Discussion Board
beast
2021-07-31T19:30:00Z
Resigning Alexander is a must... I'm thinking top 5 more than top 1 contract wise, but looking at the other CB contracts, looks like he could be top CB for his FA year which might put him at top 1 until another great CB becomes a FA after him.

Also, I think the best thing about his Safety is that he left his WR because he thought it was clearly a run play, but in reality, it was a play action pass... he was lucky not to give up a 95+ yard TD but he's respect to keep going 100% with the error worked as he got the safety!

Yes, at some point Gute is going to have to reload and stop resigning everyone...

I'm thinking this could be the Packers last year with Rodgers, Preston Smith, and 2 of the following Adams, Cobbs, MVS, Tonyan
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-07-31T21:07:42Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

Resigning Alexander is a must... I'm thinking top 5 more than top 1 contract wise, but looking at the other CB contracts, looks like he could be top CB for his FA year which might put him at top 1 until another great CB becomes a FA after him.

Also, I think the best thing about his Safety is that he left his WR because he thought it was clearly a run play, but in reality, it was a play action pass... he was lucky not to give up a 95+ yard TD but he's respect to keep going 100% with the error worked as he got the safety!

Yes, at some point Gute is going to have to reload and stop resigning everyone...

I'm thinking this could be the Packers last year with Rodgers, Preston Smith, and 2 of the following Adams, Cobbs, MVS, Tonyan



It’s sad, but true. Winning is great, but out prices your best players. I have a feeling that we will see the last of our dominance in the division after this season. We just can’t afford to pay all these guys top money. It will leave nothing for the rest oh the team.
This is the last shot at a Super Bowl for a long time.
It’s now or never in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-07-31T23:34:12Z
 FB_IMG_1627774223950.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I don't like being up against the cap. We need to win something, since we're spending like this.

Gonna be tight next yesr too. After that, the cap will go up. Losing Aaron's cap space will help, but I think we pushed some of his cash into the future. I don't like that either.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2021-08-01T02:35:52Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

 FB_IMG_1627774223950.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I don't like being up against the cap. We need to win something, since we're spending like this.

Gonna be tight next yesr too. After that, the cap will go up. Losing Aaron's cap space will help, but I think we pushed some of his cash into the future. I don't like that either.



So you're like goldilocks? You don't want the cap too loose or too tight, but some magical just right? ;)

I'm just kidding, we're all probably that way, those what is just right probably different from person to person.

I still wish the media would view cap numbers in different ways. Instead of just one year, one cap number.

But who has the most cap space in the projected in the next two to four (three) years?

Why? Because with the NFL according rules related to signing bonuses, almost all multi-year contracts are automatically back loaded in terms of cap accounting.

So really it's not so much cap space you have this year, but how much you have in the coming years to spend, though you need to save some too.


But next year the Packers will probably have to trade Rodgers, release Preston Smith contract just to get under the cap limit... and that's before considering to resign FAs such as Adams, Tonyan, MVS, St. Brown, Funchess, Patrick, King, Sullivan, Jackson, Redmond, P Scott and LS Bradley.

Probably need to draft another WR/TE and CB... and at least consider rookie contracts to potential get cheaper Punter and LS, at a minimum.


UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-08-01T02:46:57Z
We gotta enjoy this season. I think next one or two will be reloading.
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-08-01T03:24:11Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We gotta enjoy this season. I think next one or two will be reloading.



Yep! I'm just trying to predict what's going to happen next offseason to a degree. Just killing time until we get to see some preseason games.

Though this season is a tough road with NFC West and AFC North... probably two of the most physical divisions... which is you can to the playoffs healthy, will probably best prepare one for a longer playoff run.

Also, if we're rebuilding or reloading in 2022, it might be helpful that we're then facing the NFC East. Though also the AFC East which looks young but up and coming in the next few years.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-08-01T06:36:41Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

So you're like goldilocks? You don't want the cap too loose or too tight, but some magical just right? ;)

I'm just kidding, we're all probably that way, those what is just right probably different from person to person.

I still wish the media would view cap numbers in different ways. Instead of just one year, one cap number.

But who has the most cap space in the projected in the next two to four (three) years?

Why? Because with the NFL according rules related to signing bonuses, almost all multi-year contracts are automatically back loaded in terms of cap accounting.

So really it's not so much cap space you have this year, but how much you have in the coming years to spend, though you need to save some too.


