Rockmolder
14 years ago
Developing List of UDFA's signed by the Packers 

By Greg A. Bedard

SIGNINGS

* RB Quinn Porter, Stillman College (via NFLdraftbible.com - CONFIRMED)

6-0, 201, 4.48...Also returns kicks...First team all SIAC after rushing for 1,247 yards and six TDs.

* LB Alex Joseph, Temple (via Connecticut News)

6-1 1/2, 238, 4.62...Started all 13 games at MLB...Led team with 80 tackles, 49 solo. Had 5.5 TFL, one INT and one sack.

* QB Noah Shepard, South Dakota (via Argus Leader)

6-1 7/8, 223, 4.76.

From NFLdraftscout.com:

Rewrote USD's record book to finish his career as one of the top quarterbacks in school history...topped USD's all-time charts in passing touchdowns (77), passing yards (8,936) and total offense (11,133)....Senior season: started all 10 games for USD...finished season with 2,451 yards and 21 touchdowns on 188-of-297 attempts...also rushed for 500 yards and 13 touchdowns on 114 carries...led the conference with 295.1 yards of total offense per game (7th in the nation)...he was responsible for 20.4 points per game (2nd in the nation)....his 149.2 passing efficiency was second in the conference and 16th in the nation...averaged 245.1 passing yards per game, which was third in the conference and 16th in the nation...Packers scout worked him out in late March.

* OLB Frank Zombo, Central Michigan, (via Central Michigan Life)

6-3 3/4, 254, 4.75....Played defensive end...All-MAC first team for second-straight season. Had 34 tackles, six for a loss. Returned an interception for a fumble.

From Detroit News: CMU defensive end Frank Zombo (6-4, 269) had an impressive workout Wednesday, according to scouts. Zombo benched 225 pounds 23 times and ran the 40 in 4.71. He could be an outside linebacker in a 3-4 in the NFL, but he's also sparking interest as a tight end. Zombo ran routes and caught passes from LeFevour as a tight end and said afterward he's gotten some interest from NFL teams about playing tight end in the NFL.

* DE John Russell, Wake Forest

6-2 7/8, 278, 4.90

all_about_da_packers
14 years ago
Coming in for a tryout:

WR Shawn Gore, Bishop University (Canada)

Being in Toronto, I've heard of Gore a bit. Dude can flat out fly - ran the 40 in the range of 4.35 seconds. A touch taller than 6 feet, about 200 pounds.

I'm guessing he is getting a tryout as a KR.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
yooperfan
14 years ago
I hope they can come up with a punter who can actually punt.
doddpower
14 years ago

"yooperfan" wrote:

Porforis
14 years ago

"yooperfan" wrote:

Rockmolder
14 years ago
Calm down, poeple, calm down.

I'm fine with Tim Masthay and Chris Bryan competing for the spot. Trust me, we know what we're doing. 4th time's the charm.

http://twitter.com/FauxTedThompson/status/12368791840 

Trust the man.
doddpower
14 years ago

Calm down, poeple, calm down.

I'm fine with Tim Masthay and Chris Bryan competing for the spot. Trust me, we know what we're doing. 4th time's the charm.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

http://twitter.com/FauxTedThompson/status/12368791840 

Trust the man.

I trust Ted, but I'm not sure I do with Punters. Trusting him hasn't worked out very well in the past few years when it comes to our punting situation.

=(
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
The one that sparks my interest is the OLB Frank Zombo. I don't know much about him, but he seems to be the right size for the job.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Sam Shields ran a 4.33 at the pro day..

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html 

BTW.. solid list of UDFA signings.

Packers
Quinn Porter, RB, Stillman
Frank Zombo, DE, CMU
Sam Shields, CB, Miami
John Russell, DL, Wake Forest
Tim Knicky, DE, Stephen F. Austin
Jeff Moturi, WR, UTEP
Chris Campbell, OT, Eastern Illinois
E.J. Morton-Green, WR, Morgan State (Tryout)

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
go.pack.go.
14 years ago
I hope we keep Sam Shields strictly for kick returning. He couldn't be worse at coverage than Jarret Bush, anyway.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (15h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (15h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (15h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (16h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (18h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (23h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (23h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.