorous guy who used to play for us said most games come down to a few key plays. Truism.
That's Ok, let the Tits sit and soak it up for now, get good and comfortable.

"But if we lose next week against the hated Vikings, I'm going to throw up."

The queens're gonna get hurt guud this week.
blank