Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 4:55:19 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

He had a decent impact last year for us.. what is your expectation on KGB this year?

My concern is that he hasn't been given the green light yet.. it will take a couple of weeks for him to come in an have an impact.. but the blessing in disguise might mean a fresher KGB late in the season.. your thoughts?
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline walleye  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 4:59:44 PM(UTC)
walleye

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
He had a decent impact last year for us.. what is your expectation on KGB this year?

My concern is that he hasn't been given the green light yet.. it will take a couple of weeks for him to come in an have an impact.. but the blessing in disguise might mean a fresher KGB late in the season.. your thoughts?

Hell yea it's a blessing in disguise!! I think he will :physassult: .
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Offline zombieslayer  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 6:17:39 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I have a feeling if he finishes '08 with less than 9 sacks, '08 would be his last year as a Packer. He better get double digit sacks to be sure of a job in Green and Gold next year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline yooperfan  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 6:18:46 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 537
Applause Received: 247

I don't expect a whole lot from KGB anymore.
Gimpy knee and father time are quickly extracting a price.
Offline Greg C.  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 6:33:03 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

KGB was having a very good season in '07 before he got dinged up. So I think he could do well this year. I'm hoping for double digit sacks. Because his game is so reliant on speed, he could decline sharply at any time now, but I think he's probably got a couple more good years in him.

On a side note, it's interesting to me that this guy who is the all-time Packers sack leader and has always been a great team player has never gotten a lot of respect from the fans. I guess it's because he was in a little over his head at times when he played DE full time. But he's never lacked for effort, and if it hadn't been for him, the Jamaal Reynolds debacle would have hurt the team a lot more than it did. Basically, KGB has done what Jamaal Reyolds was supposed to do.
blank
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 6:40:10 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

On a side note, it's interesting to me that this guy who is the all-time Packers sack leader and has always been a great team player has never gotten a lot of respect from the fans. I guess it's because he was in a little over his head at times when he played DE full time. But he's never lacked for effort, and if it hadn't been for him, the Jamaal Reynolds debacle would have hurt the team a lot more than it did. Basically, KGB has done what Jamaal Reyolds was supposed to do.

Hmmm, while I agree with your statement that he basically masked the Reynolds flop.. I think there was alot of love for KGB during his better sack years.. chants of KGB in the stadium I fondly took part in.. but maybe you are right after a couple seconds of thought.. he is what I hope alot of players here are.. a very fine man.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Greg C.  
#7 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 6:42:51 PM(UTC)
Greg C.

Applause Received: 48

Hmmm, while I agree with your statement that he basically masked the Reynolds flop.. I think there was alot of love for KGB during his better sack years.. chants of KGB in the stadium I fondly took part in.. but maybe you are right after a couple seconds of thought.. he is what I hope alot of players here are.. a very fine man.

You're right, there were a couple years there where he was appreciated. But I think the expectations for him were set too high because of his early success.
blank
Offline strobl2  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 7:45:27 PM(UTC)
strobl2

I think if he goes in just on certain circumstances and provides a spark then i think it will help our team, but i'm not expecting double digit sacks from him this year, maybe 7-9.
blank
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 8:13:54 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Greg - good comments. As a person, he's a good individual. Might be a little too hippie for some folks taste, but whatever.

I think we as fans assume it's White who's our all-time sack leader, and not that many people know it's KGB.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline WhiskeySam  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 8:14:54 PM(UTC)
WhiskeySam

Applause Received: 1

He's a situational pass rusher, but you can't rely on him to get consistent pressure anymore.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Offline Gravedigga  
#11 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 8:18:55 PM(UTC)
Gravedigga

I like KGB. If you dont look at him as an every down player, he is great. It's not like he was a high draft pick. He has exceeded all expectations i think. He's very effective when playing against a team with a weak running game and a weak tackle. It doesnt happen every game but when we get that matchup, he eats the other team up. Great situational player IMO.
--------------------------------------------
UserPostedImage

A wise man once said
---------------------------------------------
You are weak, pathetic and immature..............I would have d
Offline bigfog  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 8:33:11 PM(UTC)
bigfog

He's a situational pass rusher, but you can't rely on him to get consistent pressure anymore.

Sad but true. Injuries have done him in, as well as time, which is surprising considering he's only 30. Not that old I think. He's got a few years left in the tank, but I doubt that they will be with Green Bay.

Great, great person and a great Packer who embodies the spirit of Green Bay in its entirety. He'll be in the Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame when it's all said and done.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
Offline Rockjock07  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:44:42 PM(UTC)
Rockjock07

You're right, there were a couple years there where he was appreciated. But I think the expectations for him were set too high because of his early success.

And because Sherman broke the bank on him. Tons of money tends to breed high expectations.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Offline CDNRodgersfan  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:58:21 PM(UTC)
CDNRodgersfan

Applause Received: 1

I agree he's still good for a third down player but problem is he's getting paid like an every down lineman
Rss Feed