But next year the Packers will probably have to trade Rodgers, release Preston Smith contract just to get under the cap limit... and that's before considering to resign FAs such as Adams, Tonyan, MVS, St. Brown, Funchess, Patrick, King, Sullivan, Jackson, Redmond, P Scott and LS Bradley.

Probably need to draft another WR/TE and CB... and at least consider rookie contracts to potential get cheaper Punter and LS, at a minimum.



Post-practice notebook, July 31st: Simon Stepaniak placed on reserve/retired list, NFL Network comes to town 

Quote:

James Jones also talked to Davante Adams, who named Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen as players he studies and considers the other top receivers in the league. James later told Adams, “I’m going to call Russ Ball and tell him $25 mil a year. Is you cool with that?” Adams responded, “That’s it? 25? Look, man, the stage has been set. [DeAndre Hopkins set the stage, whether or not they want to respect that number or whatever...nah, I’m just playing ball. You’re trying to get me in trouble.”



Like you pointed out in another thread, the Hopkins contract has screwed up the market. I think Adams is gone after next year. Throw in Rodgers and P Smith. Maybe Lowry and Turner (Bahk+Jenkins still around after this year with guys like Runyan, Royce and Myers+maybe Dennis Kelly?) as well. Out of the players you listed, I think only MVS and Tonyan will be around next year for sure and maybe Scott+Bradley.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We gotta enjoy this season. I think next one or two will be reloading.



Originally Posted by: beast 

Yep! I'm just trying to predict what's going to happen next offseason to a degree. Just killing time until we get to see some preseason games.

Though this season is a tough road with NFC West and AFC North... probably two of the most physical divisions... which is you can to the playoffs healthy, will probably best prepare one for a longer playoff run.

Also, if we're rebuilding or reloading in 2022, it might be helpful that we're then facing the NFC East. Though also the AFC East which looks young but up and coming in the next few years.



Gutes 2019 FA class is set to run out after 2022 and guys like Aaron Jones and Bahk can be cut with marginal dead cap hits from what I understand of their contracts. If by some miracle Rodgers is still around after this year I can't see him back after 2022. Next years draft is gonna be interesting. Before the Rodgers drama I thought two of the first four picks would be a Edge Rusher and a S to fill gaps after Z and Amos' contracts run out. Now I'm not sure. Maybe Z sticks around while Amos walks (Edge rusher over S)? Both are 28 years old as of right now. It feels money wise we're gonna move from Rodgers, Adams, Bahk, 2018 Free Agents to Alexander, Savage, Gary, Jenkins, etc.

Also the two of you, stop dragging down this thread with your negativity! Here's more Jaire goodness:


Jaire Alexander blowing up plays at/near the line of scrimmage 

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
2021-08-01T17:28:35Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 


Also the two of you, stop dragging down this thread with your negativity!



My negative? You're the one talking the Packers moving on from Rodgers, Adams, P. Smith, Lowry, Turner, Aaron Jones, Bak, Z. Smith and Amos

I think that's more negative than what I said... I think Bak, Z. Smith, Aaron Jones, Amos and maybe Turner are sticking around.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-08-01T17:37:45Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

My negative? You're the one talking the Packers moving on from Rodgers, Adams, P. Smith, Lowry, Turner, Aaron Jones, Bak, Z. Smith and Amos

I think that's more negative than what I said... I think Bak, Z. Smith, Aaron Jones, Amos and maybe Turner are sticking around.



