You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 2:07:22 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

We have above average defensive personnel. What we don't have is an above average defensive coordinator. If you brought Jimmy Johnson in here from Philadelphia, our turnovers and sacks would go up.

Last night we had our asses handed to us, no doubt! We were also short handed with several others playing and nicked up. We'll get another shot at those boys, and I hope to God we don't let Romeo stand back there for five seconds every pass attempt.
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 2:38:19 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

I know.....Romo had all night to find someone. We got to him a few times, but most of the time he just stood there and waited for someone to get open.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#18 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 2:41:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I know.....Romo had all night to find someone. We got to him a few times, but most of the time he just stood there and waited for someone to get open.

I kind of disagree. There were only a few times I noticed he had a lot of time and those times he really made us pay. Even on some of the plays we got in his face he made us pay.

We got to him and we did have him rattled but without Al Harris covering the other guy, we got burned.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Rockjock07  
#19 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 3:02:35 PM(UTC)
Rockjock07

The Packers Defense is 27th in total yards surrendered.

26th against the Rush

22nd against the Pass

25th in Points allowed.

According to NFL.com.

That with a game against a very good team in the Cowboys, a poor team in the Lions, and a run of the mill team like the purple slime.

They've also played one the best rushing teams in MIN and one of the best offensive teams in the Cowboys. No, the defense is not elite but they will be better then the rankings show. In a game last night, they needed 1 or 2 more DLmen to rotate in and out to keep the pressure on Romo and Barber from getting 5-6 yards down the field before he's touched.

I was impressed at how Brandon Chillar played yesterday. What about rotating Brady, Jenkins, and KGB?

Perhaps the thing that worries me the most is if the OL will get it together. I know Wells will probably start this week and that may help but the holding calls are also something that needs to stop.
Thank You 2005 White Sox!
Offline zombieslayer  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 3:27:53 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

I'm really sad that our defense has to be out on the field for such a long time, because our offensive line can't throw a block.

bingo!

I don't blame the D as much as our OL stinks and because our OL stinks, we weren't getting enough first downs, thus keeping the D on the field and letting them get worn down.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Cheesey  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 5:39:13 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Here's what i don't understand though........if our D is out there, doesn't that mean their O is out there too????
Shouldn't that mean THEY should be just as tired?
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 6:04:18 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Here's what i don't understand though........if our D is out there, doesn't that mean their O is out there too????
Shouldn't that mean THEY should be just as tired?

No. When you are defense you are reacting and that takes more energy from you. You have to prepare yourself for several things.

When you are an offense you cycle formations and runs. Every play all 11 guys on defense are chugging away. The offense doesn't have 11 guys constantly chugging away. Heck the QB has a skirt.

I see your point, but I understand it, I just don't know how to explain it. Offense just takes less out of you unless you're running deep posts all the time as a WR or you are running the ball hard.

They had two RB who could torch us and their OL was pushing us around.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!