CaliforniaCheez
14 years ago
This week you want the Chargers to beat the Cowboys making the Cowboys 8-5.
You also want the Giants to beat the Eagles making both 8-5.

You also want the Bengals to beat the vikings and the Saints to beat the Falcons.

Here is why.

Scenario 1
This week if the Giants beat the Eagles, and the Cowboys lose, The Giants, Cowboys and Eagles are tied.
The Giants are 8-5, #1 in the East with a better division record than the Eagles (they split the season) and the Giants have a sweep over the Cowboys.
The Cowboys have a head to head win over the Eagles.

If the Packers win they are the #1 Wild Card and a game lead over those NFC East teams. the Giants lead the East, the Cowboys are #2 Wild Card, and the Eagles are then the team on the outside.

If the Packers lose
The Eagles have a higher strength of Victory over the Packers if the Packers lose. And the Packers are out of playoff position. Giants lead their division and the Cowboys and Eagles are the Wild Cards.

Scenario 2
If the Eagles beat the Giants and the Cowboys lose to the Chargers. The Eagles then move ahead of the Cowboys. A Packer win puts them a game ahead of the Cowboys for #1 Wild Card.

A Packer loss puts them at a tie with the Cowboys which is broken by the head to head win. The Packers would still be #1 Wild Card.
The Giants remain out of position.

Scenario 3
If the Eagles beat the Giants and the Cowboys beat the Chargers. The Cowboys lead the East, the Eagles have the #1 Wild Card, and the Packers remain the #2 Wild Card. The Giants are 2 games back of the Packers if the Packers win and only 1 game back if the Packers lose.

In summary this week:
#1 priority is Packers beating the Bears.
#2 priority is the Chargers beating the Cowboys.
#3 priority is Giants beating the Eagles.
#4 priority is the Saints to beat the Falcons
#5 priority is the Bengals to beat the vikings.

After this week:
The Cowboys also visit the Saints, Redskins and host the Eagles.
The Eagles host the 49'ers and Broncos before visiting Dallas.
The Giants would visit Washington, host Carolina, and visit the vikings(you don't want to hope for a viking win at the end of the season.)

Clear as Mud?
blank
Cheesey
14 years ago
Thanks for writting that all up!
Later in the week, i will take a better look at all of it. Right now, it's too hard for me to hold onto all that info.
Great job though!!!
Just wanted you to know your work is appreciated!
UserPostedImage
British
14 years ago
Nice write up, but I'm rooting for the Eagles to beat the Giants. That way even if we lose to Chocago we're still in the playoff hunt. If the

As you point out if the Eagles win we could be out of the playoff spots on Sunday.

Scenario 1
If the Packers lose
The Eagles have a higher strength of Victory over the Packers if the Packers lose. And the Packers are out of playoff position. Giants lead their division and the Cowboys and Eagles are the Wild Cards.

The Giants are a game back and still on the bubble. The sooner one of Philly, NY or Dallas is eliminated from the race, the sooner we're guaranteed a spot.

I actually can see the Cowboys being the team to miss out come January, but at the moment the Giants are closest to the drop zone so I'm rooting for them to fall through.
UserPostedImage
CaliforniaCheez
14 years ago

Nice write up, but I'm rooting for the Eagles to beat the Giants. That way even if we lose to Chocago we're still in the playoff hunt. If the

As you point out if the Eagles win we could be out of the playoff spots on Sunday.

The Giants are a game back and still on the bubble. The sooner one of Philly, NY or Dallas is eliminated from the race, the sooner we're guaranteed a spot.

I actually can see the Cowboys being the team to miss out come January, but at the moment the Giants are closest to the drop zone so I'm rooting for them to fall through.