Ops! I guess I wasn't being sarcastic/tongue in check enough 😅
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK ADAMS
Mucky Tundra (12h) : @mattschneidman “Janis over Adams, hashtag it, I remember that. Shoutout to Jeff.”
Zero2Cool (16h) : Darnell Savage (shoulder) was practicing on Wednesday.
Zero2Cool (18h) : Packers had their first in-season team/staff positive COVID-19 test
Mucky Tundra (15-Sep) : @RapSheet · 11m The #Cowboys best pass-rusher, Demarcus Lawrence is now out for the better part of the season. A broken foot, suffered in practice. Just terrible luck for Lawrence and the Dallas D.
dfosterf (15-Sep) : Let's deal.
dfosterf (15-Sep) : Yes. I'ts tragic. Darn shame. I own his handcuff replacement, and he put up 17.4 points in our league
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : That stinks for Mostert. Really looked like he found his spot on the 49ers and now back to back seasons cut short by injury
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Norm MacDonald passes away.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Raheem Mostert announces he is having season-ending knee surgery
dfosterf (14-Sep) : 47/100th 0f a point. Sorry, Andy...
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @AdamSchefter Saints have had a “handful of offensive coaches” test positive for COVID, calling into question their status for Sunday’s game vs. Carolina, per source.
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : Thanks beast
beast (14-Sep) : Newman got a 55.4 grade
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Crazy Monday night ending. Payton and Eli are good.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : HaHa signed to the Raiders Practice Squad
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Mostert can't catch a break
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Raheem Mostert will go on IR for approximately eight weeks with torn knee cartilage.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Lions confirm that 2020 3rd overall pick CB Jeff Okudah suffered a ruptured Achilles Tendon.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : How did Newman grade out?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Josh Myers has the highest pass-blocking grade of any rookie OL per @pff, and the highest overall grade of any Rookie IOL.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Rashan Gary led the Packers with 4 pressures, including 2 QB hits. Only rushed 16 times.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : lol Elgton Jenkins had more tackles than Kevin King.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : dhazer started Aaron Rodgers and has Josh Allen too. So, it's not a complete nutjob idea to think Rodgers > Mahomes.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Lion lose CB to ruptured Achilles. Ouch
dfosterf (13-Sep) : Dhazer left Patrick Mahomes on his bench. Mahomes put up 40.65 puts. The 9 players he fielded? 40.65 puts.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : beautiful double slappy post
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : The best news is I won my fantasy game and leading NFL Pick'em. Also, no injuries, right?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : The best news is I won my fantasy game and leading NFL Pick'em. Also, no injuries, right?
dfosterf (13-Sep) : ...and our punter looks good.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Well there's one positive, we're tied for first in the division
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Broncos game was just them beating the Packers down and GB couldn't really do anything; This game was just flat, sloppy and disjointed with a healthy dose of shooting themselves in the foot
beast (13-Sep) : I think they said score wise it was worst in Rodgers career, but I agree that the Broncos game seemed worse
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : the only loss that I think might have been worse was the vs the Broncos in 2015
dfosterf (13-Sep) : Was that the worst loss of Aaron Rodgers career? I don't recall anything that bad...help me out.
nerdmann (13-Sep) : Defense was hung out to dry.
nerdmann (13-Sep) : Defense is gonna be ok. They did step up a few times today.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : I doubt it. There's no reason for him to laugh. Coaches care about their players. They aren't tradiionally as petty as fans.
dfosterf (12-Sep) : Mike Pettine is quietly laughing his balls off.
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : yuck yuck we sure do suck
TheKanataThrilla (12-Sep) : I am not sure who you take out to insert him though
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : i figured he would be active in order to rotate guys and beat the heat
TheKanataThrilla (12-Sep) : I was hoping to see Heflin get some real playing time. Need to pressure Wiston and hopefully force some turnovers
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : I hope Love took good notes observing Boyle on a proper kneel-down
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : THIS IS NOT A DRILL
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : JORDAN LOVE IS ACTIVE.... oh yeah
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : @RobDemovsky Packers inactives: CB Shemar Jean-Charles, C Jake Hanson, DL Jack Heflin, LB Isaiah McDuffie, S Vernon Scott.
Mucky Tundra (12-Sep) : yoop, is the flag flying?
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : SAINTS GOING DOWN LIKE A 25 CENT WHORE
Zero2Cool (12-Sep) : Za'Darius Smith expected to play for Packers in week 1
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2021 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 12 @ 3:25 PM
Saints
Monday, Sep 20 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 26 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Oct 3 @ 3:25 PM
STEELERS
Sunday, Oct 10 @ 12:00 PM
Bengals
Sunday, Oct 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Oct 24 @ 12:00 PM
FOOTBALL TEAM
Thursday, Oct 28 @ 7:20 PM
Cardinals
Sunday, Nov 7 @ 3:25 PM
Chiefs
Sunday, Nov 14 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Nov 21 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Nov 28 @ 3:25 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 12 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 19 @ 12:00 PM
Ravens
Saturday, Dec 25 @ 3:30 PM
BROWNS
Sunday, Jan 2 @ 7:20 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Jan 9 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15h / Random Babble / Pack93z

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Sep / GameDay Threads / Zero2Cool

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Sep / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

13-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

13-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2021 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.