VinceLambeauStarr
13 years ago
Hi guys, Jose Mangeria reporting live from Ohio (I always wanted to do a douchey journalist' introduction)

So, with plans steadily formulating for 2010/11, is there any players that you feel will breakout in 2010/11?

I have a feeling that James Jones and Jordy Nelson will become much more prominent in this offense. Mike McCarthy's recent press conferences have indicated that both players (with a leaning on Jones) have been stellar performers at camp. Of course, training performance doesn't always equate to season production, however, with Driver in the true twilight of his career, I expect them both to be found often, by

Aaron Rodgers.

Who I think will better his 2009/10 numbers, and have some fun along the way.

I also want to learn more about Quarless.

On defense, I am hoping our linebacking crew can truly develop into an elite unit. I hope Brad Jones once again plays above his 7th round weight.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
beast
13 years ago
My Breakout Contenders for 2010/11 guesses...

Major Breakout

WR Nelson

DE Jenkins (I think he might push Woodson for defensive player on the team, just a feeling)

DE Harrell (stays healthy and has a pretty good season in a back-up role)

CB Lee (stays healthy and has a pretty good season in a back-up role)

S Burnett ( I think he'll be a starter by the end of the season)

Normally Breakouts

OLB Jones

CB Underwood

NT Raji

Minor Breakout

RB Starks as a 3rb down RB in the second half of the season.

FB Johnson as run blocker
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
13 years ago
I like your list. I think, using your catagories, B. Jones and Raji are as likely as anyone to have a major breakout season though. I would really, really like to see Harrell have it happen. I find it hard to believe Nelson will have a major, with Driver and Jennings ahead of him. Having a major would be very bad or very good for the team, it would mean Driver and/or Jennings were injured(very bad) or he beat Driver out(very good for the team, very bad for Driver). The others I can think of are J. Jones(normal) and Sitton(major). Also Hawk could have some kind of breakout.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
RainX
13 years ago
Everything is setting up for Brad Jones to have a very good season. He got a lot of quality experience last season, and with the strength he's added to his frame during the off-season and teams concentrating their efforts more to stop Matthews, if he can take advantage of a lot of the one-on-one matchups he'll be facing, he could have a very nice season.

I like the progress Nelson and Jones have made, but I'm a bit skeptical with just the number of touches that will have to be spread around between Grant, Finley, and the rest of the receivers. I will say that if and when the Packers go Five wide with Finley, assuming Aaron gets decent pass protection, very few teams are going to be able to matchup with that very well at all.
blank
13 years ago
Brandon Jackson - I think the only thing holding him back right now is his lack of touches. I know Starks has the eye of Rodgers and the fans, so this isn't a popular choice. I have always liked his deceptive explosiveness and running style. Starks had fumble issues in college which worries me.

Jordy Nelson - Seems poised to become a big playmaker. I just don't know how many balls he will get his way with ALL of the weapons Rodgers has.

BJ Raji - If he's healthy, he will be a dominant force on the D-line. He is a disruptor with incredible lower body strength. I look for him to make at least one big impact play per game.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
13 years ago

Brandon Jackson - I think the only thing holding him back right now is his lack of touches. I know Starks has the eye of Rodgers and the fans, so this isn't a popular choice. I have always liked his deceptive explosiveness and running style. Starks had fumble issues in college which worries me.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

That's a unique choice, and an interesting one too. It's certainly different from the sexy choices of breakout players (i.e. Jones.... who, for the hundredth time, had his breakout season last year as a rookie).

I'm going with B-Jack too. It's interesting that this off-season we saw some unusual things with Ted in regards to RBs. First we got word that he was looking at Westbrook. Ted drafted Starks, who was seen as an all-round RB who could run and catch passes from the back-field. Then after the draft, there were rumours from pretty decent sources like Patty at PC that Ted was pretty interested in RBs like Marshawn Lynch. She at one point called for a trade to happen in a few days (although, that never did happen).

My point is, it seems based on the happenings and rumors that this off-season Ted was trying to upgrade the RB position. Many people have been saying that we could use a RB like Bush, who could run or catch passes out of the backfield, or still go out and line up as a WR. In other words, we need some more production from our RB position.

Where B-Jack enters into the fray is that he is quite experienced, and has shown himself to be good at pass-blocking and exceptional at blitz pick-up. In other words, I think he has earned a chance to get some more reps. He has decent hands as a receiver, is a decent runner, and fits our zone scheme style of running pretty well. Assuming he stays healthy (which he has so far, knock on wood) then you'd think he'd be in line to get more opportunities this year seeing as his main competition is a sixth-round RB coming of an injury in college, who has again gotten injured during off-season practices.

In summary, if B-Jack stays healthy then he will have increased reps come his way. He has the talent to do some good things with those increased reps. I look for him to have a breakout year this year.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Dulak
13 years ago

My Breakout Contenders for 2010/11 guesses...

Major Breakout

WR Nelson

DE Jenkins (I think he might push Woodson for defensive player on the team, just a feeling)

DE Harrell (stays healthy and has a pretty good season in a back-up role)

CB Lee (stays healthy and has a pretty good season in a back-up role)

S Burnett ( I think he'll be a starter by the end of the season)

Normally Breakouts

OLB Jones

CB Underwood

NT Raji

Minor Breakout

RB Starks as a 3rb down RB in the second half of the season.

FB Johnson as run blocker

"beast" wrote:

beast you have been drinking 🙂 ...
Im going to pick on you a little here

- nelson hmmm he wont get the ball enough to have a breakout year
- harrell will be nothing more then a fat body on the field if he even plays else hell be tieing up space
- Ill give you lee (mostly just cuz I dont want to see bush and I think underwood blows)
- burnett - ok ya from what I hear hes good - so it wouldnt phase me if he took bigbys job
- jones errr only if mathews starts taking double teams all season to let jones get some free reign there.

- My picks are finley - we already know he will kick butt
- and jackson (last year you had a high ankle sprain at the start of the season) - he will get more ball carries and have a bigger impact then last year.
- I got to root for neal - he wants to prove to the team they didnt make a mistake picking him in the 2nd.
- and ya I got to go with burnett - not even sure whats up with bigby
beast
13 years ago
I edited the quote so it wouldn't be so long.

beast you have been drinking 🙂 ...
Im going to pick on you a little here

- nelson hmmm he wont get the ball enough to have a breakout year
- harrell will be nothing more then a fat body on the field if he even plays else hell be tieing up space
- jones errr only if mathews starts taking double teams all season to let jones get some free reign there.

- My picks are
- I got to root for neal - he wants to prove to the team they didnt make a mistake picking him in the 2nd.

"Dulak" wrote:

You might be right about Nelson but I think the other teams 3rd CB is going to have a lot of trouble against the Packers, even more so than they did last year.

If Harrell can stay healthy for 16 games it's a big break out, and I think he can play well once he does. The dude was amazing when healthy in college and he was good the 2nd half of his rookie year...

Jones big weakness last year was that he couldn't bull rush... well he put on some weight and muscle and gets more personal one on one time with coach Greene who just happened to be the master of the bull rush while playing.

And I think Neal has LB quickness and DT power... I don't know if he's going to break out his rookie year, but when ever he does break out it's going to be scary for the other team IMO.
UserPostedImage
tonyagnese
13 years ago
My pick for the breakout player would be in the secondary, Pat Lee or Brandon Underwood, hell I will even throw Jarrett Bush in there, who knows?
blank
PackerTraxx
13 years ago
I think Underwood has as much potential as any young CB we have...he needs to get his head screwed on straight.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (21h) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.