Pack93z
14 years ago
There was no major gaffs from him today.. sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the opposition..

I don't think he is a front line player.. but I can't fault him for his play today.. other than the false start on special teams.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Yerko
14 years ago
Agreed z93. He looked fine and like someone said previously...like a tenth of a second behind. He did have a nice open field tackle.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago

Jarret Bush had just as much to do with this win as anybody else on the team.

"Kyle" wrote:

Can't agree with that statement, sorry. Bush is a liability and needs to be gone.

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

Who's gonna take his place? Right now, who on the roster is better? If that guy is there I am sure Mike McCarthy would have him playing.

IT'S A FU#$%#NG TEAM GAME!!! YOU WIN AS A TEAM, YOU LOSE AS A TEAM.

What if The Bears would have won today, and the winning score was the td Woodson gave up, would he be blamed 100% for the loss, would he all of a sudden be a liability?

Of course not, but because Jarrett Bush has been tagged by some on this forum as a guy who can't do anything right, the only time people talk about him is when he gets beat. Nothing is said about the 90% of the plays where he does his job.

Look back at this game and everyone should be real happy the defense played as well as they did, because the offense did not have a stellar game.

A winning team doesn't have a roster full of superstars. Usually there are a few exceptional players, then there are the rest of the guys who go out there and bust their asses and do whatever they can to get the team a win.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
coltonja
14 years ago
No, he is not learning on the run he has been with the team since Favre's worthless game against the Cowboys (what 3 years ago? same game Rodgers came in for us) and he was just as "solid" then.

He has not improved at all. Seriously solid coverage? Solid game? The guy he was supposively covering had 8 catches EIGHT CATCHES!! Going into that game this Bears player had 6 catches in his career!!!

Stop sticking up for this kid if any of us posted numbers like his at our jobs we would be fired. And you say we have to deal with him this year?!?!? Why? Put in Bell or Underwood, they can't do any worse.
Bush is lost out there. Sticking up for him does no good for anyone.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Woodson was covering the guy who had the eight catches and the TD was on Woodson too.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Post repeated. Sorry. The site screwed up.

"Greg C." wrote:

You double posted, and it's the sites fault? 🙂 lol

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

The site said I made an error by posting twice in a short time span, even though it was my first post in several hours. So I waited, then tried again, and it showed up twice.

Maybe I double-clicked on the SEND button or something. It's happened twice in the past week, though it had never happened before.

"Greg C." wrote:

I've seen that happen, if you click the Submit button twice. First click, post is sent to the db, second click, it checks for that post, find its, returns the error message.

I just don't think one should blame the site for doing as it's coded to do, not allow flooding. 🙂 (im bias, i know lol)
UserPostedImage
Lynn_Dickey
14 years ago
Sorry, I did not mean to pick on Bush. I just found it very interesting and fustrating to listen to an opposing team's opinion of us (well their anouncers anyways) and hear clearly where are weakness is. THere was something like 3 completions in a row where Bush was covering. Yes Woodson got burned, but he also made big plays. You are right though, cannot get rid of him until we know we have an improvement. Clearly that coaching staff knows there is a problem (re the secondary coaches comments from a week or 2 ago). If/when we play the vikings again (or saints) they will attack us here.
blank
Greg C.
14 years ago

If/when we play the vikings again (or saints) they will attack us here.

"Lynn_Dickey" wrote:

The Cardinals could also kill our weakened secondary. It seemed like today Bush was playing the TE a lot and also playing near the line of scrimmage. This is what's best for him, due to his lack of ball skills.
blank
nerdmann
14 years ago

he does an adequate enough job (had a nice open field tackle), but he was never meant to be more than a special teamer. It's a shame we lost Blackmon and Lee so early.

"Scottish_Packer" wrote:

He's holding up far, far better than expected. After all, how many teams have an 8th DB who's that good?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
coltonja
14 years ago

Woodson was covering the guy who had the eight catches and the TD was on Woodson too.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Woodson covered him after he had already caught at least 5 balls.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.