Discussion Board
Zero2Cool
2020-09-14T17:06:59Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

Just because a player lines up as a FB does not make him a FB. You can put Boyle in the spot where a FB would line up doesn't mean he is.

When has a QB ever used as FB? Take those occurrences and compare them with the amount of times a TE was used as FB. Do you see how senseless the analogy you made was or do you just refuse to understand that I'm saying we're going to use a TE in the FB position? Should I have put him at TE and put FB in parentheses to indicate that I think he's a TE who's going to be used in the FB position?

The "true" FB the Packers had was officially changed to TE.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2020-09-14T20:11:45Z
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

When has a QB ever used as FB? Take those occurrences and compare them with the amount of times a TE was used as FB. Do you see how senseless the analogy you made was or do you just refuse to understand that I'm saying we're going to use a TE in the FB position? Should I have put him at TE and put FB in parentheses to indicate that I think he's a TE who's going to be used in the FB position?

The "true" FB the Packers had was officially changed to TE.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

*SIGH* Whatever you want Zero.

I said a long time ago that a TE can line up in the FB position. Still doesn't make him a FB. He's still a TE playing another position. If you want to call him a FB, I really don't care. Do it.
beast
2020-09-14T20:17:14Z
I think the only reason they changed the FB was because they changed the depth chart to get rid of the FB all together.

Delontae Scott is still listed as a DL, even though at 6'5", 246lbs, he's thinner than some SS. I believe Scott is an OLBer with the Packers.
Zero2Cool
2020-09-14T23:07:49Z
Originally Posted by: wpr 

*SIGH* Whatever you want Zero.

I said a long time ago that a TE can line up in the FB position. Still doesn't make him a FB. He's still a TE playing another position. If you want to call him a FB, I really don't care. Do it.

I call him a TE that plays the FB position. Just as I slotted him in the original post. Still not sure why all the hassle about it.
Zero2Cool
2020-09-14T23:08:31Z
Originally Posted by: beast 

I think the only reason they changed the FB was because they changed the depth chart to get rid of the FB all together.

Delontae Scott is still listed as a DL, even though at 6'5", 246lbs, he's thinner than some SS. I believe Scott is an OLBer with the Packers.

Or maybe they changed him to TE and since they didn't have a FB they removed the position? 😜🤓
beast
2020-09-14T23:53:37Z

Or maybe they changed him to TE and since they didn't have a FB they removed the position? 😜🤓

Maybe, but they got rid of the FB and added a 3rd starting WR role instead.

KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-09-15T01:43:44Z

I call him a TE that plays the FB position. Just as I slotted him in the original post. Still not sure why all the hassle about it.

A true tight end (not a Graham type) has to be, by the nature of the position, the most versatile player on the field. He has to:
  • have hands
  • have the size, strength and willingness to block LBs and DEs,
  • speed enough to be a threat down field
  • and brains enough to know most of the offense
.Although, he can play fullback, most are too tall to be ideally suited for that position.

In a pinch, which almost happened Sunday, fill in on the O-line.

In a sense, he is the decathlete of the offense.

