zombieslayer
14 years ago

Yes, every male is issued a fully automatic machine gun and 70 rounds (which he must keep locked separately) and he must demonstrate proficiency with the weapon yearly. There was a reason why Hitler never invaded Switzerland. It wasn't because that country was "neutral" -- it was because what with the armed citizenry, a complex system of tunnels, and mountainous terrain, it would have been suicide to invade. His vaunted Wehrmacht would have been slaughtered.

"Wade" wrote:

Not to mention it makes no sense to invade Switzerland when France is right there.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

+1.

We had a German intern years ago. I took him drinking one day and we talked about the usual stuff - work, politics, beer, chicks. Then, I thought I got him liquored up enough so very secretly, I asked him if he saw me as a friend. He said yes. Then I asked him if he trusted me to which he said yes. Then I said, "so, when are you planning on attacking France?"

He played dumb like they're all buddy buddy now. Yeah, whatever.

Damn. I thought we were friends.

A little German history for you non-history people - Germany becomes a nation in 1870. 1871 - they beat up the French. 1914 - they beat up the French. 1940 - they beat up the French. You know what they say about history? It's 2010. Long overdue.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
14 years ago
Who can BLAME them? The French are best known for the use of their "white flags".
Kind of the "nerd" that everyone likes to pick on.
Of course, WHO would the wussie French come running to IF they were attacked again??? Yup.......big bad AMERICA.
I say SCREW EM!
(Sorry for the rant)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Yes, every male is issued a fully automatic machine gun and 70 rounds (which he must keep locked separately) and he must demonstrate proficiency with the weapon yearly. There was a reason why Hitler never invaded Switzerland. It wasn't because that country was "neutral" -- it was because what with the armed citizenry, a complex system of tunnels, and mountainous terrain, it would have been suicide to invade. His vaunted Wehrmacht would have been slaughtered.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Not to mention it makes no sense to invade Switzerland when France is right there.

"Wade" wrote:

+1.

We had a German intern years ago. I took him drinking one day and we talked about the usual stuff - work, politics, beer, chicks. Then, I thought I got him liquored up enough so very secretly, I asked him if he saw me as a friend. He said yes. Then I asked him if he trusted me to which he said yes. Then I said, "so, when are you planning on attacking France?"

A little German history for you non-history people - Germany becomes a nation in 1870. 1871 - they beat up the French. 1914 - they beat up the French. 1940 - they beat up the French. You know what they say about history? It's 2010. Long overdue.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Germany got their asses handed to them royally by the French, as well, from time to time. Although a lot of that came before they where actually known as Germany.

Fricken' Wilhelm and Bismarck and their unification.

How are these numbers calculated, btw? The money that goes right from government to government? Does it include donations to Docters Without Borders etc. as well? We had a benefit thingy the day before HFHN aired. They gathered 41,5 million Euros. That got doubled by the government, so 83 million Euros should be going to Hati, right? Does that get accounted to the Netherlands?

Not that it matters in the end. What I did notice is that the Italian minister doesn't actually attack your economic input. He's just bringing up the same points which Foster made quite a few days ago and which we applauded him for.

Or I'm just not getting it, of course.
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Who can BLAME them? The French are best known for the use of their "white flags".
Kind of the "nerd" that everyone likes to pick on.
Of course, WHO would the wussie French come running to IF they were attacked again??? Yup.......big bad AMERICA.
I say SCREW EM!
(Sorry for the rant)

"Cheesey" wrote:

Well, to be fair, France paid for our revolutionary war. Sure, with an ulterior motive to screw over England. But still. I say we're now pretty much even.

Now other people when they call for our help, I say screw them as other countries haven't really helped us historically. I'd pull out of pretty much everywhere and the next time a war happens, we should let them kill each other.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Germany got their asses handed to them royally by the French, as well, from time to time. Although a lot of that came before they where actually known as Germany.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Yeah, but that was before Germany was a country. It would be equivalent to Mexico bragging that they defeated the United States because they won some battles against Texas before Texas became part of the USA.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Porforis
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

"zombieslayer" wrote:

+1.

"Wade" wrote:

How are these numbers calculated, btw? The money that goes right from government to government? Does it include donations to Docters Without Borders etc. as well? We had a benefit thingy the day before HFHN aired. They gathered 41,5 million Euros. That got doubled by the government, so 83 million Euros should be going to Hati, right? Does that get accounted to the Netherlands?

Not that it matters in the end. What I did notice is that the Italian minister doesn't actually attack your economic input. He's just bringing up the same points which Foster made quite a few days ago and which we applauded him for.

Or I'm just not getting it, of course.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I was no part of that conversation, what I'm ranting about is armchair quarterbacking. If you can lead things better, lead. Don't yell at someone else to "lead" better.

Bertolaso also struck out at aid groups sending millions in relief and hundreds of volunteers to help the struggling island. He said the forces helping Haiti were often more focused on public relations than providing assistance.

"Once they've arrived on the scene of a disaster, organizations too often think about putting up a big poster with their symbol on it, to look good in front of cameras, rather than getting to work to bring aid to those who need it," he said.

Maybe I'm missing something too, but this man seriously needs to stop his bitching until he does something to help. I fail to see what any of these aid companies are doing wrong. I hear bitching from people about flights with being turned away... Where the hell are they supposed to land? What else are these aid companies doing wrong?

I'm not going to read an entire thread. Can you summarize Foster's point for me?
Rockmolder
14 years ago
I wouldn't want to read the entire thread, either, but just look up the 3 posts by Foster. It's not too much to read and it pretty much states it all. This one isn't again any country as much as it is against the overall help given right now, btw.

http://packershome.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=7984 

The French get out as bad guys there, as well. Gotta love them. Lol.
vegOmatic
14 years ago
Katrina was Dubya's fault but Obama gets a free pass for being incompetent.
blank
dfosterf
14 years ago
I read his shit. (Guido's)

As Porforis stated...

It's armchair quarterbacking.

We (the US) is busting their hump trying to unscrew that place.

My armchair quarterbacking is for consumption here amongst friends, and it was in "real time" with people dying as I was typing...Not to make any political hay, and I do know a quite a bit about logistics and such, so was merely venting in a (big scheme of things) private way.

I (and the rest of my countrymen/women) don't need some Italian asswipe telling us shit about what we are doing/not doing there. I will admit that he had some extremely valid points, but I just don't want/need to hear it from him.

Go tear down some Vota Communista posters in Naples and then come talk to me asshole.

...And the French can blow me also, but you already knew that.

:tongue3:
Formo
14 years ago
Like I always say..

If you can't say something nice about a second-rate European nation that would have been wiped off the face of the earth twice in the last century if it wasn't for the U.S., and has brought nothing of value to this culture but wine and cheese ... both of which are made better in California ... then don't say anything at all.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
28m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.