Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I've always felt God wouldn't put me through anything he didn't know I was strong enough to handle.

As you know, I'm moving to Greeley, CO. I have a duplex and all that is settled. There's a lot more to moving from one state to another than I imagined. I've made a list of things I need to do and when. Small things like internet, cable, utilities, etc ... to bigger things like Keiana's school.

Keiana will start school August 16th, so I'm hoping to be out there before then.

The hang up is Rebecca's mother refuses to allow me more than a month of having Rebecca during the summer. She says she needs her there for little league and swimming, both of which I don't feel are more important than spending time with her father. I've asked for the last two weeks of June and all of July and that's still too much according to her. So, now I can't leave until our court date, August 19th.

I'm trying to move all my stuff out there this weekend. Set up a moving truck, bought plane ticket back home, found a place to stay for a week or two while I wait for the court to be done. I'm hoping they reschedule so I don't have to see Keiana miss a few days of school.

I'm also still working 45 plus hours a week while trying to make these plans and working on a project with people who my program is going to make their positions with the company, less required. It's the direction the company is going, they know it already. But I feel bad for them.

I picked up a new vehicle last Thursday, but a few things stopped working so now its at the dealer again to get repaired. So, I kind of feel stuck at work.

All that stuff, it comes with the territory. I get that.

The part that has me near the edge of "can i handle this" was brought to my attention during lunch. I was at Pizza Hut with a co-worker when I got a text saying Grandma was being put in hospice and they were going to 'let her go'.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
13 years ago
Sorry to hear that things aren't going great... I don't have much to provide in terms of inspiration or practical advice, but you already seem to know that you have what it takes to get through this... You're just struggling. Just keep your head up, your feet moving forward, and little by little things will get easier and easier.
4PackGirl
13 years ago
it's amazing what will give us a little perspective, isn't it? one thing my dad always taught me was that no matter how bad you might feel you have it, no matter how hard you might be struggling...there's ALWAYS someone else who is worse off than you. i guess that's why i only have my 'princess' moments a few times a year now. lol.

you're an awesome guy, kevin. you can do this.
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Dad's saying to me was ... in concept don't get too big, but don't get too small. Meaning, no matter how good you have it, someone has it far better ... no matter how bad you think you have it, someone has it far worse.

I spoke with my Aunt and she says Grandma could last three days, or six months. Right now, it's up to how long she wants to continue fighting.
UserPostedImage
CDNRodgersfan
13 years ago
Man things have been pretty depressing around here lately and I guess makes you realize how everyone seems to have their trials and also reminds me when things are going smooth don't forget to appreciate it. Zero I hope this doesn't come off as shallow but I kinda hope the season would start already to give some people on here something to cheer about and lose themselves in if only for 3 hours a week
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
I just came from ManorCare after a call saying she won't make it through the night. I'm the only one who can reach my father and she wanted to say good bye to him.

Dad told me thanks and he was glad he was able to say good bye before it was too late, then he paused and said 'sorry son, i wish you had that chance and i know you didnt want to see grandma in that condition... i really appreciate it'. Just thinking of those words, that chance ... pains me.

I'm glad for my dad and grandma I was able to create that bridge of communication, it feels good.

When Uncle Jeff said 'little kevin is here to see you too mom' she started laughing and said 'he doesnt like being called little kevin, jeff' and she looked upward at me an smiled.

Grandma's not in pain, she's comfortable, relaxed and keeps saying she's "im ready to come home, Jesus, ill see you soon."

I want to be happy for her that she's going "home" as she says, but I keep trying to hold back tears of selfish hurt. She's ready, she said shes' ready ... its just hard for me to accept it. I've never seen someone so visibly close to ... passing before. She went from laughing a little, to barely breathing, then asleep.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
Kevin.....I'm so sorry for your loss.
I know it's hard. But believe me, she IS with jesus. I envy her, seriously.

I know it's hard to let go of a loved one. The selfish part of us never wants them to go. She knew where she was going, and was ready. Lots of people never get the chance to say goodbye before they go. And that makes it even harder on those left behind in this evil world.
Be thankful you got that chance. Cherish it. Even though it hurts (it never stops, you just get used to it i guess it was a wonderful moment that she was able to share with all of you.
UserPostedImage
Formo
13 years ago
Actually, I relate very much Kev. That is all.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
13 years ago
Tomorrow evening I, my wife and kids are making the trek to Mississippi to do something very similar.. say goodbye to her Grandmother and allow her to meet her Great Grandson for the first time.. it is overdue but life isn't always allowing, surgery and all.

Kev... I wish you well over the next couple weeks dealing with all of these different trials.. and I pray for your Grams.. but always take a small amount of comfort that she has lived a full life and is prepared.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
This was the second time Grandma got to see her Great Granddaughter. She smiled at her and Keiana teared up.

I am happy for her, she's going where she wants and how she wants. I hope the same applies for your Grandmother.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (15h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (15h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (15h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (15h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (18h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (22h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (22h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.