Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2021-07-08T14:29:12Z
When the Packers traded with the Saints in 2018 and received a 2019 First Round Pick, I wasn't expecting much of the 2018 first round pick at the 27th selection.

Original Trade

Then the Saints took a guy I saw lots of pundits saying the Packers would select, DE Marcus Davenport. And then the Packers made another trade.

Follow-up Trade

When Packers selected CB Jaire Alexander, I didn't know much about him. Transparency, I knew little to nothing about any collegiate athlete. I must say when reading about best CB's in the league and seeing a Green Bay Packers player who they drafted and groomed is quite cool. I'm glad they picked up the 5th year option on him (no brainer) and hope they can figure out how to re-sign him during 2022.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy with the Jaire Alexander pick.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-07-08T15:03:06Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

When the Packers traded with the Saints in 2018 and received a 2019 First Round Pick, I wasn't expecting much of the 2018 first round pick at the 27th selection.

Original Trade


Then the Saints took a guy I saw lots of pundits saying the Packers would select, DE Marcus Davenport. And then the Packers made another trade.

Follow-up Trade

When Packers selected CB Jaire Alexander, I didn't know much about him. Transparency, I knew little to nothing about any collegiate athlete. I must say when reading about best CB's in the league and seeing a Green Bay Packers player who they drafted and groomed is quite cool. I'm glad they picked up the 5th year option on him (no brainer) and hope they can figure out how to re-sign him during 2022.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy with the Jaire Alexander pick.



Well.....I guess he’s okay.....but he’s no Kevin King!



(Thank god!)😂
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2021-07-08T17:57:51Z
Gute working his magic. Jaire is one of the best CB in the league. If the new kid Jean-Charles develops they will have a a very good tandem for a very long time.







no signature
dfosterf
2021-07-10T00:10:03Z
I'm gonna root for Kevin King. God he pissed me off. Tighten it up, young man...I think you have the talent to do so.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .000018 % of the Packers
Cheesey
2021-07-10T03:14:43Z
Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

I'm gonna root for Kevin King. God he pissed me off. Tighten it up, young man...I think you have the talent to do so.



Oh.....don’t take my joke the wrong way.
Believe me, I’m rooting for King too, as long as he’s on “my” team. I’d love him to turn it around and be excellent.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-07-12T02:14:12Z
I've been a big Jaire fan since he was drafted (as my signature attests) and think he'll be remembered as one of the best defensive backs in club history. Like I said in another thread I bought some of his rookie cards even though I haven't bought cards in nearly two decades and I'll probably get a jersey sooner rather than later. I sorta wish they would pay him the big bucks before they pay Adams. The fact that Gute picked him and then turned the extra first rounder into Savage was a masterstroke.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
2021-07-12T03:04:14Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I've been a big Jaire fan since he was drafted (as my signature attests) and think he'll be remembered as one of the best defensive backs in club history. Like I said in another thread I bought some of his rookie cards even though I haven't bought cards in nearly two decades and I'll probably get a jersey sooner rather than later. I sorta wish they would pay him the big bucks before they pay Adams. The fact that Gute picked him and then turned the extra first rounder into Savage was a masterstroke.


I also got one of his rookie cards! I got it before he became a star, so I didn’t pay much. It’s got a piece of his draft hat, numbered to 25.
And my wife got me 2 signed Amari Rodgers rookies, both numbered to only 25.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2021-07-12T12:14:20Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I've been a big Jaire fan since he was drafted (as my signature attests) and think he'll be remembered as one of the best defensive backs in club history. Like I said in another thread I bought some of his rookie cards even though I haven't bought cards in nearly two decades and I'll probably get a jersey sooner rather than later. I sorta wish they would pay him the big bucks before they pay Adams. The fact that Gute picked him and then turned the extra first rounder into Savage was a masterstroke.



The amount of teams changing their jerseys and all the alternates has turned me off on jerseys altogether.

Getting Jaire AND getting the extra first round pick was pretty awesome.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-07-13T00:38:27Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The amount of teams changing their jerseys and all the alternates has turned me off on jerseys altogether.

Getting Jaire AND getting the extra first round pick was pretty awesome.



The thing with jerseys is outside of game day, when are you really gonna wear them? It's sorta like bringing your glove to the ballpark-something you do as a kid but as an adult? Eh.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
2021-07-13T02:50:42Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

The thing with jerseys is outside of game day, when are you really gonna wear them? It's sorta like bringing your glove to the ballpark-something you do as a kid but as an adult? Eh.



