digsthepack
14 years ago
Yes, but fortunately for our Founding Fathers, they did not have to deal with weapons of such horrific power, in the hands of mad men who are now able to deliver them in multiple ways. Different game.....

Rest assured, we will have another 9/11....and it will take no time at all for the politicians...especially the Democrats who have seen no fight from which they would prefer to run....to kiss more Muslim ass instead of eradicating the blight amongst them. I have no love for either political party, but find Democrats particularly loathesome and dangerous.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago
This thread is now 5 pages long and I am did not read them all.
I am proud of my Germany and Italian heritage.

But, in general, and am not pleased with how most of Europe veiws the U.S.
They want us to do all the sh!tty work but complain about how we do it and instead of offering to help out go out of their way to undermine what we are trying to accomplish.

On page 1 you mentioned Afghanistan and Iraq. (My son just got back from a tour in Afghanistan.) I firmly beive if every European nation your have done their fair share this would not have been the mess that it was.

No one likes to take medicine but swallow it and get it over with as soon as possible. The unpleasantness is only a short duration the benefits long lasting.

This goes way beyond the current war. There have been many times in the past 50 years that Europe in general (some countries more than others) have sneered at the actions of the U.S. (I am not saying that some of it has not been justified no nation is anywhere near perfect but certainly not to the degree that it has been manifested.)
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Europe has caused ridiculous amounts of genocide and oppression world wide, and for them to point fingers at anyone is absurd. They're like a bully who beats some poor kid nearly to death then scolds the doctor for not healing the kid right.

Although I said I was against the Iraq War, I do believe Europe should have been contributing much more in Afghanistan and had we not been tied down in two wars, we would have gotten Obama bin Laden by now. His head should be on a pole on the White House lawn.

Digs - I know where you're coming from. Where I'm coming from is I'd rather us not be involved in anything. Let the crazies attack Europe instead. Let it be their problem. Washington warned us about foreign entanglements in his Farewell Address. We should have listened.

This hemisphere was supposed to be our Sphere of Influence. We should have kept it that way.

In a perfect world, we'd be a heavily armed nation with no entanglements with anyone. Every citizen should have a fully automatic machine gun and if we get attacked...

Teddy Roosevelt said "speak softly, but carry a big stick." That's my ideology right there. Mind your own business, but if attacked, annihilate whomever attacks you.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
14 years ago

Just a generalized shoutout to Marine Brethren and some Belgian Paratroops.

I got five bucks that says I'm the only member of this forum that has ever even heard of Kismayu. That is just one small example of how a jarhead will roll through life. I rag on the Europeans, including the French, but it would amaze most at just how many of these types of ops occur, in just such a manner, almost invariably flying below the radar of our respective countries radar and consciousness.

Thing is, the jarheads and the Belgian doggies were paying attention, lol.

There is no oil there, btw.

Link 

U.S., Belgium Take Control in Kismayu Chicago Sun-Times | December 21, 1992 | Copyright

U.S. Marines and Belgian paratroopers poured ashore Sunday at the southern Somalia city of Kismayu and took control of its port and airport.

The seizure of Kismayu reopened a key food-shipping route. Clan fighting and looting had kept the port closed for months, reducing the flow of aid to a trickle.

With Cobra helicopter gunships over Kismayu and FA-18 Hornet fighter-bombers and A-6 Intruder attack planes streaking above, the first 180 Marines splashed onto the beach in amphibious vehicles early Sunday.
They were followed by 90 paratroopers of Belgium's 1st Airborne Battalion in U.S. ...

"dfosterf" wrote:

I knew that the Marines went into Somalia. I forgot the name of the city and that the Belgium paratroopers went in with them.
Back in the day I was stunned that any other nation had a part in the action. I would have expected it to have been British Special Forces or Royal Marines.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/library/PRBpubs/prb0731-e.htm 

What exactly do you expect from us? To throw our entire population over to Afghanistan?

Europe, in its entirety, is as big as the US. That includes countrys like Romania, Poland and what not. They can't possibly send you a lot of well equipped soldiers, if any.

I asume most of you don't even know, but there's a big difference between eastern and western Europe. Quite some parts of eastern Europe look more like Africa than the US.

And if we want to go back to past oppression and genocide by Europeans, please remember that you're Europeans, as well, if you go back far enough. At least, most of you. Yeah, you're right, you don't want to get judged by that. I'd like not to get judged by my 17th century ancestors who pillaged the world. Or the pre-war government who sent the KNIL to Indonesia or put down any rebellions.

I can make ridiculous statements like that. We've all people of all kinds of ethnecies living over here for ages. We where one of the countries open to jews centuries ago, and one of the most free places on earth.

The southern states, on the other hand, where hanging african americans because of their skin color just 60 years ago. Does that mean that you can't make any kind of judgement about racism? That you should just let it happen and roll with it?
zombieslayer
14 years ago
Rock - And the deep south and most of Alaska are 3rd world countries. We got parts of the deep south that are still using outhouses.

Europe's got 731 million people. America has 300 million. You can send more troops to Afghanistan.

By the way, we got slavery and racism from you guys. And this is coming from someone who more times than I can count has been on the receiving side of it.

Now, count up the Southern lynchings. Then count up the numbers killed in your genocides. Compare the numbers. The thing is, I'm not talking about the 17th century. I'm talking about last century, the century you and I were born in.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ท
DakotaT
14 years ago
I have a bad feeling that if there is in fact a judgement day, the caucasion race is not going to fare to well. Pointing fingers back and forth right now, quite frankly, is stupid. Europe and America are both guilty of imperialism, genocide, slavery, usury, pollution, and just about every shitty thing possible.

The caucasion race living now might not be guilty themselves of these things, but we most certainly are the beneficiaries from the spoils. Tread lightly in this fingerpointing exercise.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
14 years ago

I have a bad feeling that if there is in fact a judgement day, the caucasion race is not going to fare to well. Pointing fingers back and forth right now, quite frankly, is stupid. Europe and America are both guilty of imperialism, genocide, slavery, usury, pollution, and just about every shitty thing possible.

The caucasion race living now might not be guilty themselves of these things, but we most certainly are the beneficiaries from the spoils. Tread lightly in this fingerpointing exercise.

"DakotaT" wrote:

+1
zombieslayer
14 years ago

"DakotaT" wrote:

We're all guilty though. Pol Pot and Mao are just as bloody as Hitler and Stalin. Let's not forget folks like Idi Amin.

This is the basic problem - man has become so dominant of a species that his only fear is other men. The world is currently overpopulated. As long as we have people fighting for resources, we will continue to have war and genocide and fighting in the name of religion. That's reality.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
14 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

We're all guilty though. Pol Pot and Mao are just as bloody as Hitler and Stalin. Let's not forget folks like Idi Amin.

This is the basic problem - man has become so dominant of a species that his only fear is other men. The world is currently overpopulated. As long as we have people fighting for resources, we will continue to have war and genocide and fighting in the name of religion. That's reality.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I'm just saying that America likes to play holier than thou and we really don't have the right. Many, many skeletons in our closet.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (11h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: โ€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.โ€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.