Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline MintBaconDrivel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:07:40 AM(UTC)
MintBaconDrivel

United States

Applause Received: 97

Good to see he is not content.

Paul Imig wrote:
Casey Hayward had big plans for the second year of his NFL career with the Green Bay Packers. A dominant rookie season playing slot cornerback had Hayward feeling ready for the next step in his development.

"I want to start outside," Hayward told FOXSportsWisconsin.com in April 2013. "I feel like I can be an outside guy now full-time. . . . I'll prove that I can play outside now and not just the slot."

As Hayward trained on his own leading up to the 2013 season, he suffered a hamstring injury that kept him out for the first 15 training camp practices. He reinjured it again in preseason and, after his regular-season debut was delayed until Week 8, Hayward injured it yet again two weeks later and was placed on injured reserve.

This forced Hayward to re-evaluate his strong stance on being a starting outside cornerback. With the Packers re-signing Sam Shields this offseason to a four-year, $39 million contract and with veteran Tramon Williams back for another season, Hayward is now trying to remain patient.

"I don't even look into it," Hayward said of a starting outside cornerback job. "I think I look more of just trying to prepare myself and get better each week. If I can do that and keep progressing as a corner, I think my time will come when I'll be outside."
Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:20:42 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 313

I think the Packers SERIOUSLY missed Hayward last year... yeah Hyde was able to step up into that role, but I think there was another article that suggested the Packers had talks about moving Hyde to Safety... but felt they couldn't because they needed him at the slot.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline steveishere  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2014 6:24:44 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 965

They did miss Hayward, Hyde was good "for a rookie" but Hayward was one of the best slot corners in the NFL as a rookie regardless of experience. Hopefully he's back to form and stays that way because it'll be a HUGE boost.
Rss Feed