djcubez
14 years ago

I remembering hearing Holmgren say he really wanted to keep Cribbs and that Cribbs actually wants to stay. I could be wrong, I just remember hearing it.

That said, Cribbs isn't worth the money. We wouldn't have a place to put him on offense with all the playmakers we have and Blackmon will be returning next year.

"dhazer" wrote:

You can't be serious even coming close to comparing Cribbs and Blackmon. Cribbs has been doing this for a few years now not just once in a great while like Blackmon. Cribbs is better than Jones and Nelson combined.

"djcubez" wrote:

I never said Blackmon was equal to Cribbs, I just meant our return game will be better once he gets back and that it's not worth the amount of money Cribbs wants to only have him as a returner. We have too many young players to lock up to waste money on a guy that will only touch the ball 3-5 times per game. Yes, I would love him but he's looking for a lot of money.
Rockmolder
14 years ago
@keepdannoamused: Now that he's disgruntled, could Josh Cribbs be a Packer?

@Greg_A_Bedard: Packers aren't going to spend money there. They'll draft one.
Dulak
  • Dulak
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
14 years ago

@keepdannoamused: Now that he's disgruntled, could Josh Cribbs be a Packer?

@Greg_A_Bedard: Packers aren't going to spend money there. They'll draft one.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

ST is our worst game - we would be wise to spend money on a KR/PR

Id be all for grabbing cribbs ... I mean we paid bush last year and the only thing he did was rack up panalties.
djcubez
14 years ago
I think people are also forgetting that Cribbs is still under contract with the Browns. Not only would we have to hand him a big contract but we'd also have to offer something in return to the Browns.
rabidgopher04
14 years ago
3 years left on his contract and he's throwing a little hissy fit? Definitely not Packer people and Ted Thompson would never bring him in.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
GermanGilbert
14 years ago
this guy is a standout for sure, but to be serious, he's only a special team player. he won't contribute in the offense. maybe i would spend the money he wants, but i definitely won't spend the 1st or 2nd the browns will ask for him. and i'm glad Ted Thompson is (hopefully) with me there.
blank
dhazer
14 years ago
Ya alot of you guys are right we don't need an elite KR/PR/backup qb/ rb/wr . I mean hell ladt time we had a good return guy we only won the super Bowl. Also why spend the money on him when there is a flag on every return. Plus hell we are in the playoffs we don't need to improve the team any.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I have no problem making a move for Cribbs. I just find it amusing you find the acquisition of a premium returner a better benchmark of general manager success than the securing of a franchise quarterback.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
Plus the fact that he is under contract and the cost may not be worth what it would take to get him.
If he was "free and clear" to just hammer out a deal with us, that's one thing. But we have to deal with the club he is on. And i'm pretty sure they would want alot.
And not necessarily cause he's worth it, but because they would know our need.
Kind of the "We know we got you over a barrel, so you will PAY" idea.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
This is a move you make if you want to push your team over the top. Something we could do. If we 'only' have to give up a second, we could still trade back or pick an OT in the first round.

And I have a lot of faith in TT's draft skills in the later rounds.

The only problem that I have is this one. If we do have, for instance, Cox on the board in the 2nd round, you already get a great KR/PR. Usually, these guys don't return more than 2 per season.

Cribbs has been averaging 1.6 TD per season. He's averaging 27.5 return yards while Jordy is averaging 25.4. I think that, with some decent blocking, Jordy can make enough happen as well, on kick-off returns.

And we have our dancing punt returner in Will Blackmon. Blackmon has returned 3 for TDs, while only returning punts for 1.5 seasons in his career. He's averaged 11.0 YPR on his career. Cribbs has returned 2 over 3 - 3.5 seasons and averages 11.1.

I think that we have the guys on the our roster, already. It's just that we haven't had any big breaks going our way and the rest of our special teams personel has been horrible. I mean, look at those Will Blackmon returns, that's all on him. The man barely gets any blocking.

I'd like to just draft Perrish Cox and line up with two on the kick-off return. We'd have a great corner prospect and some insurance for if Blackmon doesn't come back strong.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

31-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

29-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.