nerdmann
14 years ago

Why GB should win Sunday.

link 

The Vikings lost a very competitive ball game against the Steelers. And now the focus shifts to Lord Favre making his return to Lambeau Field.

The fans will boo their least favorite traitor. And Green Bay will win the rematch. Green Bay is ready for the rematch.

Here are 9 reasons (the Schein 9 within the Schein 9, if you will) why the Packers are ready to win this time around and why they don't miss or need Favre.

1. In the last two games, the Packers defense pitched a shutout and gave up 3 points. Sure, it was against Detroit and Cleveland. But it is obvious that Dom Capers' defense has clicked since the bye week and the last Brett Favre soap opera in Minnesota.

2. Aaron Kampman is back. His hand is in the dirt. Kampman is getting to the passer. Kampman was dropping back too often in the first game against the Vikes. Kampman will chase Favre all day long, something he didn't do at all in the first matchup.

3. Al Harris and Charles Woodson make up the single-best combination of cornerbacks in the NFL. Woodson had a pick against Cleveland. Woodson and Harris will have two combined picks against Favre on Sunday.

4. The linebacker rotation is peaking. A.J. Hawk, Brandon Chillar, Nick Barnett and Clay Matthews make up a diverse and talented rotation of playmakers. I think they can bottle up Adrian Peterson.

5. Ryan Grant is coming off of his best game of the season, pounding the Browns for 148 rush yards and a touchdown. The Packers need him to get back to his 2007 form and last Sunday gave them the hope that he will get there.

6. Mike McCarthy is a better coach than Brad Childress. Did you see the run-to-pass ratio for the Vikes on Sunday? How about Chilly settling for the field goal the week before against the Ravens? McCarthy is an excellent play-caller. He puts a major emphasis on winning at home and the Packers will be ready for this unique environment come Sunday.

7. Aaron Rodgers is playing brilliant football. OK, so he isn't quite in the MVP mix like I predicted. But he's damn close. Rodgers has just two picks against 11 touchdowns with a passer rating of 110.8. He doesn't get enough credit for being great. Rodgers is a true extension of McCarthy on the field, something Favre really never was. Rodgers shares McCarthy's love of practice, film study and a 24-hour quest to succeed to the extent where he sounds like McCarthy during interviews. Rodgers will be a model of efficiency and dominate the Vikings.

8. Rodgers told me two weeks ago that he believes Greg Jennings is about to explode. With Antoine Winfield injured, this will be the week. Minnesota has been vulnerable to opposing passing attacks in recent weeks.

9. The pressure is solely on Favre. He will get booed in the stadium where he used to be a star and a legend. I think he has no idea what is in store. And I think it is going to get ugly with the sight of Favre wearing the enemy's colors and with Green Bay getting a chance to cut into Minnesota's division lead.

"wpr" wrote:

1: We've got a LT.
2: We've got Bigby back.
3: Antoine Winfield is OUT.
We lost Finley, but these other factors make up for that. We also got Ahman Green, who could be a secret weapon.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
14 years ago
Oh yeah.
4: Clay Mathews.
Barnett is back to full speed and so is Raji.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Silentio
14 years ago

I really hate to come on here and post something like this, but if Formo is going to go around posting YouTube videos about how great Favre is then he has to face up to the other side of it:

#t=4m40s

"Formo" wrote:

It wasn't as much a post to show how great Favre is.

It was a response to the OP and it's 9 reason's why GB will beat the Vikings, and how the maker of the video doesn't think it will happen.

"Silentio" wrote:

Oh man. I have to admit that I just assumed what the video was and didn't look at it. I feel like a pretty big ass. Sorry dude :o\

Although... now that I've watched it, I still think my post stands up. The Vikings will only have more games like they did against the Steelers, especially in the playoffs. Those are the games Favre is good at losing.
blank
xavierlee9
14 years ago
Well damn, after reading that. I'm freaking convinced. 21-10 Pack.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
14 years ago

I really hate to come on here and post something like this, but if Formo is going to go around posting YouTube videos about how great Favre is then he has to face up to the other side of it:

#t=4m40s

"Formo" wrote:

It was a response to the OP and it's 9 reason's why GB will beat the Vikings, and how the maker of the video doesn't think it will happen.

"Silentio" wrote:

Well, if your counting on this happening again I wouldn't hold my breath. It's ok with me you posted this because it replays one of two games your team should have lost.

The bottom line is these things have a way of evening out and the teams that should win these games will because the odds are with them at that late point in the game. This video doesn't show me how good the Vikings are it shows me how fortunate they are to this point not having three losses.

Where is the one of Baltimore missing the FG after kicking the Vikings rear end the entire second half? Or was that one not spectacular enough?
Sure, be happy, I would be if we were able to grab a couple of wins out of the clutches of defeat but I am not sure I would show this video to display how good we are.

It's like the guy walking down the street and turns into an alley and all of a sudden he's staring at three tough guys seconds away from kicking his ass. Suddenly the ground starts shaking and a quake hits and and the tough guys hit the dirt allowing you to jump over them and split.

Once it's over do you tell people how tough you are or how fortunate you were to get out of there alive?

Besides, we have plenty of those videos from the past, unfortunately, only one SB win. You might want to keep that in mind.
"The train is leaving the station."
obi1
14 years ago
We'll beat the Vikings at home because that is what we do!
blank
zombieslayer
14 years ago

3. Al Harris and Charles Woodson make up the single-best combination of cornerbacks in the NFL. Woodson had a pick against Cleveland. Woodson and Harris will have two combined picks against Favre on Sunday.

WRONG!

(Actually, it will be Woody and Collins who will get the picks).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

WRONG!

(Actually, it will be Woody and Collins who will get the picks).

not wrong just a clarification. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
He's right if Woodson gets 2.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

#t=4m40s

"warhawk" wrote:

"Formo" wrote:

Well, if your counting on this happening again I wouldn't hold my breath. It's ok with me you posted this because it replays one of two games your team should have lost.

The bottom line is these things have a way of evening out and the teams that should win these games will because the odds are with them at that late point in the game. This video doesn't show me how good the Vikings are it shows me how fortunate they are to this point not having three losses.

Where is the one of Baltimore missing the FG after kicking the Vikings rear end the entire second half? Or was that one not spectacular enough?
Sure, be happy, I would be if we were able to grab a couple of wins out of the clutches of defeat but I am not sure I would show this video to display how good we are.

It's like the guy walking down the street and turns into an alley and all of a sudden he's staring at three tough guys seconds away from kicking his ass. Suddenly the ground starts shaking and a quake hits and and the tough guys hit the dirt allowing you to jump over them and split.

Once it's over do you tell people how tough you are or how fortunate you were to get out of there alive?

Besides, we have plenty of those videos from the past, unfortunately, only one SB win. You might want to keep that in mind.

"Silentio" wrote:

Coulda shoulda woulda.

6-1. It's what matters.

The Vikings offense was JUST good enough to keep the Ravens from making a big comeback. Even with piss-poor defensive play.

The Vikings offense was JUST good enough to show up late that game against San Fransisco and put them late second scores on the board.

Good teams win those close games. Not lucky teams. In years past, the Vikings have been known to be in those exact same situations, and failed. Almost 100% of the time.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
beast (7h) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (7h) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (7h) : fuck
beast (8h) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (8h) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (9h) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (9h) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (10h) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (10h) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (11h) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (11h) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (11h) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (11h) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
dfosterf (19-Apr) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (19-Apr) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.