longtimefan
13 years ago

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=183321

College days^^^^ not a fumbler

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1113490 

Dimitri Nance is tough inside runner who is rarely tackled for a loss. He possesses a thick, compact build perfect for his playing style, and has nice vision and balance. He also displays good patience when waiting for blocks to set up and is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

Nance was a highly decorated running back at Trinity High School, a prep football powerhouse in Euless, Texas. As a senior, he joined current Bengals running back Cedric Benson as the only two players in Texas 5A football history to rush for over 3,000 yards in a single season, as he carried 341 times for 3,173 yards and 41 touchdowns.

His performance made him a unanimous choice for District 6-5A Offensive Player of the Year honors. The prep standout received scholarship offers from Arizona State, Houston, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State and UTEP, but ultimately chose to sign with the Sun Devils.

Nance enrolled at Arizona State in 2006 and immediately began contributing as one of the top freshman backs in the Pac-10 Conference. He saw action in all but two games, despite playing behind current Washington Redskins Ryan Torain. The first-year freshman rushed for 229 yards and three touchdowns on 56 carries.

Nance again served as a backup to Torain during his sophomore season, but made his first career start against Texas in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl after Torain went down with a foot injury. He carried 18 times for 48 yards in a losing effort. Nance would finish the year gaining 500 yards and seven touchdowns on 133 carries.

Nance saw his starting duties from 2007 carry over into his junior season. He started the first six contests of the season before giving way to Keegan Herring and Shawn DeWitty. He played in 11 games and carried 105 times for 410 yards and three touchdowns while splitting time.

After patiently waiting his turn, Nance emerged as the fulltime starting running back as a senior. He played in every game of the season for the first time in his career and led the team with 795 yards and six touchdowns on 188 carries. Nance also showed his value as a receiving threat, catching 28 passes for 216 yards and one touchdown. The conference coaches awarded his performance with All-Pac-10 Conference honorable mention accolades.

"longtimefan" wrote:

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=64530&PT=7&PR=2&type=scoutingreport&type=scouting#scouting 

Nance is a thick, well-built back who runs with good leverage and knows how to push the pile on contact. He isn't explosive when attacking the line of scrimmage and possesses an average first step, but he gets up to speed quickly.

He takes short, compact steps and displays impressive balance between the tackles. He's sudden and slippery in tight areas and has the wiggle to make a man miss and can create on his own at the line. He's patient at the line of scrimmage and showcases good vision and instincts when setting up blocks and attacking the second level.

Nance doesn't have the type of second gear to consistently run away from defenders in space and isn't quite as shifty once he reaches full speed, but he does a nice job of lowering his head and finishing runs. He's a natural cutback runner with impressive lateral quickness and range.

He catches the ball well out of the backfield and showcases good coordination and hands in the pass game. He plays with the strength and overall natural leverage to hold his own as a blocker.

He isn't a big play threat who can take it the distance, but he definitely is one of the more dynamic runners in tight area in this year's draft.

so doesnt get lost
yooperfan
13 years ago
Maybe he will be another Samkon Gado.
Samkon created some excitement for us during his short time in Green Bay and quickly became a fan favorite.
I'm looking forward to see what he can do.
RaiderPride
13 years ago
This is his first real shot. He will have the desire.

When desire meets opportunity amazing things can happen.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Pack93z
13 years ago

What I find most concerning is that the Packers didn't have anyone on their own practice squad whom they were inclined to promote.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Johnson has only been on the squad for a week.. so it isn't like he has a ton more playbook time than this kid will.

Second.. I believe they wanted to keep Lumpkin.. but I think he opted to get closer to home.

Still like Bell. 😉
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackerTraxx
13 years ago
I like the comments about lateral quickness, sudden and slippery in tight areas and his natural cutback ability. Let's hope for the best.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

What I find most concerning is that the Packers didn't have anyone on their own practice squad whom they were inclined to promote.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

or they don't want to risk cutting Johnson and someone picking him up because they feel they can survive with this Nance kid until Starks is available after his PUP tenure.

If they promoted Johnson, they risk losing him when they cut him to someone elses practice squad.

Maybe they feel they can handle it with Nance and Jackson and Kuhn as the RB's on the roster until Starks comes back?
UserPostedImage
RajiRoar
13 years ago
ugh.. right when we sign this Nance fella, the Jets release their RB/KR Woodhead.

wish we would make a move for this guy.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
musccy
13 years ago

the Jets release their RB/KR Woodhead.

"RajiRoar" wrote:

I'm sorry, but seeing his name made me revert back to my 5th grade "you said boobies...hehe, hehe" days :onfloor:
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
Both Shawn and Kevin raise good points. I'm actually not opposed to the Packers' bringing in someone from another team. I've wanted to see some fresh blood at the running back position for quite some time. I was glad to see Lumpkin go, and I've been wanting to see Jackson gone as well. Now that he's our starter, I wish him all the best, but I am not confident. I think we'll be seeing Nance getting more than his share of carries before the seasons is through.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I think adding this guy to our active 53 gives us another player to evaluate. Instead of banking on Johnson, we get to look at another guy, while still holding on to Johnson whom we can view on the scout team.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.