Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<567
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#91 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:33:22 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
We were lucky to be in a position to win the game as bad as we played.

Yeah, the Packers looked pretty bad in the third down 21-10. But I don't know that I'd say they were lucky--the Packers have returned more than one interception and punt for TDs this year, and that's not luck. But it did put a lot of pressure on our playmakers to make those plays--if either one was tackled before the goal line, I don't know that we'd have scored a TD either time.

I meant lucky from an offensive position. Our offense is the group thats SUPPOSED to score the points, and they were downright awful. Our D and special teams kept is in the game. But at the end our O couldn't get Crosby into better FG position. They had their chance to pull their heads out of their collective butts, and DO something in the game. But when it was on the line, they still couldn't muster enough to get the job done.
Yes.....Crosby SHOULD have made the FG anyway. But the O SHOULD have made it an easier distance.
JMO of course.
UserPostedImage
Offline Packnic  
#92 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 2:09:56 AM(UTC)
Packnic

crickets.
blank
Offline IronMan  
#93 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 4:25:09 AM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 56

crickets.

Reminds me of when Shaquille O'Neal would go half the season shooting 45% from the line. Then he would have one game where he goes 10 for 10, then he'd say that he proved all his critics wrong. LOL

This was a great win and I am happy. But my criticism of McCarthy after 9 games was justified.
Offline Cheesey  
#94 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 11:07:10 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 354

crickets.

Go figure.......Crosby can't make a 53 yarder in a dome, but NAILS his kicks in the cold and wind at Lambeau.
The kid showed he can also rebound from one bad kick.
That of course is a VERY good sign!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#95 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 1:43:18 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

crickets.

No Crickets what so ever... there was a noticeable difference in the intensity of this team this week.. no question about it.

We heard a few of the changes that Mike McCarthy and staff made this week in regards to preparation for this game.. whatever the entire scope of all those changes were we don't know... but one thing is for sure.. this team came out on a mission.. even the play calling seemed a little more balanced..

I know alot of people think the attitude and fire of a team has little direct influence from the head coach.. I disagree.. if the head coach and staff are fired up it catches on to the team..

Several laid back players had a extra snap to them yesterday.. guys like Tauscher, Kampman and Hawk.. all seemed to have had the fire in the belly burning a little hotter yesterday... know what I mean.

Personally game day coaching.. I don't think Mike McCarthy has been out coached.. did I think he played more to not lose than to win in some games this year.. without a doubt.. additionally I think we have been flat a couple of games.. to me.. that falls on the staff to keep these guys tuned in and fired up.

A+ for yesterday.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbpfan  
#96 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 1:47:39 PM(UTC)
gbpfan

Applause Received: 3

They played an A game yesterday,sure hope the coaches have a good one this week.
blank
Offline porky88  
#97 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 4:32:57 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 184
Applause Received: 348

Personally game day coaching.. I don't think Mike McCarthy has been out coached.. did I think he played more to not lose than to win in some games this year.. without a doubt.. additionally I think we have been flat a couple of games.. to me.. that falls on the staff to keep these guys tuned in and fired up.

A+ for yesterday.

I don't think it's a mystery that when you look at the last three games the Packers actually won, they ran the ball and it's not that they ran it well, but they stayed with it. Now against the Bears they actually stayed with it and did it well.

I think sometimes McCarthy out coaches himself. He's so stubborn that he sticks with his gameplan without making adjustments. We actually saw it again against the Bears except it was working and now was the time to stick with it. McCarthy and the coaching staff's true test will come when their gameplan isn't working and they need to make adjustments to win the game.

The team was well coached this week and I thought the fire they represented was a direct reflection of their coach. I think that much can be said.
Rss Feed