Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doddpower  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 4:27:29 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,765
Applause Received: 417

I think anything can be done if the majority of the league (somewhere between (70-80%) wants it.

Personally, I don't want a freebie. I don't care if person A, B, and C all got one. I'm not playing fantasy football to be given anything, I'm playing for the competition. If an opponent doesn't even have a starting lineup then the entire point of playing is negated, at least for that week. They'll be no anticipation or anxiety watching the score for that week if a person has 2 people on byes and one injured.

Just what I think, although I'm sure others feel differently.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 5:07:47 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,991

What if someone who purposely set their team up like that and has a set it and forget it method until the final bye week has concluded.

I do think maybe if someone is inactive for 21 or more days, we drop them from the league, but then what becomes of their players and the schedule?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 5:10:27 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

I am not in favor of having the commissioner setting the team at all. Unless the commissioner does not have a team in the league, its a conflict of interests.

Maybe at day 18, post there's a team available and if by day 21 they are still inactive, the team is awarded to the first person to put claim to it that is not already in either league?

UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#19 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 5:48:28 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

I'm not concerned about a commissioner setting the team. C'mon now, I trust you dudes better than that, especially Pack. Plus, he even suggested that if anyone has a problem with it, it can be changed. They'd just be setting the most obvious starts, something as simple as putting an eligible person in for a bye week, etc. Most the people playing are pretty easy going so I don't really think it needs to be so politically correct, if you will. At least not for me.

A league has to be flexible in order to enjoy optimum success. I have run several leagues for years, mostly leagues involving money, and flexibility has been key. Sometimes things come up and a rigid governing system just doesn't work well my opinion. We're not talking about things like changing waiver orders or anything like that. Of course that should be static. But a situation that brings down the quality of the league needs to be addressed and in my experience most members are more than willing and want such actions to be taken.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 5:51:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

You just alluded to the point. You said you trust us dudes, then singled Pack out in that, which is saying you trust him more than me.

This is supposed to be for fun.

UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#21 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 5:54:43 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You just alluded to the point. You said you trust us dudes, then singled Pack out in that, which is saying you trust him more than me.

lol, give me a break man. I "singled Pack out" because I'm pretty sure he is the commissioner of the league I'm actually in. Heck, you're not even in my league!! I was speaking more to the fact that I would have absolutely no problem with Pack setting a lineup. It's not like anything can be secret about it as it can be seen by the entire league.

If that's an issue, maybe commissioners could e-mail suggestions to the opposite leagues?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 7:13:16 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

:)

(I'd trust Shawn over me too, no worries)

If this is an issue league wide with both leagues, I'm open for suggestions. I don't pay attention to what others are doing for their teams, as its not really my concern, so I don't really have much else to say bout it. I barely find time enough to figure out who I want to add/drop for my team and start.

UserPostedImage
Offline dhazer  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:32:30 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 190

Hahahaha I don't trust any of them :P Look how many times my sig has been changed :( JK guys, I don't care what you do because I am going to win it all, I had a bye a few weeks ago and Zero started all his guys lol.

I think next year make it maybe a $20 buy in and that will keep people active.

I can always use the extra few bucks for kicking some fantasy butts :)
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Packers_Finland  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 6:40:39 PM(UTC)
Packers_Finland

Applause Given: 88
Applause Received: 44

Hahahaha I don't trust any of them :P Look how many times my sig has been changed :(

I also love it when you still have your "what could have been" text below your new sig.
This is a placeholder
Rss Feed