I ALWAYS brought my glove with me when I went to a Brewers game! On the possible chance at catching a foul ball! Which I FINALLY did in the late 1980’s, off the bat of Cecil Cooper!
And I wear my Packer jerseys whenever I feel like it....which happens a lot! And I just turned 64 three days ago. So I guess I’m just a kid at heart!😁
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-07-13T07:11:19Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I ALWAYS brought my glove with me when I went to a Brewers game! On the possible chance at catching a foul ball! Which I FINALLY did in the late 1980’s, off the bat of Cecil Cooper!
And I wear my Packer jerseys whenever I feel like it....which happens a lot! And I just turned 64 three days ago. So I guess I’m just a kid at heart!😁



Why am I getting the feeling you wear nothing but New Balance shoes? 😋
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
2021-07-13T15:28:00Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Why am I getting the feeling you wear nothing but New Balance shoes? 😋



Actually, I wear Sketchers! My wife found 2 pair my size at a thrift store at a VERY reasonable price!😁
(I HAVE worn New Balance in the past!🤪)
UserPostedImage
beast
2021-07-13T17:53:38Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Why am I getting the feeling you wear nothing but New Balance shoes? 😋



What's wrong with that? They fit, they're comfortable and supposedly assembled in the US.

Also my bosses have approved them 😉 At least if they're all black.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2021-07-13T19:40:33Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

What's wrong with that? They fit, they're comfortable and supposedly assembled in the US.

Also my bosses have approved them 😉 At least if they're all black.


The shoes, or your bosses?!?!?😁😂😂😂😂

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2021-07-14T01:26:22Z
Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Actually, I wear Sketchers! My wife found 2 pair my size at a thrift store at a VERY reasonable price!😁
(I HAVE worn New Balance in the past!🤪)



Damn, I thought for sure you were a "blue jeans with New Balance with his shirt tucked in senior citizen." 😁
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
2021-07-14T04:54:11Z
Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Damn, I thought for sure you were a "blue jeans with New Balance with his shirt tucked in senior citizen." 😁



Blue jeans?.....YES!
Tucked in shirt?....NO!
Funny thing is, I just turned 64, and it just doesn’t sound right! I sure don’t act my age! Then again, who would want to act that old? As I always tell my wife, I might get older, but I REFUSE to grow up!😁
I mean, what’s the fun in that?
There are times to be serious, I know. But life is too short to not at least try to enjoy some of it, and to make people laugh.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
2021-07-14T04:59:24Z
I wish I could wear shoes someone else bought for me, but I got weird ass feet and most are not comfortable. Oddly, it's usually that they have too much support. I got some flat feet I guess? Adidas is usually what works for me, and even then only very specific models, it's odd how different one pair of shoes can be to another even with just a slight variation in design or materials - at least if you've got weird feet like me. My poor wife is even worse with her feet issues - she went to see a specialist and they electrocuted her feet, I forget what the technique was called, but it helped for a while, though it did sound like she was making it up when she came home that day. Hoka One One's are about the only shoe she's found that is comfortable for an extended period of time (yeah, I hadn't heard of them until she got some either).

Sorry, back on topic, I bet Jaire wears shoes too.
blank
Cheesey
2021-07-14T10:23:12Z
Originally Posted by: earthquake 

I wish I could wear shoes someone else bought for me, but I got weird ass feet and most are not comfortable. Oddly, it's usually that they have too much support. I got some flat feet I guess? Adidas is usually what works for me, and even then only very specific models, it's odd how different one pair of shoes can be to another even with just a slight variation in design or materials - at least if you've got weird feet like me. My poor wife is even worse with her feet issues - she went to see a specialist and they electrocuted her feet, I forget what the technique was called, but it helped for a while, though it did sound like she was making it up when she came home that day. Hoka One One's are about the only shoe she's found that is comfortable for an extended period of time (yeah, I hadn't heard of them until she got some either).

Sorry, back on topic, I bet Jaire wears shoes too.


I enjoyed your comments! My feet are kind of weird, too! (Just like the rest of me!😂)
I have small heels and wide feet by my toes. Fortunately, my wife knows that. So she knows what will work for me.
And to get back on topic....Jaire DOES have feet, so I bet you are right!😁😂

UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
2021-07-18T20:19:10Z
Is there anyone who doesn't think Ja Money is going to get the richest contract for an CB in NFL history? Given his age, and frankly the fact that he is pretty much the top CB in the NFL, $100,000,000 has to be the starting point, right?

It presents an interesting negotiation for Russ Ball, no doubt. But I have to think the Packers will pay this many sooner than later (instead of, for example, choosing to franchise tag him).
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Mucky Tundra
2021-07-19T02:13:56Z
Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Is there anyone who doesn't think Ja Money is going to get the richest contract for an CB in NFL history? Given his age, and frankly the fact that he is pretty much the top CB in the NFL, $100,000,000 has to be the starting point, right?

It presents an interesting negotiation for Russ Ball, no doubt. But I have to think the Packers will pay this many sooner than later (instead of, for example, choosing to franchise tag him).



This is why I sorta with they'd not break the bank with Adams and use that money to resign Alexander.

