wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago
Why GB should win Sunday.

link 

The Vikings lost a very competitive ball game against the Steelers. And now the focus shifts to Lord Favre making his return to Lambeau Field.

The fans will boo their least favorite traitor. And Green Bay will win the rematch. Green Bay is ready for the rematch.

Here are 9 reasons (the Schein 9 within the Schein 9, if you will) why the Packers are ready to win this time around and why they don't miss or need Favre.

1. In the last two games, the Packers defense pitched a shutout and gave up 3 points. Sure, it was against Detroit and Cleveland. But it is obvious that Dom Capers' defense has clicked since the bye week and the last Brett Favre soap opera in Minnesota.

2. Aaron Kampman is back. His hand is in the dirt. Kampman is getting to the passer. Kampman was dropping back too often in the first game against the Vikes. Kampman will chase Favre all day long, something he didn't do at all in the first matchup.

3. Al Harris and Charles Woodson make up the single-best combination of cornerbacks in the NFL. Woodson had a pick against Cleveland. Woodson and Harris will have two combined picks against Favre on Sunday.

4. The linebacker rotation is peaking. A.J. Hawk, Brandon Chillar, Nick Barnett and Clay Matthews make up a diverse and talented rotation of playmakers. I think they can bottle up Adrian Peterson.

5. Ryan Grant is coming off of his best game of the season, pounding the Browns for 148 rush yards and a touchdown. The Packers need him to get back to his 2007 form and last Sunday gave them the hope that he will get there.

6. Mike McCarthy is a better coach than Brad Childress. Did you see the run-to-pass ratio for the Vikes on Sunday? How about Chilly settling for the field goal the week before against the Ravens? McCarthy is an excellent play-caller. He puts a major emphasis on winning at home and the Packers will be ready for this unique environment come Sunday.

7. Aaron Rodgers is playing brilliant football. OK, so he isn't quite in the MVP mix like I predicted. But he's damn close. Rodgers has just two picks against 11 touchdowns with a passer rating of 110.8. He doesn't get enough credit for being great. Rodgers is a true extension of McCarthy on the field, something Favre really never was. Rodgers shares McCarthy's love of practice, film study and a 24-hour quest to succeed to the extent where he sounds like McCarthy during interviews. Rodgers will be a model of efficiency and dominate the Vikings.

8. Rodgers told me two weeks ago that he believes Greg Jennings is about to explode. With Antoine Winfield injured, this will be the week. Minnesota has been vulnerable to opposing passing attacks in recent weeks.

9. The pressure is solely on Favre. He will get booed in the stadium where he used to be a star and a legend. I think he has no idea what is in store. And I think it is going to get ugly with the sight of Favre wearing the enemy's colors and with Green Bay getting a chance to cut into Minnesota's division lead.

UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
14 years ago
God damn! We're gonna win this fucking game!!!
UserPostedImage
LambeauEast
14 years ago
I hope all 9 are dead balls SOLID!
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago
[youtube]GrfsbuNQ9B8[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
14 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

You act like he never did that in Green and Gold.. I remember in the rain to Freeman against the Vikes.. "He did WHAT?"... 🙂
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Formo
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

You act like he never did that in Green and Gold.. I remember in the rain to Freeman against the Vikes.. "He did WHAT?"... :)

"Formo" wrote:

lol That's nice.

Purple.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
jotman08
14 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

In every good story the apprentice loses to his master the first time, but the second time the apprentice overcomes his master and curb stomps him (figuratively, not literally). I hope to see the sequel to that video next week after the packers win.
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

In every good story the apprentice loses to his master the first time, but the second time the apprentice overcomes his master and curb stomps him (figuratively, not literally). I hope to see the sequel to that video next week after the packers win.

"jotman08" wrote:

That storyline would have worked IF Brett would have tutored Aaron.
For the most part he said that is was not his job.
but we digress.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
14 years ago

Aaron Kampman is back. His hand is in the dirt. Kampman is getting to the passer. Kampman was dropping back too often in the first game against the Vikes. Kampman will chase Favre all day long, something he didn't do at all in the first matchup.

Correction...Kampman was THE ONLY PLAYER to chase and actually hit Favre.

Mike McCarthy is a better coach than Brad Childress.

I wonder if McCarthy takes this as a compliment...haha

Rodgers shares McCarthy's love of practice, film study and a 24-hour quest to succeed to the extent where he sounds like McCarthy during interviews. Rodgers will be a model of efficiency and dominate the Vikings.

I wonder if Rodgers takes THIS as a compliment....hahaha.

The pressure is solely on Favre. He will get booed in the stadium where he used to be a star and a legend. I think he has no idea what is in store. And I think it is going to get ugly with the sight of Favre wearing the enemy's colors and with Green Bay getting a chance to cut into Minnesota's division lead.

Favre won't be able to hear himself fart....the boo's coming from Lambeau are going to blow his 40 year old ear drums out. Everything right now is leaning in favor of the Packers. Home field advantage, Packers coming off two wins, Vikings coming off a loss (solely because of Favre).

Vikings fans were warned. Favre getting hit as the season goes on is going to wear and tear on him and it will be noticeable this game when Capers finally unleashes the defense he has been the past two weeks. This seriously couldn't be a better set up and at a better time.

Packers win and cut into the division lead....such a beautiful thing.
UserPostedImage
matteogb4
14 years ago
i dont care how....i wanna win this one
blank
Fan Shout
beast (6h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (7h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (8h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (8h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (8h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (14h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.