"British" wrote:

I still like the Giants beating the Eagles and the Chargers beating the Cowboys. The Packers then can be a game ahead of all of them.
blank
WhiskeySam
14 years ago
In scenario 1 where the Giants win, Cowboys lose, and we lose, why would the Cowboys be in before us? Wouldn't it be Giants as NFC leader, Philly as #1 WC, GB #2 WC? [strike]Once Philly has been established as WC1, doesn't that leave Dal-GB with us having the head-to-head tiebreaker for WC2?[/strike]

Scratch that, realized Dallas is still ahead of Philly in that scenario.
Nemo me impune lacessit
warhawk
14 years ago
I appreciate the write-up and I get it but my #1 priority is for the Vikings to lose.
I want to see them stumbling coming into the playoffs and for us to get another shot at them.

The sweetest of all scenarios for me is going up there and Favre throwing an INT on his last pass and we win the game.
"The train is leaving the station."
14 years ago

I appreciate the write-up and I get it but my #1 priority is for the Vikings to lose.

"warhawk" wrote:

really? mine is for us to win.

*shrugs*

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

mi_keys
14 years ago

This week you want the Chargers to beat the Cowboys making the Cowboys 8-5.
You also want the Giants to beat the Eagles making both 8-5.

You also want the Bengals to beat the vikings and the Saints to beat the Falcons.

Here is why.

Scenario 1
This week if the Giants beat the Eagles, and the Cowboys lose, The Giants, Cowboys and Eagles are tied.
The Giants are 8-5, #1 in the East with a better division record than the Eagles (they split the season) and the Giants have a sweep over the Cowboys.
The Cowboys have a head to head win over the Eagles.

If the Packers win they are the #1 Wild Card and a game lead over those NFC East teams. the Giants lead the East, the Cowboys are #2 Wild Card, and the Eagles are then the team on the outside.

If the Packers lose

Scenario 2
If the Eagles beat the Giants and the Cowboys lose to the Chargers. The Eagles then move ahead of the Cowboys. A Packer win puts them a game ahead of the Cowboys for #1 Wild Card.

A Packer loss puts them at a tie with the Cowboys which is broken by the head to head win. The Packers would still be #1 Wild Card.
The Giants remain out of position.

Scenario 3
If the Eagles beat the Giants and the Cowboys beat the Chargers. The Cowboys lead the East, the Eagles have the #1 Wild Card, and the Packers remain the #2 Wild Card. The Giants are 2 games back of the Packers if the Packers win and only 1 game back if the Packers lose.

In summary this week:
#1 priority is Packers beating the Bears.
#2 priority is the Chargers beating the Cowboys.
#3 priority is Giants beating the Eagles.
#4 priority is the Saints to beat the Falcons
#5 priority is the Bengals to beat the vikings.

After this week:
The Cowboys also visit the Saints, Redskins and host the Eagles.
The Eagles host the 49'ers and Broncos before visiting Dallas.
The Giants would visit Washington, host Carolina, and visit the vikings(you don't want to hope for a viking win at the end of the season.)

Clear as Mud?

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

In scenario one if we lose we are tied with the Cowboys and Eagles at 8-5 for the two wild card spots. The first tiebreaker is to rank teams tied within the division and then go from there. The Cowboys as you said have the tiebreaker over Philly so the Eagles would be eliminated and then it would be between us and Dallas. We would have the number one seed in the wild card.

Still, we want the Eagles to beat the Giants. If the Giants lose and we win we will be two games up on them with 3 to go. There is no need for us to be ranked higher than all three NFC East teams still competing for the playoffs unless we win the division, which is almost impossible. We only need to be ranked higher than one of them to get in. Keeping all three hanging around as long as possible only makes it harder on us to make the playoffs. If the Eagles beat the Giants and we win, we only need to win two of our last three, regardless of what happens, to make the playoffs.

edit:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures 
Born and bred a cheesehead
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago
Best thing is for the Giants to lose. They are the team behind us, which give us more room for mistake (god forbid).
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
warhawk
14 years ago

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

really? mine is for us to win.

*shrugs*

"warhawk" wrote:

I thought I qualified that with us going to the Vikes. That will take us being in the #1 WC position. I'm figuring the Pack to win out and for December to be as miserable for the Vikings as usual.
"The train is leaving the station."
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (22h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (23h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (23h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (23h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16m / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

39m / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.