Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Brian is still kind of green in the General Manager role, so I've decided to provide another cheat sheet for him.

Offense (26)
QB [list=1]
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Tim Boyle
  • Jordan Love[/list]
  • RB [list=1]
  • Aaron Jones
  • AJ Dillon
  • Jamaal Williams
  • Dexter Williams[/list]
  • WR [list=1]
  • Davante Adams
  • Allen Lazard
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
  • Equanimeous St. Brown
  • Reggie Begelton
  • Tyler Ervin[/list]
  • FB [list=1]
  • Josiah Deguara (TE)[/list]
  • TE [list=1]
  • Marcedes Lewis
  • Jace Sternberge
  • Robert Tonyan[/list]
  • OT [list=1]
  • David Bakhtiari [*]Billy Turner [*]Yosh Nijman[/list]
  • OG [list=1][*]Elgton Jenkins [*]Lane Taylor [*]Jon Runyan [*]Alex Light[/list]C [list=1][*]Corey Linsley [*]Jake Hanson[/list]Defense (24)DL [list=1][*]Kenny Clark [*]Montravius Adams [*]Dean Lowry [*]Kingsley Keke [*]Tyler Lancaster[/list]LB [list=1][*]Za'Darius Smith [*]Preston Smith [*]Christian Kirskey [*]Kamal Martin [*]Rashan Gary [*]Ty Summers [*]Tim Williams [*]Jonathan Garvin [*]Oren Burks[/list]CB [list=1][*]Jaire Alexander [*]Kevin King [*]Josh Jackson [*]Chandon Sullivan [*]Ka'dar Hollman[/list]S [list=1][*]Darnell Savage [*]Adrian Amos [*]Raven Greene [*]Vernon Scott [*]Will Redmond[/list]Special Teams (3)[list=1][*]K Mason Crosby [*]JK Scott [*]Hunter Bradley[/list]DISCLAIMER: Normally, my struggle is cutting down to 53. This time I had trouble finding 53. 😑
    UserPostedImage
    beast
    3 years ago

Brian is still kind of green in the General Manager role, so I've decided to

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Oh your so kind, bless your heart ❤️

DISCLAIMER: Normally, my struggle is cutting down to 53. This time I had trouble finding 53. 😑

Yeah, I was shocked how I had 25 guys on defense with just one round of cuts, didn't have to make another change, it was strange.

Looks like 92.45% of our mock 53 man roster agree with each other, or 49 of 53, with the difference between our 53 mock drafts being

Zero2Cool
    [list=1]
  • OT Yosh Nijman
  • OG Alex Light
  • WR Reggie Begelton
  • RB Dexter Williams[/list]
  • Beast[list=1]
  • OT Rick Wagner
  • OC Lucas Patrick
  • WR Jake Kumerow
  • CB Stanford Samuels III[/list]
  • Thoughts/Questions[list=1]
  • Zero2Cool, did OT Rick Wagner get traded or released in your cheat sheet for Gutekunst?
  • I think they very well could keep a backup OT (which Light has been working as the 2nd team LT) over either IOL Lucas Patrick or Jake Hanson.
  • I just think having both Patrick and Hanson would help losing Linsley in FA next off-season, where none of these bubble guys would help if they lose Bak (could Veldheer be signed after they cut to 53?)

Also maybe they surprise and only go with 8 OL if they really want RB Dexter Williams or FB John Lovettt.

• WR Jake Kumerow is a guy to they could release, but I think he's currently in the lead of the bubble WRs, as there have been almost no sustained hype of what the other WRs were doing. Reggie Begelton got early hype, but sounds like it didn't transfer to the field. WR Malik Taylor has flashed here and there. Then recently Darrius Shepherd.

• But if they do release Kumerow, I'm currently thinking more 5 WRs and keeping RB Dexter Williams or FB John Lovettt.

[*]I think almost all NFL teams are normally keeping 6 CBs unless they're horrible, which you might make a case for, but I think they'll keep 6, if nothing else, they can sign Tramon Williams or Prince Amukamara, which will be better than our 6th guy, or just go look for another STer.[/list]
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago

Oh your so kind, bless your heart ❤️

Originally Posted by: beast 

Hey, what can I say? I'm a generous fella!

I tried to break down the four pieces I think you outlined.

Jake Kumerow
    I think without the preseason, the end of the line is 2020 for Jake Kumerow. I kind of went with someone I thought could provide more upside (Reggie Begelton) and might contribute on special teams coverage.

