Cheesey
2 years ago

Remember when Jim Ringo got an agent?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Ooo! Oooo! Oooo! Mr. Kotter!
I got it! Lombardi told Ringo and his agent “You guys are at the wrong desk. You don’t work here anymore.” Or something close to that.🤪
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
Cobb is going on 31. And with his injury, he didn’t play that much last year.
If healthy, he could be a good help. Having him and Amari on the team, it could open up new possibilities. Rodgers likes him, and that’s a plus.
All I care about is having the Packers win another Super Bowl. If it takes having Rodgers throwing the ball to accomplish that, so be it.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
2 years ago
I’d love to have Cobb back. If nothing else, he’s got chemistry with Rodgers. He would be a good person to have in the locker room as well. I didn’t like it when we let him go the first time.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
2 years ago

"Welcome to the NBA."

If anything, this team should punish this douchebag, rather than anointing him.

Remember when Jim Ringo got an agent?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

You've never liked the guy for reasons that are still unclear. Did he decline when you asked him to prom or something? And now with some bullshit about him being a cokehead and all this, for fucks sake man, really? I've (unfortunately) known cokeheads, if anything Aaron Rodgers smokes weed, have you ever listed to the guy talk?

Like it or not, Aaron Rodgers is a generational talent. A guy a team should consider bending the rules for, go out of their way to make sure is happy, etc. He's not perfect by any means and oh boy does that 1-4 NFCG record look bad. But he's one of the best QBs of all time, has won a superbowl, owns the all-time passer rating record by an absurd margin (though Mahomes should smash that if he can stay healthy/consistently perform at a high level), and has gotten the Packers to 5 NFCGs, which is more than can be said about the vast majority of QBs that have ever played the game.

If he gets his contract reworked, or has some say in trading for or bringing in a veteran in the twilight of his career... Honestly, who gives a shit? The guy has earned it. I don't even care if he makes demands to the front office and they oblige, stuff that ends up being kind of dumb like the Cobb thing very well could be if it happens. It's unlikely to make or break the season in any case.

Let's be honest for a moment here, the chances that GB's next QB will be even half as good as either Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre are next to zilch. Going further, the chance that they'll find a guy as good as either in next 20 or 30 years is pretty low. I liked and understood the Jordan Love pick when it happened, I hope he does well, and I will root for him, but oh man, striking gold on 3 straight franchise QBs is improbable. Is it too much to ask to savor what has been exceptional QB play for a solid 30 years? Do we really have to act so petty, spiteful, and entitled? Like if the Packer's don't win the Superbowl every year, every person in the organization is incompetent or on drugs?
blank
nerdmann
2 years ago

You've never liked the guy for reasons that are still unclear. Did he decline when you asked him to prom or something? And now with some bullshit about him being a cokehead and all this, for fucks sake man, really? I've (unfortunately) known cokeheads, if anything Aaron Rodgers smokes weed, have you ever listed to the guy talk?

Like it or not, Aaron Rodgers is a generational talent. A guy a team should consider bending the rules for, go out of their way to make sure is happy, etc. He's not perfect by any means and oh boy does that 1-4 NFCG record look bad. But he's one of the best QBs of all time, has won a superbowl, owns the all-time passer rating record by an absurd margin (though Mahomes should smash that if he can stay healthy/consistently perform at a high level), and has gotten the Packers to 5 NFCGs, which is more than can be said about the vast majority of QBs that have ever played the game.

If he gets his contract reworked, or has some say in trading for or bringing in a veteran in the twilight of his career... Honestly, who gives a shit? The guy has earned it. I don't even care if he makes demands to the front office and they oblige, stuff that ends up being kind of dumb like the Cobb thing very well could be if it happens. It's unlikely to make or break the season in any case.

Let's be honest for a moment here, the chances that GB's next QB will be even half as good as either Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre are next to zilch. Going further, the chance that they'll find a guy as good as either in next 20 or 30 years is pretty low. I liked and understood the Jordan Love pick when it happened, I hope he does well, and I will root for him, but oh man, striking gold on 3 straight franchise QBs is improbable. Is it too much to ask to savor what has been exceptional QB play for a solid 30 years? Do we really have to act so petty, spiteful, and entitled? Like if the Packer's don't win the Superbowl every year, every person in the organization is incompetent or on drugs?

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Therefore we should acquiesce to his front office wishes? Pretty embarrassing imo. Again, welcome to the NBA.

This has ramifications for the future of the league.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet : As the #Packers work to finalize QB Aaron Rodgers’ reworked contract, the trade of old friend & current #Texans WR Randall Cobb is also waiting to be finalized (with the cap in mind). All indications are both should happen, and that the Cobb trade was a specific Rodgers request.

UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago
I'm not sure why, but Rodgers and MVS never quite got on the same page often... it was like Rodgers didn't full trust him to pull the trigger early, and then when he did, MVS would be so down the field he'd have to wait on the ball and the DB would ha e a chance to catch up.

Also, of we lose MVS, then who's going to be the deep threat? Some games MVS' pure speed would demand that a Safety helps over the top... without that speed, those teams can have more Safety help underneath.

I think MVS was also the only WR to stay healthy all year last year... though when others got fully healthy, he lost more and more snaps to everyone else. Adams and Lazard got the most, but MVS also lost some snaps to St. Brown too, though MVS still had more.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
I'm torn on Cobb returning. I love the guy. He was wonderful - back in the day. He and Rodgers be mates and all.
Trouble is. He's getting old. 31 isn't a spring chicken any more. He's had multiple injuries. He plays the same position as Amari. What does he cost? In salary and trade capital.

5 WRs are locks. Adams, Lazard, MVS, Cobb and Rodgers. Are they keeping 6 or 7 WRs? Eq, Funches, Taylor and Winfree are fighting for the last spot. (I say 6. There are too many TE to got with 7 WR.) Even at his age he is better than most of the guys in the WR room but again, at what cost?

In the long run if it makes QB1 happy perhaps he will be more productive. If it's possible. Maybe more productive in the big games. If so he's worth a 6th round pick. 😉
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (55m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (6h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (7h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.