Users browsing this topic
Fan Shout
jdlax (5h) : Big week for 2-0
jdlax (5h) : 1-0 and the lions are the lions sooooooo
Smokey (6h) : The Bungals? I tossed a coin for my pick!
Zero2Cool (7h) : Why did I think Bengals were gonna win this. 😭🙈😱💨💣
wpr (14h) : great news.
Zero2Cool (14h) : @ByRyanWood Good news for #Packers offensive line: Billy Turner (knee) and Lucas Patrick (shoulder) are practicing in pads today.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Packers Wednesday injury report: - Clark, Taylor, Ramsey DNP - M. Adams, Deguara, Greene, Jenkins, Patrick, St. Brown, Turner limited participation - Burks was a full participant
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : Packers signed veteran DE Billy Winn to their practice squad.
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : @ProFootballTalk Jared Veldheer visiting Cowboys
Zero2Cool (16-Sep) : ✔ @ClayTravis Breaking: Big Ten has unanimously voted to bring football back. Announcement this morning.
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Michael Thomas is expected to miss several weeks with a high-ankle injury, per @TomPelissero
Zero2Cool (15-Sep) : Lions are placing CB Justin Coleman on injured reserve because of the hamstring strain he suffered Sunday
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : 🚀😳🧐💯🔳😊🙈 Phone emoji
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @TomSilverstein LaFleur said he is still waiting to hear where things stand with NT Kenny Clark, who injured his groin.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : As @TomPelissero said, the Packers have lost Lane Taylor to a season-ending knee injury, a source confirmed.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : The guy is Marcus Davenport. he was not active yesterday.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @AdamSchefter Update: Browns’ TE David Njoku has a sprained MCL and is expected to miss three weeks, per source.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Saints drafted a guy after trading with Packers. How's that guy doing?
beast (14-Sep) : Last year the Packers released Lazard and he became our 2nd best WR, this year release Barnes and he might be our 2nd best ILB.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Saints WR Michael Thomas might miss our week three game with high ankle sprain.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Packers OL Lucas Patrick, who started yesterday’s opener at left guard before leaving with a shoulder injury, got good news on his tests and should be probable to play next week, source said.
yooperfan (14-Sep) : Perhaps Barnes will get more playing time and turn into the ILB that we’re looking for.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : @zachkruse2 UDFA ILB Krys Barnes was the Packers' highest-graded defensive player at @PFF in Week 1.
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : For some reason, I thought Cardinals beat 49ers twice last year, so I picked Cardinals yesterday.
beast (14-Sep) : 49ers defense has always struggled against mobile QBs, Cards and Hawks in the division can give them hell, and Cards have a ton of offensive weapons, tons of WRs.
Cheesey (14-Sep) : Me too Zero! I actually went to the Packers/Cowboys NFC title game in Dallas in 96. The plane ride home was awful. I hate the Plowboys!
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Fake noise is the lose. I want real audio. I wanna hear the coaches complain about a dumb play. I wanna hear the players talking shit. :-)
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : Cowboys. Always crash an burn. Never another option. Still bitter about the 90s.
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : I'm torn on wanting them to crash and burn or play well, reach the playoffs and then bow out in stupid fashion
TheKanataThrilla (14-Sep) : I thought that McCarthy going to Cowboys would make me hate them less. Didn't happen. Go Rams.
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : hey now, I said just on road team scoring TDs, not all the time
Zero2Cool (14-Sep) : I would rather they stop piping noise period. It provides nothing and blocks out hearing the players. Who wants that? No one. We want to hear the players say SIT DOWN BITCH
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : *wish they
Mucky Tundra (14-Sep) : watching highlights from around the league, i sorta with they would pipe in booing whenever a road team scores a TD
Cheesey (13-Sep) : Mucky....you mean the “Bungles”!!!🤪
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Typical Bengals, drive down the field for a last second FG and they miss. That's what I get for picking them
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : I really haven't paid much attention to anything this offseason. Did they lose a bunch of people or what?
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : 49ers suck. They're down. They be done. Run over. Next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : Are the Cardinals that good or is it just one of those divisional game type things?
nerdmann (13-Sep) : Time of possession was AWESOME.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : ELIAS: Minnesota's 18:44 time of possession today is its lowest in a regular game since the league started recording TOP as a stat in 1977.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Monday you can expect J. Veldheer flying into GB.
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : NFL Picks should be good now
Mucky Tundra (13-Sep) : It does work, believe it or not
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Does the chat room still work?
Smokey (13-Sep) : Cheers \_/'s
Smokey (13-Sep) : Cheers \_/'s
Tezzy (13-Sep) : Go Pack Go ! \_/
Zero2Cool (13-Sep) : Kenny Golladay is inactive. I was excited at first, then realized... Vikings are the enemy this week, not Lions.
Cheesey (13-Sep) : We haven’t had the normal build up for the game. No practice we could watch, no preseason.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2020 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 13 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Sep 20 @ 12:00 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Sep 27 @ 7:20 PM
Saints
Monday, Oct 5 @ 7:15 PM
FALCONS
Sunday, Oct 18 @ 3:25 PM
Buccaneers
Sunday, Oct 25 @ 12:00 PM
Texans
Sunday, Nov 1 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Thursday, Nov 5 @ 7:20 PM
49ers
Sunday, Nov 15 @ 12:00 PM
JAGUARS
Sunday, Nov 22 @ 12:00 PM
Colts
Sunday, Nov 29 @ 7:20 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Dec 6 @ 3:25 PM
EAGLES
Sunday, Dec 13 @ 12:00 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 20 @ 12:00 PM
PANTHERS
Sunday, Dec 27 @ 7:20 PM
TITANS
Sunday, Jan 3 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Think About It
Think About It
Recent Topics
6m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Cheesey

16-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-Sep / Random Babble / Cheesey

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / KRK

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2020 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.