Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
2 years ago
Resigning Alexander is a must... I'm thinking top 5 more than top 1 contract wise, but looking at the other CB contracts, looks like he could be top CB for his FA year which might put him at top 1 until another great CB becomes a FA after him.

Also, I think the best thing about his Safety is that he left his WR because he thought it was clearly a run play, but in reality, it was a play action pass... he was lucky not to give up a 95+ yard TD but he's respect to keep going 100% with the error worked as he got the safety!

Yes, at some point Gute is going to have to reload and stop resigning everyone...

I'm thinking this could be the Packers last year with Rodgers, Preston Smith, and 2 of the following Adams, Cobbs, MVS, Tonyan
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

Resigning Alexander is a must... I'm thinking top 5 more than top 1 contract wise, but looking at the other CB contracts, looks like he could be top CB for his FA year which might put him at top 1 until another great CB becomes a FA after him.

Also, I think the best thing about his Safety is that he left his WR because he thought it was clearly a run play, but in reality, it was a play action pass... he was lucky not to give up a 95+ yard TD but he's respect to keep going 100% with the error worked as he got the safety!

Yes, at some point Gute is going to have to reload and stop resigning everyone...

I'm thinking this could be the Packers last year with Rodgers, Preston Smith, and 2 of the following Adams, Cobbs, MVS, Tonyan

Originally Posted by: beast 

It’s sad, but true. Winning is great, but out prices your best players. I have a feeling that we will see the last of our dominance in the division after this season. We just can’t afford to pay all these guys top money. It will leave nothing for the rest oh the team.
This is the last shot at a Super Bowl for a long time.
It’s now or never in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
 FB_IMG_1627774223950.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I don't like being up against the cap. We need to win something, since we're spending like this.

Gonna be tight next yesr too. After that, the cap will go up. Losing Aaron's cap space will help, but I think we pushed some of his cash into the future. I don't like that either.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
2 years ago

FB_IMG_1627774223950.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I don't like being up against the cap. We need to win something, since we're spending like this.

Gonna be tight next yesr too. After that, the cap will go up. Losing Aaron's cap space will help, but I think we pushed some of his cash into the future. I don't like that either.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

So you're like goldilocks? You don't want the cap too loose or too tight, but some magical just right? ;)

I'm just kidding, we're all probably that way, those what is just right probably different from person to person.

I still wish the media would view cap numbers in different ways. Instead of just one year, one cap number.

But who has the most cap space in the projected in the next two to four (three) years?

Why? Because with the NFL according rules related to signing bonuses, almost all multi-year contracts are automatically back loaded in terms of cap accounting.

So really it's not so much cap space you have this year, but how much you have in the coming years to spend, though you need to save some too.

But next year the Packers will probably have to trade Rodgers, release Preston Smith contract just to get under the cap limit... and that's before considering to resign FAs such as Adams, Tonyan, MVS, St. Brown, Funchess, Patrick, King, Sullivan, Jackson, Redmond, P Scott and LS Bradley.

Probably need to draft another WR/TE and CB... and at least consider rookie contracts to potential get cheaper Punter and LS, at a minimum.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
We gotta enjoy this season. I think next one or two will be reloading.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yep! I'm just trying to predict what's going to happen next offseason to a degree. Just killing time until we get to see some preseason games.

Though this season is a tough road with NFC West and AFC North... probably two of the most physical divisions... which is you can to the playoffs healthy, will probably best prepare one for a longer playoff run.

Also, if we're rebuilding or reloading in 2022, it might be helpful that we're then facing the NFC East. Though also the AFC East which looks young but up and coming in the next few years.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

So you're like goldilocks? You don't want the cap too loose or too tight, but some magical just right? ;)

I'm just kidding, we're all probably that way, those what is just right probably different from person to person.

I still wish the media would view cap numbers in different ways. Instead of just one year, one cap number.

But who has the most cap space in the projected in the next two to four (three) years?

Why? Because with the NFL according rules related to signing bonuses, almost all multi-year contracts are automatically back loaded in terms of cap accounting.

So really it's not so much cap space you have this year, but how much you have in the coming years to spend, though you need to save some too.

But next year the Packers will probably have to trade Rodgers, release Preston Smith contract just to get under the cap limit... and that's before considering to resign FAs such as Adams, Tonyan, MVS, St. Brown, Funchess, Patrick, King, Sullivan, Jackson, Redmond, P Scott and LS Bradley.

Probably need to draft another WR/TE and CB... and at least consider rookie contracts to potential get cheaper Punter and LS, at a minimum.

Post-practice notebook, July 31st: Simon Stepaniak placed on reserve/retired list, NFL Network comes to town 

James Jones also talked to Davante Adams, who named Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins and Keenan Allen as players he studies and considers the other top receivers in the league. James later told Adams, “I’m going to call Russ Ball and tell him $25 mil a year. Is you cool with that?” Adams responded, “That’s it? 25? Look, man, the stage has been set. [DeAndre Hopkins set the stage, whether or not they want to respect that number or whatever...nah, I’m just playing ball. You’re trying to get me in trouble.”

Like you pointed out in another thread, the Hopkins contract has screwed up the market. I think Adams is gone after next year. Throw in Rodgers and P Smith. Maybe Lowry and Turner (Bahk+Jenkins still around after this year with guys like Runyan, Royce and Myers+maybe Dennis Kelly?) as well. Out of the players you listed, I think only MVS and Tonyan will be around next year for sure and maybe Scott+Bradley.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yep! I'm just trying to predict what's going to happen next offseason to a degree. Just killing time until we get to see some preseason games.

Though this season is a tough road with NFC West and AFC North... probably two of the most physical divisions... which is you can to the playoffs healthy, will probably best prepare one for a longer playoff run.

Also, if we're rebuilding or reloading in 2022, it might be helpful that we're then facing the NFC East. Though also the AFC East which looks young but up and coming in the next few years.

Gutes 2019 FA class is set to run out after 2022 and guys like Aaron Jones and Bahk can be cut with marginal dead cap hits from what I understand of their contracts. If by some miracle Rodgers is still around after this year I can't see him back after 2022. Next years draft is gonna be interesting. Before the Rodgers drama I thought two of the first four picks would be a Edge Rusher and a S to fill gaps after Z and Amos' contracts run out. Now I'm not sure. Maybe Z sticks around while Amos walks (Edge rusher over S)? Both are 28 years old as of right now. It feels money wise we're gonna move from Rodgers, Adams, Bahk, 2018 Free Agents to Alexander, Savage, Gary, Jenkins, etc.

Also the two of you, stop dragging down this thread with your negativity! Here's more Jaire goodness:

Jaire Alexander blowing up plays at/near the line of scrimmage 

UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

Also the two of you, stop dragging down this thread with your negativity!

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

My negative? You're the one talking the Packers moving on from Rodgers, Adams, P. Smith, Lowry, Turner, Aaron Jones, Bak, Z. Smith and Amos

I think that's more negative than what I said... I think Bak, Z. Smith, Aaron Jones, Amos and maybe Turner are sticking around.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

My negative? You're the one talking the Packers moving on from Rodgers, Adams, P. Smith, Lowry, Turner, Aaron Jones, Bak, Z. Smith and Amos

I think that's more negative than what I said... I think Bak, Z. Smith, Aaron Jones, Amos and maybe Turner are sticking around.

Ops! I guess I wasn't being sarcastic/tongue in check enough 😅
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.