Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
I think this thread belongs in the NFC North section.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

I think this thread belongs in the NFC North section.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Nazi! :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
da Bears having receivers anywhere near ours is at best a joke and at worse, the guy's a crack addict. Hester is not a good route runner and as the #1 WR for them, that's going to hurt as Martz's system is all about route running and timing.

The other thing, Martz's system is slow to develop. Cutler will take even more hits than he took last year.

I'm imagining Olson will be pissed after spending 16 games mostly as a blocker and will be shopping for a new team if Martz stays.

The big question though is how good are MN's WRs? I think they're good, don't get me wrong. I just wonder how much of it was Favre and how much was them. How do they really compare to our WRs?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
porky88
13 years ago

The big question though is how good are MN's WRs? I think they're good, don't get me wrong. I just wonder how much of it was Favre and how much was them. How do they really compare to our WRs?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Sidney Rice is the real deal, but beyond that, I think Favre made the others look a lot better. Especially Harvin, who is not a polished route runner. He's a playmaker, but he'll do it in other aspects of the game.
zombieslayer
13 years ago
I wouldn't mind having Berrian on the team. I've always been a fan of speed but speed never pans out with us. David Clowney was our last burner and he didn't work out.

Berrian and Favre though for some reason or another don't seem to click. I don't know if they miscommunicate or what. They just don't.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
13 years ago

"porky88" wrote:

Sidney Rice is the real deal, but beyond that, I think Favre made the others look a lot better. Especially Harvin, who is not a polished route runner. He's a playmaker, but he'll do it in other aspects of the game.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree.

And the other benificiary is Shiancoe. Shiancoe is Donald Lee.

Just look for that major drop in production as soon as Favre retires and a young QB takes over. I know, a good receiving TE is a young QB's best friend, but no one uses TEs like Favre does.

Next to that, he was pretty average in most categories apart from TDs, yet, somehow, he's the TE in the NFCN right now.

Berrian was a bad signing to begin with.

And that's not my Packers side speaking.

He had one good year in Chicago where just about everything got forced to him (Name 1 WR on that 2007 Bears team next to him. Don't think you'll get further than Muhammed at 35 years old.)

Then the Vikes came in and threw a whole lot of cash at him. Way more than even the Bears, who had absolutely no one at WR, were willing to throw at him.

And that was obviously because the Vikes didn't have anyone at WR, either. Bobby Wade, 2nd year Sidney Rice, Aundrae Allison and Robert Ferguson. None of those were starting material.

That said, I like their receiving core. 3 deep, only looking at WRs, they might have the best in the NFCN.

I can see how you can put Rice - Harvin - Berrian over Jennings - Driver - Nelson.

In all other ways, the Packers have to take the crown. 4 Deep at WR, 2 deep at WR, 1 TE + 2-4 WRs. I just don't see how any other NFCN team beats us out right now.

I have to admit that I am a little scared off the Bears young receivers, though. They're nothing but potential and talent just yet, which won't do you any good on the field, but Knox looks like a break-out candidate, Aromashodu was very good at the end of last year, Olsen is a good, if they'll actually use him...
Formo
13 years ago
Rock, solid analyst.

The only thing I have to say is Shiancoe actually started having better production before Favre arrived. Obviously Favre helped his case, but I don't think there'll be that much of a drop off.. I mean; Early in the 2008 season Shianc dropped like 2 or 3 TDs, when he started coming into his own was later on that season. By that season's end he was playing like he did all of last season.

I like Shank more than anyone the Packers have.. but the Packers have better receiving TE depth IMO.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
You mean "Stone Hands" Berrian? Yeah, he's great. Along with "fast, stupid and can't catch" Hester. Those guys scare me.

Cutlers biggest problem remains his O line. Martz version of the run-n-hide is not going to work out without the "wall of human flesh" that Warner had in front of him and the hands his receiving corps had. Bruce and alphabet had a lot more than just speed. They had time to get open, an accurate, patient QB and great hands.

If Cutler shows patience it will only be one time. The D will take him apart and the backup will finish the game.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

You mean "Stone Hands" Berrian? Yeah, he's great. Along with "fast, stupid and can't catch" Hester. Those guys scare me.

Cutlers biggest problem remains his O line. Martz version of the run-n-hide is not going to work out without the "wall of human flesh" that Warner had in front of him and the hands his receiving corps had. Bruce and alphabet had a lot more than just speed. They had time to get open, an accurate, patient QB and great hands.

If Cutler shows patience it will only be one time. The D will take him apart and the backup will finish the game.

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

I hate saying this as I hate seeing anyone in pain and nobody deserves to be injured, but Cutler will take some hits this year.

I agree with you. Martz' system is not going to work in Chicago. It won't and it will be ugly. I see da Bears having less than an 8-8 record this year. They have a bad OL, an overrated QB, and WRs for the wrong system. Their best talent is Hester who belongs on STs. He's not Steve Smith (Panthers). Lovie thought he could be the next Steve Smith and it's not working, and it won't work.

Olson's talent will be wasted. I wouldn't mind if Olson started crying then defected to us as he's a decent prospect on the wrong team.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (9h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (11h) : damn those vikings
beast (11h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (11h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (11h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (11h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (18h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (19h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.