Also, more Jaire goodness:


“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
2021-07-31T18:41:59Z

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to someone else today.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Jordan Peterson is pretty good stuff.
Zero2Cool (4h) : Fleaflicker Trade Rejected By fossilboy
Zero2Cool (4h) : WOW!!!
Zero2Cool (4h) : Speaks to immense lack of creativity!
dfosterf (5h) : I addressed your generous trade offer, btw
dfosterf (5h) : My fleaflicker moniker speaks to my older brother like affection for Dave
Zero2Cool (5h) : Well, your clown ass has "dhazer" in your name. Genius. Unoriginal.
dfosterf (6h) : Was mentioned. I, personally, do not care for it at all, and would very much appreciate it if you would just go ahead and cut him. Thank you in advance ☺️
dfosterf (6h) : As to your acquisition of a qb, the matter has been discussed here previously. While some seem ambivalent about you having Trevor- something about regular season vs playoffs
dfosterf (6h) : It's all quite confusing
dfosterf (6h) : First Jersey confuses you with me, then you confuse Jersey with me, O hott
dhazer (12h) : ok shit I am taking down the marine my bad
dhazer (12h) : hell i am taking jersey down with guys I picked up off the waiver wire including my QB lol
Zero2Cool (14h) : You got all ya wanted and still gonna lose!!!
dfosterf (16h) : Logical? Did you really say logical? You traded away pretty much the whole front end of your draft to a guy that you definitely want talking smack up in here, lol
Zero2Cool (17h) : Why would I start a guy I skipped instead of the one I kept? Logical. Try it.
Zero2Cool (17h) : You ask me that question? If I would have started a guy that I could have picked on waiver or the guy I have? What?
dfosterf (19h) : Regardless, give me credit for getting a rise out of Jersey Cheese. He's talking smack to Dhazer, because he thinks he's me. He hasn't posted here in 12 YEARS
dfosterf (19h) : Higbee, that dog won't hunt. Lol
dfosterf (19h) : Ok Hign
dfosterf (20h) : As to you skipping Tyler Lockett, I got nothing. Maybe you should have slept in
dfosterf (20h) : Actually a pretty fascinating trade scenario
dfosterf (20h) : Go ahead. Punch it into that mainframe Cray that makes your cape look more better. Guarantee Tyler comes out on top of that analysis. I'm going on a mere hunch
dfosterf (20h) : You have to pay for expertise. In this case. It's a small fee
dfosterf (20h) : If you had to start one today which one would it be?
Zero2Cool (20h) : lmao what the heck man, another waiver pick up that I SKIPPED ??
dfosterf (20h) : Trade is up.
Zero2Cool (20h) : It was a jog through.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Alexander, Bakhtiari Practice for Packers
Zero2Cool (21h) : Bring it! I gave you two gifts for your scraps. What more from my cellar err STELLAR team do ya want?!?!?
Zero2Cool (21h) : You need your damn eyes checked. It's not even remotely close to that and it's offensive you continue to say it. I've explained it. Which NO ONE in over 25 years has ever had a qusetion.
dfosterf (21h) : So, let's come up with another trade
dfosterf (21h) : But I am done worrying about folks personal preferences, so am done on the subject as well
dfosterf (21h) : It may be an overlord, whatever that is. but to me he looks like he is catching it in the keester by a little black dog. so I remain unimpressed
Zero2Cool (22h) : The avatar is an overlord. If you can't get that through your senile brain, that's you being an dumbass. Enough about it already.\
Zero2Cool (22h) : CB Jaire Alexander suited up for #Packers jog thru practice Wednesday. Same for WR Christian Watson.
dfosterf (22h) : It's just a one liner. 😆
dfosterf (22h) : It's just a one liner. 😆
dfosterf (22h) : Now we get to the true etymology of that avatar you roll with.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Only if Alan is gonna treat me in the special ways Jill treats you.
dfosterf (22h) : Then we come to Pack93z. I do not know exactly which individual or group irritated him enough, but he is welcome to run my team, anytime
dfosterf (22h) : As to me, I'd fire my wife in order to get that crazy bastard non stop drivel if he wasn't busy doing his doctor bs
dfosterf (22h) : I know Cheesey doesn't want to run a team, but perhaps he might want to run a team owner off the reservation
dfosterf (22h) : I think Zero2Cool should invite Alan cheesey to be his co-gm in fantasy league like I did with my wife
dfosterf (22h) : We knew Andy only Kev can't spell so good at times
Zero2Cool (23h) : QB Zach Wilson is back.
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Hammy's damn spell check
Zero2Cool (23h) : no revenge for T. Montgomery HB Leg IR
buckeyepackfan (23h) : Hummus? Hamme
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2022 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 11 @ 3:25 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 18 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Sep 25 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 2 @ 3:25 PM
PATRIOTS
Sunday, Oct 9 @ 8:30 AM
GIANTS
Sunday, Oct 16 @ 12:00 PM
JETS
Sunday, Oct 23 @ 12:00 PM
Commanders
Sunday, Oct 30 @ 7:20 PM
Bills
Sunday, Nov 6 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Nov 13 @ 3:25 PM
COWBOYS
Thursday, Nov 17 @ 7:15 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Nov 27 @ 7:20 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Dec 4 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Monday, Dec 19 @ 7:15 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Dec 25 @ 12:00 PM
Dolphins
Sunday, Jan 1 @ 3:25 PM
VIKINGS
Saturday, Jan 7 @ 11:00 PM
LIONS
Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

28-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

27-Sep / Around The NFL / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

27-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

27-Sep / Around The NFL / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2022 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.