Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2021-07-27T18:24:08Z
Patrick Finley wrote:

The Bears’ return for receiver Anthony Miller was predictably paltry. The Bears’ return for receiver Anthony Miller was predictably paltry. The trade, …

Continue Reading @ Patrick Finley 

Bears net a 5th-rounder from Texans for Anthony Miller and a 7th. That tells me if the Packers want Randall Cobb, it won't cost a helluva lot of draft capital.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-27T18:28:08Z
Chris Brockman @chrisbrockman -- source tells me Randall Cobb back to the #Packers is a done deal. announcement coming soon. #NFL

Oh boy.

Also reading that Marquez Valdes-Scantling might be traded. Speculation only.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-07-27T18:31:32Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Chris Brockman @chrisbrockman -- source tells me Randall Cobb back to the #Packers is a done deal. announcement coming soon. #NFL

Oh boy.

Gag me if this is true.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
2021-07-27T19:25:38Z
Cobb coming back doesn’t upset me.
If MVS is traded, THAT would upset me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-27T19:33:37Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Cobb coming back doesn’t upset me.
If MVS is traded, THAT would upset me.

I don't know if that's true. It's speculation on my part. Someone said the picture of a guy walking out of the facility with stuff was MVS. Why he would be walking out with stuff is curious, since everyone empties their locker at the end of the season and training camp starts tomorrow. So, what the hell would he have?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-07-27T19:43:42Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I don't know if that's true. It's speculation on my part. Someone said the picture of a guy walking out of the facility with stuff was MVS. Why he would be walking out with stuff is curious, since everyone empties their locker at the end of the season and training camp starts tomorrow. So, what the hell would he have?

If they get Cobb, I will be very disgusted.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2021-07-27T19:46:07Z
Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If they get Cobb, I will be very disgusted.

I won't be disgusted. Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers asked for Cobb, but I don't think his return was contingent on getting Cobb. I'm more so waiting to see what the compensation.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-07-27T19:53:03Z
 Screenshot_20210727-144312_Twitter.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

If this is true, I just lost all confidence in this front office. The coke based douchebag says JUMP and you say HOW HIGH?
Zero2Cool
2021-07-27T20:27:38Z

Screenshot_20210727-144312_Twitter.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

If this is true, I just lost all confidence in this front office. The coke based douchebag says JUMP and you say HOW HIGH?

Your venom is really discerning. I'm battling massive depression right now with some wicked anxiety and I can't even spew things like this.

For anyone wanting to read the article in the image. here.

https://www.espn.com/blo...-packers/post/_/id/50987 

Edit, it should also be mentioned that Matt LaFleur spoke very highly of Randall Cobb.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2021-07-27T20:32:23Z
"Welcome to the NBA."

If anything, this team should punish this douchebag, rather than anointing him.

Remember when Jim Ringo got an agent?
Cheesey
2021-07-27T23:41:55Z

Ooo! Oooo! Oooo! Mr. Kotter!
I got it! Lombardi told Ringo and his agent “You guys are at the wrong desk. You don’t work here anymore.” Or something close to that.🤪
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-07-27T23:52:00Z
Cobb is going on 31. And with his injury, he didn’t play that much last year.
If healthy, he could be a good help. Having him and Amari on the team, it could open up new possibilities. Rodgers likes him, and that’s a plus.
All I care about is having the Packers win another Super Bowl. If it takes having Rodgers throwing the ball to accomplish that, so be it.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2021-07-28T03:12:57Z
I’d love to have Cobb back. If nothing else, he’s got chemistry with Rodgers. He would be a good person to have in the locker room as well. I didn’t like it when we let him go the first time.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
2021-07-28T05:26:58Z

"Welcome to the NBA."

If anything, this team should punish this douchebag, rather than anointing him.

You've never liked the guy for reasons that are still unclear. Did he decline when you asked him to prom or something? And now with some bullshit about him being a cokehead and all this, for fucks sake man, really? I've (unfortunately) known cokeheads, if anything Aaron Rodgers smokes weed, have you ever listed to the guy talk?

Like it or not, Aaron Rodgers is a generational talent. A guy a team should consider bending the rules for, go out of their way to make sure is happy, etc. He's not perfect by any means and oh boy does that 1-4 NFCG record look bad. But he's one of the best QBs of all time, has won a superbowl, owns the all-time passer rating record by an absurd margin (though Mahomes should smash that if he can stay healthy/consistently perform at a high level), and has gotten the Packers to 5 NFCGs, which is more than can be said about the vast majority of QBs that have ever played the game.