Rick Wagner
    The emergence of Lane Taylor has me thinking he's gonna be locked in at G and they are going to kick Billy Turner to RT and with the plethora of TE's we have, he'll get "chip help" from a TE. I think releasing Wagner saves us money and I would consider him a candidate to be re-signed after Week 1 to avoid the full salary. If that's how that even works, which I could be wrong.

Alex Light
    I feel Light filled in at T at some point and surprised us.

Stanford Samuels III
    I'm not familiar with him. I actually haven't heard anything about him. I also (for some reason) feel Will Redmond can kind of CB/S.
    UserPostedImage
    beast
    3 years ago
    Looks like releasing or trading Wagner seems to lose cap space over two years according to spotrac (yes you can gain some cap this year, but you lose more than you gained next year)
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/ricky-wagner-12450/# 

UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago

Looks like releasing or trading Wagner seems to lose cap space over two years according to spotrac (yes you can gain some cap this year, but you lose more than you gained next year)
    https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/ricky-wagner-12450/# 

Originally Posted by: beast 

Shut up. My plan is without a flaw!!!! (and apparently without any merit whatsoever, lol)
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago
    All in all pretty decent list. I have a hard time imagining Begelton making the team. I guess I don't have enough respect for the CFL. I went for Malik Turner as my wild card. But I guess it's all about the same.

As you note Deguara is a TE so why stick him in as a FB? Pick a lane.

I like you picking Nijman. I came close to doing so too. Just not enough information for me.

Like Beast points out, Wagner dude.
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago

All in all pretty decent list. I have a hard time imagining Begelton making the team. I guess I don't have enough respect for the CFL. I went for Malik Turner as my wild card. But I guess it's all about the same.

As you note Deguara is a TE so why stick him in as a FB? Pick a lane.

I like you picking Nijman. I came close to doing so too. Just not enough information for me.

Like Beast points out, Wagner dude.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I think FB and TE are very much interchangeable in this offense. It's not like I put Deguara at CB and said he's a TE.

I'm only basing my prediction off the few things I've read. I haven't read much so even if it turns out to be 100%, it was completely whack.
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago

I think FB and TE are very much interchangeable in this offense. It's not like I put Deguara at CB and said he's a TE.

I'm only basing my prediction off the few things I've read. I haven't read much so even if it turns out to be 100%, it was completely whack.

It's probably semantics. A FB will line up in the backfield most of the time. A TE lines up in many positions. Tight on the line next to the OT, split out in the slot, occasionally wide out in addition on the wing in the H Back position. Only occasionally will he be in the backfield.

My guess is he is going to be lined up in a variety of places over the course of the season thus a TE.

In the long run if this is the biggest argument we have it's not much to worry about.
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago
    Vikings want to restructure Riley Reiff contract. Riley Reiff telling teammates he's potentially going to be cut. He doesn't want to restructure so this next comment is probably without any merit. Maybe he gets cut, maybe the Packers sign him for a one year friendly deal? Then they get rid of Rick Wagner (which Mike Clemmons just said there's rumors it may happen ... I'm thinking he just read my 53 projection to be honest).

UserPostedImage
    beast
    3 years ago

Vikings want to restructure Riley Reiff contract. Riley Reiff telling teammates he's potentially going to be cut. He doesn't want to restructure so this next comment is probably without any merit. Maybe he gets cut, maybe the Packers sign him for a one year friendly deal? Then they get rid of Rick Wagner (which Mike Clemmons just said there's rumors it may happen ... I'm thinking he just read my 53 projection to be honest).

They clearly over paid on Riley Reiff, that being said, they're talking about replacing him with a guy that's been on the team for over 4 years...

If they were willing to make that downgrade, they should of done it last year to save $10 million.

I mean I think they need to get some more cap space, and Reiff is the clearest contact to do it, but they both could be screwing each other if they can't get an agreement completed. And so they traded a 2nd and 5th round pick to get a DE just so they had to lose their starting LT to pay for everyone.

Against the Vikings put in Clark, Gary and the Smith Bros and tell them to go wreck that sh!t! They might live in the backfield.
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (14m) : damn those vikings
    beast (36m) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (42m) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (43m) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (43m) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (45m) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (7h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (8h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (8h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
    beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
    Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
    wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
    Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
    Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
    Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
    Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
    Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
    Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
    Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
    beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.