Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I guarantee that if Favre was not on the Vikings' team, you would not try to defend the Vikings like this.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

That's for damn sure. It's kind of disgusting how adamantly he fends for the Vikings. It sometimes fools me as to which team he roots for. Then I remember its dhazer and he adores Favre. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
I like that they're so consumed by the Packers. Write more, little bloggers! Write more!
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago

I like the part about Woodsons body finally realizing how old it is...

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Ironic, coming from a dude pinning his hopes on a 40 year old.

"bigfog" wrote:

Right?

"Stevetarded" wrote:

Thought the same exact thing
longtimefan
13 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Yeah where is he getting that from? He just won the DPOY last year, and hasn't shown anything this offseason that would make any person that has any sense whatsoever think he has lost a step....

I remember alot of people on this board were laughing at the Vikes wrs.

I actually think Camarillo was a good pickup for them, he is a Welker type wr.

Oh and for scoring they do have a decent rb to hand the ball off to also.

"dhazer" wrote:

Hop off Favre's dick.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

And you say this why? I didn't say anything about Favre. I understand you can't don't like giving credit to any other teams, or is it you want to hop on Favres dick?

"Stevetarded" wrote:

I guarantee that if Favre was not on the Vikings' team, you would not try to defend the Vikings like this.

dhazer wrote:

wow you pegged him pretty good
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
It is not the WRs. Their first team almost got Favre killed, he threw 2 picks, fumbled once and that "pretty good RB" had 3 straight stuffed at the goal line. Why? Because their line is having problems. Favre is also not going to have the luxury of easy games to work on his timing. They start out with SB Champion New Orleans Saints. It doesn't get a whole lot easier from there. He won't have a great year if they struggle to protect him against Seattle. Considering the meat grinders he will have to face for the first 6 of 8 games.

They also didn't face a full Packer O-line last year. Mathews had not developed into the beast yet and we were down to 3rd string strong safety. When we only had 2 to start with. If they had, they would have lost. They already almost lost because the dropped TD on 4th down and the bad PI call that robbed Woodson of an INT in the endzone. When they only won by 7. I think that gap has them trailing. Without Rice, it just got bigger.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
longtimefan
13 years ago
Since it takes 24 hours to post there if a new member, I tracked guy down on tweeter...and asked the age question about brett
Rockmolder
13 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

Yeah where is he getting that from? He just won the DPOY last year, and hasn't shown anything this offseason that would make any person that has any sense whatsoever think he has lost a step....

I remember alot of people on this board were laughing at the Vikes wrs.

I actually think Camarillo was a good pickup for them, he is a Welker type wr.

Oh and for scoring they do have a decent rb to hand the ball off to also.

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Hop off Favre's dick.

"dhazer" wrote:

And you say this why? I didn't say anything about Favre. I understand you can't don't like giving credit to any other teams, or is it you want to hop on Favres dick?

"go.pack.go." wrote:

"Stevetarded" wrote:

wow you pegged him pretty good

dhazer wrote:

But really, what he says isn't that weird.

Camarillo was a steal. Some of the surest hands in the league.

Harvin had these migraines last year, as well. It's bad, but it held him out of just one game the entire season.

Really, that receiving group is only missing Rice, which is bad, but not horrible. And their depth is a lot better than a year ago.

AP will keep on running.

That O-line is looking horrible, though. McKinnie making the Pro Bowl was one of the most ridiculous picks in quite a while. Even Vikings fans agree. Herrera isn't that good, as evidenced by DeGeare making a run for his spot, already. Loadholt is huge and a mauling RT, but he better not face any speed on the outside (Ugh, Matthews). Sullivan is no Birk, regardless of what these Vikes fans try to tell me and Steven Hutchinson, while still a great guard, isn't getting any younger.
bigfog
13 years ago

Since it takes 24 hours to post there if a new member, I tracked guy down on tweeter...and asked the age question about brett

"longtimefan" wrote:

LOL, any response?
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."
13 years ago
I think the bigger issue isn't Favre's receivers so much as his health:

MMQB 

Brett Favre: He's already taking injections in his wounded ankle.

After his so-so eight series Saturday night on the hard floor of Mall of America Field (I prefer to call it the Metrodome, because that's what we know it to be), Favre went into the trainers' room in the Vikes' locker room and got an injection of lubricant in the left ankle that has three times been operated on to remove loose bodies. "Like a grease fitting,'' he said.

Noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews did the most recent surgery May 22, with an interested party in the operating theater: Deanna Favre. "They took out a cup full of stuff -- bone and all these other loose bodies,'' Brett Favre said Saturday night. "Deanna watched and told me, 'If you don't feel a lot better, I'll be shocked.''

Favre feels better, but not really that good. He explained the arthroscopic procedure that happened in May and what's happened since. He said Dr. Andrews made two incisions on the top of his left ankle, where the ankle flexes above the foot, and sucked out the loose bodies. He said Dr. Andrews wasn't surprised a significant spur returned when Favre went for a re-exam a month ago -- but he was surprised it happened so fast. The Vikings will attempt to manage the pain the spur brings on, but Favre said he didn't think he'd take any painkillers stronger than Motrin.

"It's catching up with me, all this stuff,'' said Favre, who turns 41 in October.

"I asked you this a year ago -- Do you think you can last the season?''' I said to Favre. "And you said you didn't know. How about now?''

"I don't know. I have no idea, really," he answered. "My ankle just seems to get easier to sprain. I know everyone thinks the New Orleans game [the NFC Championship Game] killed me, but it was bad before then. Now we'll see if I can make it. My mind's telling me one thing, but my body's telling me something else.''

I've said this all along: This ankle thing's a little different that the weariness he felt a year ago. There could come a time where his mobility is so compromised that Favre won't be able to get out of the way of the rush consistently. It wouldn't surprise me if the ankle knocked him out for a few games this year.

UserPostedImage
longtimefan
13 years ago

"bigfog" wrote:

LOL, any response?

"longtimefan" wrote:

not yet

http://twitter.com/DailyNorseman 
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.