If he gets his contract reworked, or has some say in trading for or bringing in a veteran in the twilight of his career... Honestly, who gives a shit? The guy has earned it. I don't even care if he makes demands to the front office and they oblige, stuff that ends up being kind of dumb like the Cobb thing very well could be if it happens. It's unlikely to make or break the season in any case.

Let's be honest for a moment here, the chances that GB's next QB will be even half as good as either Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre are next to zilch. Going further, the chance that they'll find a guy as good as either in next 20 or 30 years is pretty low. I liked and understood the Jordan Love pick when it happened, I hope he does well, and I will root for him, but oh man, striking gold on 3 straight franchise QBs is improbable. Is it too much to ask to savor what has been exceptional QB play for a solid 30 years? Do we really have to act so petty, spiteful, and entitled? Like if the Packer's don't win the Superbowl every year, every person in the organization is incompetent or on drugs?
blank
nerdmann
2021-07-28T06:25:48Z
Originally Posted by: earthquake 

You've never liked the guy for reasons that are still unclear. Did he decline when you asked him to prom or something? And now with some bullshit about him being a cokehead and all this, for fucks sake man, really? I've (unfortunately) known cokeheads, if anything Aaron Rodgers smokes weed, have you ever listed to the guy talk?

Like it or not, Aaron Rodgers is a generational talent. A guy a team should consider bending the rules for, go out of their way to make sure is happy, etc. He's not perfect by any means and oh boy does that 1-4 NFCG record look bad. But he's one of the best QBs of all time, has won a superbowl, owns the all-time passer rating record by an absurd margin (though Mahomes should smash that if he can stay healthy/consistently perform at a high level), and has gotten the Packers to 5 NFCGs, which is more than can be said about the vast majority of QBs that have ever played the game.

If he gets his contract reworked, or has some say in trading for or bringing in a veteran in the twilight of his career... Honestly, who gives a shit? The guy has earned it. I don't even care if he makes demands to the front office and they oblige, stuff that ends up being kind of dumb like the Cobb thing very well could be if it happens. It's unlikely to make or break the season in any case.

Let's be honest for a moment here, the chances that GB's next QB will be even half as good as either Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre are next to zilch. Going further, the chance that they'll find a guy as good as either in next 20 or 30 years is pretty low. I liked and understood the Jordan Love pick when it happened, I hope he does well, and I will root for him, but oh man, striking gold on 3 straight franchise QBs is improbable. Is it too much to ask to savor what has been exceptional QB play for a solid 30 years? Do we really have to act so petty, spiteful, and entitled? Like if the Packer's don't win the Superbowl every year, every person in the organization is incompetent or on drugs?

Therefore we should acquiesce to his front office wishes? Pretty embarrassing imo. Again, welcome to the NBA.

This has ramifications for the future of the league.
Zero2Cool
2021-07-28T13:27:30Z
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet : As the #Packers work to finalize QB Aaron Rodgers’ reworked contract, the trade of old friend & current #Texans WR Randall Cobb is also waiting to be finalized (with the cap in mind). All indications are both should happen, and that the Cobb trade was a specific Rodgers request.

UserPostedImage
beast
2021-07-28T19:51:40Z
I'm not sure why, but Rodgers and MVS never quite got on the same page often... it was like Rodgers didn't full trust him to pull the trigger early, and then when he did, MVS would be so down the field he'd have to wait on the ball and the DB would ha e a chance to catch up.

Also, of we lose MVS, then who's going to be the deep threat? Some games MVS' pure speed would demand that a Safety helps over the top... without that speed, those teams can have more Safety help underneath.

I think MVS was also the only WR to stay healthy all year last year... though when others got fully healthy, he lost more and more snaps to everyone else. Adams and Lazard got the most, but MVS also lost some snaps to St. Brown too, though MVS still had more.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-07-28T20:30:27Z
I'm torn on Cobb returning. I love the guy. He was wonderful - back in the day. He and Rodgers be mates and all.
Trouble is. He's getting old. 31 isn't a spring chicken any more. He's had multiple injuries. He plays the same position as Amari. What does he cost? In salary and trade capital.

5 WRs are locks. Adams, Lazard, MVS, Cobb and Rodgers. Are they keeping 6 or 7 WRs? Eq, Funches, Taylor and Winfree are fighting for the last spot. (I say 6. There are too many TE to got with 7 WR.) Even at his age he is better than most of the guys in the WR room but again, at what cost?

In the long run if it makes QB1 happy perhaps he will be more productive. If it's possible. Maybe more productive in the big games. If so he's worth a 6th round pick. 😉
"Well, they might kill you, but they won’t eat you." Uncle Teddy